Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Meetings - Jenny of Elefantz

Good morning staff and welcome to another Monday Meeting! Got your coffee, tea and fuzzy slippers? Good! Let's get started!

This week our special guest is the one, the only, the fabulously wonderful  Jenny of Elefantaz!

This stitchery designer from Australia is one talented lady! Recently she and I had a little "friendship swap." I sent her some Valdani threads and she send me some Cottage Garden threads! We also sent some other little goodies too. Just look!

Jenny sent me this fun fabric, threads, a monogrammed scissor keep and an adorable owl button! Oh and get this...she also loves white!! Ahh yes, a gal after my own heart. No wonder we like each other! hee,hee,hee.



Jenny has been featured in magazines, she has an Etsy shop, and she has free stitchery designs too! Above and below are just a few of the beautiful things she has made.

Not only is she a talented designer, but she is one genuine, kind hearted and lovely person that I am truly honored to call my friend. Hop over and visit with her in Australia. Tell her I said hi and hugs!

Have a fun, magical and wonderful day!
Meeting adjourned.
xx, shell, sugie and harrington

13 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

What a fun swap and love all the beautiful gifts.
Hope that you and the bunnies have a good week

Hugs
Carolyn

Jo in TAS said...

Jenny is lovely and generous too. She sent me the most gorgeous pink chenille when I needed some and asked nothing in return. A beautiful blogger:-)

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Jenny does have a great blog, I've been a follower for a while now. And her designs are gorgeous!

Karen M said...

Oh, Wow! What gorgeous work, and beautiful colors. I can't wait to see what the people in her bird project do.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell:
What a lovely post about Jenny! I'm sure she'll love it. She has a wonderful creative eye, and it's so wonderful that you have a swap friend in Australia, too. I love mine!
Have a great day with the bunns, girlfriend.
xoxo
Donna

Lisa said...

Shell, Donna's work looks very familiar... similar to someone else we know, especially that last one! Sounds like a lovely little swap you have.

Maggey and Jim said...

She is totally AWESOME..She is so sweet and generous,loving individual..
Maggey

Barb said...

What fun gifties...and it was nice learning about Jenny.

Mandy Saile said...

ohh some really sweet work shown here...thanks for sharing:D I love the packaging of those yarn bundles.

BubzRugz said...

That's a lovely post about Jenny - I love her designs too...
I am doing your Sentimental Journey designs but did one extra block to send to someone - they have quotes that can be used for any occasion..... thanks for them
Hugz
if you get a chance to pop in I have a picture here
http://bubzrugz.blogspot.com/2010/09/preciousness.html

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Me loves Jenny too!!!
In fact the Quilt that I am hand quilting now to donate to my Library is her free bom for this year--she called "Bouquet"!!! I am still working on the Shabby Rose from last year!!!!!!
Hugs, Di

The French Bear said...

Wow, what a beautiful blog friend, her stitching is wonderful!!! Thanks for always knowing just who to introduce us too!!! Great gifts, love that sweet owl button!
Hugs,
Mags
xo

KaHolly said...

Lovely post about Jenny!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...