Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Meetings - Joanne May

Welcome to our Monday Meeting! I have to say that these meetings are much more fun than some boring old corporate blah, blah, blah.

This week I am delighted to "reintroduce" my dear friend Joanne May. Jo is an incredible jewelry artist and illustrator. Her work is inspired by nature and traditional myths and legends from the romantic past. She lives in a beautiful village in England. I go crazy over the pictures of her surroundings. How could one not be inspired by such a beautiful place. I would love to visit. Of course, I would probably would never want to come back!


I featured Jo back in March when I had her design a Hare necklace for my birthday. I treasure it and wear it all the time. I decided I wanted a matching bracelet. Again Jo created a piece that I am just smitten with. I have a very small wrist and this bracelet fits me perfectly. It's so comfortable to wear. Look how cute the little clover charm is! Bunnies do love clover ya know.

She also created a keychain for me! I must say that I've never been so excited over a keychain in my life! It's gorgeous! So now I have a necklace, a bracelet and a keychain. All works of art, all pieces I adore and will keep forever.

Jo's illustrations are equally as beautiful and magical. I got three cards that came with gold envelopes. I may send them to special friends or I might be totally selfish and keep them for myself. (yes, I'm keeping them for me, hee,hee,hee)

In a few weeks, Jo will be offering her Snow Hare cards in her Etsy shop. They will come with silver envelopes. Hello! Love these! They are perfect for the upcoming Holidays as well as any occassion that you want to send someone a special, magical card.

Jo has a beautiful Bengal Cat named, Zigsa. To me he is indeed the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland!


Do hop over and visit Jo and Zigsa. Tell them Shell and Sugie bunny said hi and hugs! Thanks for everything Jo. I love your work and I'm so very glad for your friendship!

See...these meetings are the best ever!

xx, shell and sugie bunny

11 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell...
I'll be heading across the pond to visit Jo and the Cheshire Cat! ;-) She is a fabulous artist, both with her jewelry and her cards. Thanks for the introduction. I'll be leaving to visit as soon as the meeting is adjourned!
xoxo
Donna

Barb said...

I just love the design she did for you....she certainly is talented.

Crafty Green Poet said...

what lovely designs and illustrations, are you sure the two of you aren't related?

Anna said...

She is very talented and I visit her often!
have a great week!
LG. XXX Anna

Life in Egypt said...

I would not drool over a house like a thatched cottage the upkeep costs are astronomical. I know! I owned one. sold it as soon as i could to another drooler. who had dreams of living in "a thatched house"
all very nice if it was in a warm country.

Jo Potter said...

Dear Shell,
Thank you so much for your lovely, lovely post!:-)
I'm touched by your very kind words. It's great to see your arrangement of my work on your blog and I'm thrilled that you are enjoying wearing the jewellery items. It means a lot to me when my art pieces are enjoyed and go to good homes.
It is also lovely to see Ziggy here, looking full of mischief! ;-)
It's a good job I don't live in a thatched cottage, (I just read the comment above). Our house is surrounded by thatched cottages! They might be a lot of work to look after but they do look magical around the Wiltshire countryside.
I don't think I could ever live in a really hot country like dusty Egypt and I don't think they have very many tree fairies living there either! ;-)

Thanks again Shell for being a good friend.
Love to you and Sugie.
Jo.xx

Sparklyjools said...

Hooray - another excuse to look at lovely Jo's fabulous work and the gorgeous Zigsa cat! Well done Shell.

I did not send my cards to my friends, I kept them all for myself!!! Next time I get to keep the jewellry I purchase from her too.... x

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay dear Michelle,

I am going to look at her her site, thanks to share with us..
And thanks for you kind words om my blog.

Marijkexxx

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell and Sugie bunny,

What a beautiful home, in the village that Jo lives in.
I love her pretty jewelery and you must feel lovely wearing it.
Also her cat is the cutest.
Love the pretty cards too and look forward to going over to say hello.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

gail said...

Hi Shell,,, What a great post. I have visited Jo Anns blog before. I do love her art. She is amazing.

I hope you have had a great weekend. I love the new Halloween projects! Just adorable. Kiss Sugie for Auntie Gail.
(())

Allie said...

I would dearly love to wake up every morning in beautiful England - oh my that jewelry is amazing, how perfectly you! She did a fabulous job. Love her illustrations too, they're just magical, and oh that beautiful cat!!!!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...