Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas at our Cottage

Hi there! Merry Christmas to you! I hope you are having a fun day of feasts and festivities. As promised, here are some photos of our cottage.

Mr. McGregor is dressed in his finest bow to greet visitors.



I chose a simple wreath for the front door and I have always loved jingle bells.



Amazingly, I managed to not kill my evergreen shrub, so I added some berries around it. I love the simple look of the red pillows on the black rockers.


Instead of wreaths around the lights, I found these swags which looked nice with our front door wreath.




We got a new tree last year, but living in the apartment shed, we didn't get to use it. It was fun to set it up this year. I still have that rustic looking bucket to put it in. Of course, the tree is topped with a bunny and loaded with ornaments that hold special meaning to us. Decorating it every year is a gift to myself.



The morning after the tree went up, I came out to find Sabrina here. Seeing this melted my heart. I think back to when she was living outside in the cold. This is her first Christmas tree. She loves laying in front of it, starring at the lights. She has been so good. Nobody can believe she didn't bother the tree. She is such a precious girl and I am so grateful for her in my life.


Hannah enjoyed checking out all the bunny ornaments. She is doing very well and every day with her is a gift. Yukon Cornelius, the elf in the back, knows that bunnies are magical. hee,hee,hee He was made for me a few years ago, by my dear friend Jillayne.



Outside of that, I had a simple flower arrangement and hung our stockings and cards from friends on the mantle. Next year I will change the stockings out to my new design. I didn't have time to get Davids finished this year.



Oh and Mr. Bunny, on the media center, is holding a star. Lydia gave this bunny to me over 16 years ago. It's hard to believe she and I have been best friends for 20 years this month! Love you Lyd!



As the sun sets over our cottage, I wish you every blessing and happiness. Thank you dear friend for being such a gift to me and for following along on my adventures.



I will see you back here on Wednesday with a preview of our next adventure down "Briarside Lane."

Light, love and hugs,
Michelle


16 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Merry Christmas--love all the photos but of course Sabrina one and Hannah ones are my favorite!!
It is hot and humid here today--doesn't feel like Christmas at all--
good thing I have the tree up--otherwise I might just think it was 4th of July!!!
love and blessings for a great year--
di

Janet said...

The happiest if Christmases to you and your family 😊

Jeanette said...

Love your decorations/decorating. Hugs,xx

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas to you all. It is a foggy rainy day here. They say we could even have some severe weather. So crazy. I loved catching up with you at this time of the year. I am anxious to see what your new design will be. I loved the pictures. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley.

webbsway said...

Loved seeing Sabrina and Hannah - they really do make Christmas! Angels with fur are always the best.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is a beautiful house, and so festive. Merry Christmas!

Little Miss Titch said...

that looks beautiful Michelle, Merry Christmas for Yesterday and happy boxing day to day,the photos of Hannah and Sabrina are just adorable,xx Speedy and Rachel

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Darling and wonderful friend,

WHAT A BLESSING! I am chuckling over here as I see Sabrina; she is like me. SHE LOVES A LIGHT SHOW! And to think she did not climb or attack the tree is impressive! Then there's Miss Banana Bread.....she is in wonder too! Oh, your cottage is snug as a bug in a rug. Simply decorated (I prefer simple but meaningful ornamentation too) and your mantle is beautiful. We too had a super Christmas eve, all tucked into our cottage. I got a BOOT out of doing some last minute decorations in my kitchen that I had not gotten to the weeks before. It made me so giddy and even Ruben walked into the kitchen last night, where all I had going were the battery candles in the windows and on an overhead woodland chandelier I created over the breakfast table. What magic light stirs up inside and outside of us. Then last night, we simply walked across the street to our super neighbors' cottage for dinner. LOVE LOVE LOVE to you and may 2017 be a peaceful and creative year.

Anonymous said...

Sabrina and Hannah are adorable! I especially like the pop of red in your outdoor decorations. Cheers to the New Year!

Sparklyjools said...

Just beautiful. Sigh.
Our decorations - well, we have 2 vases of flowers and my Christmas Ducks put on the bureau!(We do have Oskie Bo cat though!) Looking forward to the New Year and all the excitement it's bringing!xxx

Crafty Green Poet said...

wonderful decorations and lovely photos.

Seasons Greetings to you all

tink's mom said...

Your cottage looks so homey and warm. Nice to have you settled in and less stressed this holiday season. Very Merry.

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Shell,

Your home looks beautiful decked out for Christmas and love all the decorations.
Also lovely to see sweet Hannah and Sabrina - Sabrina is a good kitty not to try and knock the bells off the tree. I know that is what our kitties used to try and do when they were little.
Hugs
Carolyn

Brynwood Needleworks said...

What a wonderful tour of your Christmas cottage this year, Shelby. I knew it would be magical! (I love that multi-drawer piece in your living room, too. I'll be looking for goodies like that for the farm!)
Can't wait to see what unfolds for you in the new year.
Blessings to you and David.
xoxo
Donna

Gypsy Quilter said...

Dolly and I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Judy1522 said...

Your house looks beautiful and it was so nice to see Sabrina and Hannah both enjoying the tree.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...