Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Meetings - Donna Liljegren of Brynwood Needleworks

Sometimes in life paths may cross and an acquaintance is made. Other times when paths cross a lasting friendship is born. A friendship that grows stronger and stronger like you've known the person your whole life.

My friend Donna Liljegren, of Brynwood Needlework's, is a such a friend. Donna is one of those people whose warmth, kindness, and generosity can be felt even if you have never met her in person, which I have not, but look forward to the day I do. Please hop over and visit with her. Her blog is gorgeous and you will be glad you went to visit.

The other day I received this beautiful gift in the mail. Not only is Donna an wonderful person, she is also an incredible textile artist. She made this beautiful pillow for me in remembrance of my Razzy bunny. Yes, I cried when I opened it. I have been blessed by many gifts from Donna all of which I treasure. This pillow, however, was a blessing on my life. It shall sit on the settee in Bunnyville and help me to remember my precious baby boy.

Thank you for everything Donna. Your love, your friendship and your heart.
Love and friends always,
Shell

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and touching gift.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh Shell no wonder you cried when you opened it...that is so special...

Annette Tait said...

that's such a touching gesture and warm gift of Razzy, how very caring of Donna.
You have a special friend Shell, and cherished memories :)

Hef's Mom said...

What a beautiful rememberance for Razzy!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Shell:
I feel the exact same way about you! I'm so happy that you like my gift, and I hope it reminds you of every single, precious moment you had with your amazing Razzy.
Love always,
Donna

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Now I'm getting teary-eyed. What a heartfelt gift. Donna is such a sweet, kind and TALENTED gal!

xxoo

The French Bear said...

Shell, she is the best!!! What a beautiful pillow!!!
Hugs,
Mags

Lisa said...

Yup. Teary in the workplace.

That's a beautiful gift and a wonderful thing to do.

The Fab Furs said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift.

Unknown said...

Oh what a beautiful and special gift!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely gift!

Mandy Saile said...

Oh Shell, what a beautiful sweet present...Razzy was a beautiful soul, not to be forgotten even by those of us who never met him. XXXOOO all around.

Jo in TAS said...

Oh that's a beautiful gift! What a sweetie Donna is.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What an amazing gift she has given you---it is more than a pillow with Razzy's picture on it--this pillow is so full of love that I can even feel it---you need to keep that friend--she is great!!!
Hugs, Di

Natascha said...

What a wonderful gift and momento of such a special little guy. You can see how his love for you has touched others that have never even met him. An amazing gift to be treasured.

Allie said...

Oh what a sweet and thoughtful gift. It's just beautiful...what a lovely thing to do.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Bless her heart...that's precious, Michelle.

Sabine said...

Aww that pillow is very sweet. Brings back dear memories of Razzy :-)

Sparklyjools said...

Oh Shell that is just beautiful, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift. Donna is a lovely lady.

SheilaC said...

What a wonderful, beautiful tribute to your Razzy!!

Sweet Donna!

SheilaC

Maggey and Jim said...

SIMPLY AWESOME.. What a delicious friend.
Maggey

bunnythreads said...

OMG~ what a simply lovling way to remember Razzy...such a dear dear person to reach out in such a special way....`friend'indeed

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...