Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Our Fellowship Grand Finale!

We made it! Whew! What an incredible journey this has been. Fifty weeks, fifty flowers, twelve projects and some bees thrown in for good measure. hee,hee,hee. It sure was fun to stretch myself creatively to come up with all these combinations to share with you.


Here is our final project simply called, "Fellowship of the Flowers." It represents not only how much flowers appreciate the bees, but how your friendship and support of my little business is truly appreciated. It is not easy being self employed in an "artsy" career. The bunnies, Sabrina and I would not be here without you. Thank you!


People always ask me how long it takes me to make something. I never really keep track, but on this project I did (minus the time stopping to take photographs and jotting down notes so I could write the instructions.)

Here's what it came down to:
28 Flowers (roughly 2 hours each) = 56 hours
18 Bees (roughly 1 hour each) = 18 hours
Cutting, assembling the hexagons and stitching them all together = 14 hours (thanks Captain and David for cutting help!)
Hand stitching 90 buttons to the quilt = 5 hours

Total hours to make this project: 93 hours
Now I know why I don't keep track of hours! hee,hee,hee. ;)


Members in the Fellowship will receive the instructions for this project today. If you are not a member, but would like to join, (CLICK THE FELLOWSHIP TAB AT THE TOP)  you have until the 18th at 12 midnight EST. After that, the Fellowship patterns and projects will go away for good. The tab at the top of my blog with all the photos will remain on my blog until December of next year for members to refer back to. 


Well, that's a wrap! We have truly enjoyed sharing this adventure with you and again, thank you for joining us!

xx,
Michelle, the Bunnies and Sabrina too!

22 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's just lovely! Thank you for all you share and do - your creativity is inspiring.

Vroomans' Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paulette said...

GORGEOUS!! Love it!
P

Jeanette said...

Love it. Thanks Shell looking forward to next years projects. Hugs, xx

Christine M said...

Oh, it is gorgeous, Shell. What a wonderful project. I've enjoyed watching all the flowers come along.

Lesley said...

Fabulous! Congratulations on such a beautiful project!

Sparklyjools said...

Many, many congratulations sweets!You've done an amazing job and I'm so happy and proud for you.xxx

Raewyn said...

Beautiful - a fun year of projects - my patterns are all safely stowed away and I do hope to make a start on them in the new year :-) - lots of creativity, thank you Michelle!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WHOAH.

I can't believe it.

There should be a museum somewhere for bloggers' achievements...you know? Michelle, this is outrageously great!!! To see your weekly shares all put together, this is a fine subject for a metaphor, a poem. Hmmmmm.....to see the parts as a whole is quite moving. BRAVA MY DEAR! How I love the bees...teeeee

http://thankfullga447 said...

Such a great accomplishment and look how beautiful it came out. Lots of sewing.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Congrats! It's lovely!

Tina said...

Oh my! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! What an amazing artist you are!!!!

Jennifer Thomas said...

I've enjoyed checking in now and then to see the flowers all year. The finished quilt is beautiful! The buttons give it such a sweet touch. Thanks so much for sharing & have a super day!

Ann said...

It's beautiful. What a great bunch of hexies. Thanks for sharing everything you do. I love the ideas and inspiration your provide to all of us crafting folks.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What an awesome project you made--
and look at all those buttons!!
hugs, di and miss gracie

Loris said...

Wild party of flowers and bees! Lovely, creative art, Michelle!
I'm hoping to make some penguin tags today. Thank you for all the design and inspiration you have given us through out the year.
Hugs to all of you in Bunnyville.

Fiona said...

that is a stunning finish.... absolutely adorable...
Hugz

Createology said...

Michelle Dear you and the bunnies and Sabrina have truly outdone yourselves. Your dedication to this year long Fellowship of the Flowers is so very much appreciated. This Grand Finale is stunning and truly shows your creative design and stitching skills. Thank You My Friend. Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy for all of 2015...

e said...

Michelle,
Thank you for all the inspiration. I came in late, so planning on working on these next year. This final project is amazing :)

Merry Christmas !!

jerilanders said...

So that's what happens when you put them all together; what a joyous piece of art!Really, a tremendous delight, Michelle. All those who stitched along must be thrilled with the outcome. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Unknown said...

A spectacular final project! This year has gone by so fast, it is difficult to believe that the Fellowship has finished. You have most certainly put a lot of time and creativity into this year-long project Michelle, we have a lot to thank you for. It will be exciting to see what you have planned for next yeat, your own personal crafty projects included. Many, many thanks.

Little Miss Titch said...

Love this,so beautiful.Hope your parcel has arrived,xx Rachel

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...