Thursday, February 15, 2018

Remembering

Hi there,

Sorry for not being here yesterday. In all honesty, I'm lucky to be here now. I'm just so worn out with all the sadness, killing, politics and drama in the world right now. It's all just waaaaaaay to much. It's exhausting.

I was going to write a post about the changing times, industry changes, people changes, my business, etc. I sat down to write and nothing would come. Instead, I got lost in the days of yesteryear, when I would spend my evenings reading blog after blog after blog. The days that were filled with creativity and fun. Times with my bunnies and friends and family. Times that just didn't seem to be so awful and depressing. Times when I use to laugh a lot. It's hard to believe that was ten years ago.

So instead of getting into all the changes that are here and those to come, I've decided to take a hop down memory lane and, in honor of the Olympics, share one of my most favorite posts from days gone by...

Please enjoy the re-post of "The Bunnyville Olympics," which originally posted in 2012 and then again in 2014.

 Hoppy Friday! Bunnyville Olympics
I sure have enjoyed watching the Olympics. Have you? What is your favorite event? I must say I'm partial to the ice dancing. It's so beautiful.

In celebration of the Olympics, I decided to repost "The Bunnyville Olympics" which originally appeared with the Summer Olympics in 2012. It still makes me laugh and I hope it brings a smile to your face as well.

There is one new event added to the end of the post. Enjoy!

This week, Harrington and Hannah wanted to wish you a Hoppy Friday with some scenes from the "Bunnyville" Olympics. (for those of you who are new friends to our blog, Bunnyville is the name of my studio where I design and Harrington and Hannah live)

First up, we have the "100 Pellet Eating Relay."

Next, Hannah competes in the "Ladies Litter Box Hay Throw."


She grabs...

She extends...

and she throws! Woo hoo! Another excellent hay throw out of the litter box!

Moving on to our next event. Harrington competes in the "Mens Long Yawn."

               He yawns...

            and holds it..
    and holds it...

Checking the score board...Yes! He is still the reigning champion of the Mens Long Yawn!

Our next event is the "Synchronized Leg Lick." The key in this event is to lick the legs in unison while keeping your eyes on the judges.

Harrington shows great form while keeping both eyes on the judges,

while Hannah get's extra points for lifting the leg.

Moving on to the "Flat out Belly Flop."

They competed in pairs

and individually.

Harrington won this event hands belly down. ;)


Our final event was the litter box snow dig. Unfortunately, both Harrington and Hannah were disqualified from this event as they refused to dig the snow. Eating it doesn't count. I was informed later that, like their Mama, they hate being cold.

We hope you enjoyed the scenes from the "Bunnyville" Olympics. They received Gold Medals in the Cuteness competition, but then again, they win those every day around here.



Hoppy Friday!!!
xx,
Michelle, Harrington and Hannah

21 comments:

Sharon said...

Enjoyed your post, Shell! In addition to my struggle with grief and missing my best friend, days like yesterday make me feel so hopeless! Your sweet bunnies make my heart happy!

RG said...

Ha Ha .. I remember those! Cool ...

Sharon Decker said...

I loved reading it the first time, and just as much this time. We needed it after yesterday. Thanks for sharing it again.

kc said...

Sending you lots of love. These are trying times; I pray for healing for all the families involved, including first responders. Thank you for bringing us such an abundance of cuteness and snuggly.

Createology said...

Thank you Sweet Shell, Harrington and Hannah of Bunnyville. Our world is far from happy and in need of lots of Love. I am reduced to tears, however I choose happy tears from watching Shaun White win Gold again and completely show his emotions. Stay Sweet Bunnyville...<3

Kris said...

Oh, Shell, thanks so much for the happy post!! In order to be able to put up with all the world throws at us on a daily basis, we just need to stop sometimes and smile or laugh!! You gave me both!! Tanks!!

Laura Bullinger said...

This posting had me laughing! Such cute memories and pics - thanks for sharing that!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my friend.....

Seeing this past post gives me such a bittersweet feeling. Where do I begin? Like you, 10 years ago, I too would spend my early mornings happily perusing blogs, having just found the joy of making connections with such wonderful bloggers, many of whom remain to be loyal email correspondents. Those blogging days are over. Everyone (including myself), is too busy, or life has changed, demanding our energy. Dear Harrington, oh my.....to see him hear brings back many years and tears of joy. Seeing Hannah as a young bunny I have to admit, saddens me, because all things beautiful CHANGE. Like you, this last tragic event has left me feeling helpless. But, we carry on. But a rebel spirit is welling up within me, and I'm saying, "NO MORE. ENOUGH ALREADY."

Thank you for sharing this. I believe that the past is important to hang on to, to retell.

Natascha said...

can't help but smiling when looking at them....

Janet said...

Loved the Bunnyville Olympics. Glad to see them again. 👍👏🙂

Ann in PA said...

I always loved to read about the adventures of Harrington & Hannah! So many bloggers have moved to Facebook & Instagram...our society has become all about "faster is better"...instant gratification - no real connection. sigh!
I miss reading all those blogs...sitting with a cuppa and visiting a like-minded friend. I always enjoy your message of kindness, hope & love. Hugs xxoo

Linda in Calif. said...

This post is just what I needed this morning. So light and fun. Thanks for sharing this cuteness again.

JudyCinNC said...

Harrington and Hannah always made my heart lighter and my smile wider. How I miss the blogs and the sharing of what makes us happy, the every morning anticipation of information, a new challenge, a new technique and the very much appreciated "comments" on our own blog, and our willingness to leave a positive comment for someone else to find. The blog hops were all about creativity and sharing. Now the blogs are full of advertisements that prevent you from reading the blog without having to be reloaded over and over. I never appreciated the quick spurts of Facebook and Instagram for whatever reason. I prefer conversations I guess - showing my age again.

I just had my blog created into a book by Blog 2 Print. The book is soft coverd with 384 pages.of posts, color pictures, and comments. I had over 1250 comments so had the opportunity to reduce those down. All for under $100 and sometimes they have 30 percent off discounts -usually around holidays I was very pleased with the process, the customer service help and recommendations and the book itself. We put a lot of work and thought into our blogs and I did not want to lose that history and blogging happiness. Shadetreequilting.com is still there until next September, 2018. Hugs and love from me to you for sure JudyCinNC

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ohh--thank you--I needed this--I loved it the first time you posted it and love it even more now--I do miss that Harrington bunny!!
Be good to yourself and do something fun--and know that I am there with you having some fun too--we can't change the world--though we would very much like to--we can only change and love our own little space in this world--and you do do that my friend--so smile about that!!
thanks and love, di

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lovely memory - thank you for showing it again. They are the cutest olympic champions ever!
Love and light
Anne-LIse

Quilting Tangent said...

Cute pictures and interesting sports.

Petal49 said...

Oh how I loved this post and seeing it again is so enjoyable. I feel for you and the feeling of sadness that envelopes your country much too often. Although I believe in freedom of the individual I am so glad and thankful for the gun laws enforced here in Australia. Of course there are still shootings but mainly criminal shooting each other.
I love reading blogs with a nice cup of tea. I follow creative people and try and avoid the ones filled with ads.
Sending love and kind thoughts from Daisy and Thumper who engage in their own bunny olympics most days when its not too hot.

Jeanette said...

Loved this post & loved seeing it again. Big hugs, xx

Crafty Green Poet said...

very sweet!

Alice said...

Thanks for re-posting. We can all use some cuteness to smile about!!

Jennilee said...

Sweet, sweet buns! Thanks for sharing your "bunny olympics"! Great seeing you again at the MAQF!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...