Friday, December 13, 2013

Hoppy Friday!

Hi ya and Hoppy Friday! For those of you who are new to following my blog, (hello and welcome) every Friday is Hoppy Friday. I list several things from the week that made me happy and I was grateful for. I invite you to share here too.

So, this week happiness was...


a really, really cool piece of original folk art!


My mom found this piece in an antique shop in NC. I loooooooooove him! He's made from some sort of paper clay or paper mache'. He's pretty big, around 17" long. I'm going to hang him in Bunnyville. I think he's pretty funny with his worried look on his face. Maybe he got stuck in that carrot because he ate so much of it his belly got fat. hee,hee,hee.


Next, happiness is getting Christmas cards from dear friends. I know many of us now send e-cards, but there are certain people who still send me real cards and it just wouldn't be Christmas without them.


Enclosed in one of the cards was this adorable handmade ornament from my friend, Sharon of Vroomans Quilts. Sweet! Thank you Sharon!


Mommy Syl, (Captain's mom) sent me these adorable dinner napkins! I love fun napkins and will use these for Christmas Eve dinner. I use to use cloth napkins all the time, but lipstick, olive oil, chocolate, spaghetti sauce, you name it was always making a huge mess that I could never get out of the cloth. I do put these in the recycle can when we are done with them.


Mommy Syl also gave me this adorable ornament and


this handmade ornament she found. I think this little lady looks a bit pouty. Perhaps she is worried she won't have any friends on the tree.


I shall put her next to Jingles. Jingles was made for me by my darling friend, Anita of Castles, Crowns and Cottages. Jingles is always smiling so I know he will make fast friends with our new lady.


Finally this week, I am happy because my two snuggly little bunnies love me so much. They always come up to me, put their heads together like this and wait for me to pet them. I usually lay down on the floor and we have a group snuggle. No matter what happens in the day, this will always make me happy and grateful. Pets have a way of doing that don't they?

So, what made you happy this week?

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies  

17 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just adore those napkins! And the crystal with bunny - oh, they are all sweet. Yes, our fur babies do give us joy - these cold days/nights have added lots more snuggle time.

Little Miss Titch said...

love the ornaments Shell and that napkin so cute,your card is on its way hope fully it will turn up soon,love to you and the bunnies,xx Rachel and Speedy

Anonymous said...

lovely post Shell.xx

Anonymous said...

Things which made you happy also made me happy. Really love the rabbit made from paper...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOVE!

How I adore you.

Jingles looks happy and pleased as punch to be part of this family that knows no bounds for love. GROUP HUG NOW with all the rabbits and families of the world!

Much love to you dear friend. Anita

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Great post, darling bunny you made!

Carolyn

Jeanette said...

Great post Shell. Love all those bunnies. Hugs,xx

Christine M said...

So many lovely bunny things. I love seeing your collection of bunnies, Shell!

Melody said...

No wonder you love those bunnies so much, they are adorable.

Fiona said...

adorable bunnies to make you happy.....
reading your post has made me happy!
Hugz

Kris said...

I lovvvvve your big carrot bunny!! Well, and everything that makes you happy - especially Hannah and Harrington and you!!

RG said...

Getting awful festive now! Thanks for the nice card too.

Sparklyjools said...

I love looking at all your lovely bunny deccies, 'cos I don't have to put any up then!!!;)
(Seriously - our tree is going up soon - and Andy will have to tidy up, heh heh: the one time a year I get something pretty in the flat!:) PS there is a 'real' card coming, I hope the posties swim really fast to get it to you for Christmas!:)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just had to come back to give another hug to Hannah-Banana and Sir Harrington, and you.

JudyCinNC said...

Happiness is having all the decorations done and cookies made for our neighborhood Christmas brunch and cookie exchange at my house next week. Lots of laughter and happiness when we get together. Everyone needs special friends - expecially a friend like Shell - love my Christmas card of the bunny honey's. Judy C in NC

Sherry said...

Your post made me happy. I love all of the fun bunny ornaments. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Createology said...

Our fur babies give us unconditional love and lots of smiles. I can see why you are happy over your cards and gifts. Happy Hoppy (Sunday already!)...

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...