Friday, December 19, 2014

Guild Christmas party highlights

Hoppy Friday!

Tuesday night was our guild's annual Christmas party. I must say, it is something I look forward to every year. Good food, good friends and tons of good laughs!


This year we had a potholder exchange instead of a quilt block exchange. We were all given a piece of Insulbright and were told to make a potholder with a Christmas theme or winter theme. This is the one I made. Do you get it?


Here are all the potholders. So many different designs.


We were asked to vote for the "Best in Show." The winner would get this awesome hat box filled with lots of goodies. The best in show was made by Julie. It is on the bottom row. It is the pinwheel with the red, green and white. Funny...it matches the box doesn't it? :)


My friend, Peggy, made this one. It was my favorite. I laughed so hard!


We also had our annual gift exchange/steal. Look at all this loot!


This is how I wrapped my gift. I used a measuring tape as a bow. Whatcha think?

If you have never done this before, here is a quick explanation. Everyone draws a number, which is the order in which you may select a gift. You open the gift and show everyone what is inside. The next person may select another gift to open or they may steal a gift that someone else has opened. We limit the number of "owners" to three as the stealing would get crazy with this rowdy bunch! ;)  There were times during this whole adventure when I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so much. It was so much fun!


Indeed, a good time was had by all as you can see from this photo of Jackie. :) :) :)

Have a fun weekend!
xx,
Michelle and the fuzzy crew

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the potholders. lt sounds like lots of fun. Hugs, xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING!!!!! THis is so exciting and fun! OK, I love that potholder, a partridge in a pear tree....and that measuring tape bow? BRILLIANT! OH my friend, I can hear the laughter. We were out the other night with Ruben's colleagues at a lovely restaurant and the laughs were so loud, you'd think they'd kick us out! JOY to the world for friends and love.

What a great array of color and creativity. Wishing you and the fuzzy ones peace and beauty! Anita

Little Miss Titch said...

I love your pot hold and the theme a partridge in a pear tree,but I think they were all great,Merry Christmas to you and your furry babies,xx Rachel,xx

Karen M said...

Love that partridge, shell. You always get the details so right, with even the hanging loop as stem.

RG said...

You people are nuts. Anyway - where is the food pix?

Christine M said...

Great pot holders. There are certainly some clever people out there.

belarmina said...

felicidades!!!
que bonita y divertida entrada,
me contagio tu alegría y veo que me estoy riendo con todo lo que disfrutasteis
los agarradores todos preciosos
buen fin de semana

Elvira said...

Que bonito todos los agarradores
Deseo que pases unas felices fiestas
y lo mejor para el proximo año
Besos

almtsbb said...

Your quilt group sounds like so much fun!
Loved the pot holders. I may have to make some of my own as gifts (for next year).

Createology said...

Great fun had by all and wonderful theme of potholders. Yours is very clever dear. Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy for all of 2015...

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

sounds like a wonderful party. Love all the pot holders.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a blast! I wish things like that were celebrated around my neck of the woods. Perhaps it's my fault upon further thought, I do tend to be a bit of a loner/recluse LOL! Thanks for sharing all the wonderfulness that was had!
Hugs always,
Beth P

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute potholders and what a fun gift exchange! I have a large family and we do this at Christmas the same way but call it a White Elephant Exchange. Lots of fun and laughs! Merry Christmas Michelle!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...