Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mojo and the Bunnies

Chloe and Razzy
aka "Princess Pudd'in Pie and Mr. Bunny Man or Mama's Chocolate Easter Bunny"
Razzy (Don't ya wanna just kiss him!)
He is soooo soft and fuzzy!
What an incredibly fast week. I can't believe it's Sunday again and Sunday is almost over! Good grief!

I have been doing a lot of reading lately and a lot of thinking. It's amazing when you can quiet your mind (not a simple task for me) the kind of answers that get well... answered. This weekend I was in total connection with my "Mojo." In fact, the mojo was literally hopping! I have made bunches and bunches of "doodles" with bunnies. I know I like a simple things; bunnies and a "French" kinda look to things. I emailed my new blogging friend and incredible designer, Brooke, and asked her for her opinion on the term "French Cottage." She said that it reflected my style and I should go for it. Another friend of mine and talented sewer, Sharon, said in a recent interview at Make Mine Pink, to focus on something and make it the best. Be an expert at it. So true! So true!
So... I've decided that I'm going to truly follow my bliss and make things that I truly love. I loooooooooove a simple French Cottage look and I looooooooove bunnies. I'm combining the two to create my new pieces. I even have some patterns coming out so that those who love to create things can make something for yourself and those you love. We all love to learn, create and be inspired. Let's face it, in these scary times, it's kinda fun to get lost in the creation of something and give a gift from the heart.
Here are two pieces to start. They are available at my site if your interested. I'm calling my work "Recession Art." It's reasonably priced so you can purchase a little piece of "pretty" without feeling guilty.


Check back with me for "What's up Wed."
bunny hugs,
Shell
This week IGF Mojo, the Bunnies and Friends that inspire.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shell

I really love your new "recession art". It's gorgeous.

Lisa

Susie said...

Hi Shell! Beautiful work! It is nice that you made them recession art too.
Susie of The Polka Dot Rose

Patricia said...

Keep doodling,I just love your bunny pieces and recession art is a fabulous idea!
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotourriof.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Voila` Love that look...we coined French cottage country for an ad last year...love the elegance of French with the comforts of cottage...
Susan *dutchrose*

Dianne Long said...

Shell, your new work is amazing! What a talent you have, I just love everything that you do! It's awesome to see you really getting in touch with your artistry and sharing it with the world. That is exactly what you should be doing! I'm off to your site to see your new offerings. XOXO Dianne

gail said...

Hi Shell, this new work is bunnylicious!! Love it. And you are sooo right, during this hard time, its wonderful to get lost in my creating. Its so much cheaper than therapy! lol
Bunny hugs to Chloe and Razzy,,,gail

Just a bed of roses said...

Love your posting on the three bunnies, I would love them too! Thats neat to combine what you love, kind of narrows down the decision making doesnt it and you are such a clean, neat person that makes total sense for you. Loved your blog about beautiful Valentines vintage finds, neat story. and still love your charming spotless home!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Shell,
I love your new creations. They are so pretty, and your babies are just so fuzzy I want to reach out and give them hugs and kisses. Have a great week!
hugs,
Carrie`

Alice said...

oh be still my heart!!! those bunnies!!!! and ya ya ya (wink) to all that other stuff....sorry but razzy is stealing the show! GORgeous images!!!!!!

kiss kiss auntie p

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous bunnies you have! Nose rubs to Chloe & Razzy!

I love you work! I've always liked craft (although I haven't been crafting anything for a while) and I love love love bunnies :D

Carolee Crafts said...

Well done Shell for making this decision, I made the same one at the end of last year. Follow your bliss and do what you love the finished product will then reflect that love in its being. Good Luck

Cottage Flair said...

Michelle, Your new pieces are so unique and just beautiful. You keep creating! Your bunnies are adorable.
Jennifer

A day at the Cappuccino Café said...

Happy Monday Shell! Theses bunnies are so cute & fluffy, I just want to squeeze them =) Not too hard of course! Your recession art is fabulous too, what beautiful work!

Sending "Bunny Hugs" your way,
Sue

Marie said...

Hi Shell,
What great photos of the bunnies. they are the cutest. Love your patterns. They are really beautiful.
Marie

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Shell your recession art is beautiful! Bunny Love is my favorite.

Susan

www.myvintagecharm.com
www.myvintagecharm.typepad.com

Eileen & Karen said...

Recession Art! Love it Shell! Your one smart bunny!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.blogspot.com

KatCollects said...

Your bunnies are so adorable. We have 5 pet bunnies, I adore them!!!
Kathy

Crafty Green Poet said...

what adorable rabbits! I like the idea of using bunny images in art, and recession art is a great idea too

Anonymous said...

What an amazing duo. Chocolate brown gorgeousness!

Thanks for stopping by to see us! We'll be back soon.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOVE the bunnies (kiss kiss) and the direction you are heading.

(())

http://www.theScentedCottage.com

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...