Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wild Hare Wednesday! Light Fixtures

Well Hellooooooo there and welcome to another Wild Hare Wednesday!
Remember, if you want to join in let me know and I'll add you to the list. There are no rules, you can write about ANY kind of Wild Hare you have!
You don't have to follow my theme as my Hare's get really Wild sometimes! hee,hee,hee.
Ok... so this week I'm going to confess about my light fixture Wild Hare..er..umm, well let's just rephrase that to say Hare(s). hee,hee,hee.
I have lived in my house for 8 years and I've changed most of my light fixtures 3 times!!! Yes, 3 times!!
Let's take a stroll down memory lane shall we..
I started out with all the deep dark tiffany stained glass and iron fixtures. Very Victorian.
This was my dining room light.
This one hung over my kitchen island. (I sold both of these)
Hall sconce lit up.
Hall sconce daytime.
This one David actually made. Yes made. It's a sconce for our hallway. I'm selling this one (he said to, so don't freak out). Send me an email if you're interested $150.00 plus shipping.
While they are very pretty, they're dark. Ummm, I don't like dark. Oh yeah that's right.
Next!
So then I moved on to the whole crystal and bling and Shabby Chic thing. Oooo so pretty and shiney! But.. Hello!!! Shiney get's dirty and dusty and grungy! It's only pretty when it's shiney! What a pain in the buttox to clean!! What was I thinking? I'm a clean freak and all those crystals!
This one hung above my kitchen island (I sold it)

This one hung in my dining room. (Gave to a friend in trade for something... forget now)
This one hung in my master bath. (It's for sale $35.00 plus shipping if you're interested send me an email).
So now here we are in the Calm, Clean and Serene decorating phase and what is the final stage (or so David hopes anyway) of my Wild Hare(s) over light fixtures.
These are simple, classic and can be cleaned with my favorite cleaning tool, the Swiffer Duster! Yeah baby!
This one is in my dining room.
This one is above my kitchen island.
This one is in my master bath.
and this one... hello fabulous... (I actually said that when I saw it at Ballard Designs) hangs on the wall in the hallway.
So... are you ready to call the people at the looney bin to come and get me? hee,hee,hee.
There really is no cure for Wild Hares. They just happen. Some are just stranger than others and some are lucky they have understanding husbands. :)
Hugs,
shell

8 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love your fixtures! Your sweet husband is talented! He does beautiful work.

I really like seeing the progression your decor has taken just by looking at your fixtures. You should see what used to hang in our dining room! The entry light is still there - until I can find something to replace it - but the new fixture in our dining room is teak like our furniture. Much beter!

Have a great day today, Shell.
Hugs,
Donna

The French Bear said...

Haha, shell, I love it! I can tell what years the light fixtures were cause my style was the same!! Oh my how we evolve! I love the new fixture!
I have changed many things too but sadly no photos, I really need to work on that!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Rebecka said...

The new lighting is clean and matches your style. Fun to see your other styles of lighting. I'm enjoying your Wild Hares!

Sea Witch said...

I adore lighting fixtures, they can enhance a room with so much more then the light that generate. Yours are lovely and especially the handcrafted stained glass sconces. SEa Witch

Jo Potter said...

Hi Shell May,
Well, this is really your very best, Mad Hare moment, of all time!:)
Are you collecting light fittings like collecting designer shoes?
Hee hee.;)
I like the Tiffany style lights the best but then I would, as I love all things Victorian!
I hope you are happy with your new fittings now but I will look out for them on ebay in the future, just in case!;)
Lovely to see you again...
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
Love, Jo.x

Hef's Mom said...

In our dining room we have one of those 80s Ruby Tuesday/Pizza Hut type lamp, we walked into it about 20 times before shortening the cord. What else is in the dining room? Just a rabbit playing, no table no nothing.

Gari in AL said...

So, did you sell the bathroom light? Let me know as I need one.

Patricia said...

I liked seeing the progresion of styles. I love the Victorian stained glass. The Shabby Chic never came through my house. I like things to be clean but I don't like cleaning. I knew myself way to well to get involved in that! Your most recent is lovely, I love the serene look.
Hugs,
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...