Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Meetings - Jules of Adventures in Thread

Welcome to Monday Meetings everyone!

This week I am delighted to introduce you to my dear friend Jules of Adventures in Thread.
Jules lives in England and is an incredible doll artist and embroiderer. She is another friend that I have met through blogging that I wish I could meet in person to give her a big hug! I know we would share lots of laughs and have so much fun together. She could even fix me a "proper" cup of tea. It would be "brilliant" as she likes to say. :)

Jules made me some truly incredible gifts that I would like to share with you. And yes, yet again, I was brought to tears. I am delighted to introduce you to The Bunny Herder.

Jules created this lovely lady from paper clay and beautiful fabrics. She has the most beautiful eyes and a lovely long braid. Here dress and bloomers are made from the most beautiful fabrics.

The Bunny Herder holds a sweet little chocolate bunny (Razzy) that she needle felted.

You might be wondering why she is wearing boots. Well, the Bunny Herder is the keeper of the bunnies in a magical place. You see....Jules also wrote a lovely story to accompany this doll. The story features me, Razzy and Sugie....Ok...I gotta get some tissue... it's been a month today since Razzy passed and this just gets to me. :(

Then, as if I didn't get all choked up about this, she also embroidered this beautiful card with Razzy on it.

Jules...I can't thank you enough for these incredible gifts. The beautiful doll, the incredible story and the card that still makes me cry. They are treasures to me and they will reside in Bunnyville and forever bring many smiles to my face. Your friendship is the greatest joy and I treasure you. How grateful I am that blogging brought us together.

Many hugs across the pond to you my friend. Love ya bunches!
Shell

I do hope you can all join me this week...many magical things to come. ;)

17 comments:

RG said...

Brilliant!

(We have some brit blog friends too!)

Allie said...

That made me tear up too - that is the most beautiful doll I've ever seen, such a special gift!

Barb said...

What fine workmanship...just lovely....how fun for you as well.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Shell:
Your friend made some beautiful gifts for you! What a talented doll maker! sigh Hope you have a wonderful, creative week.
xoxo
Donna

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Oh, wow. I can't imagine a more thoughtful and lovely gift. I would cry, too.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

What a beautiful gift you received from your blogging friend.
Love the doll and bunny and the gorgeous card. Isn't it lovely to have such sweet blogging friends.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Jo in TAS said...

What a beautiful lady Jules is!

Hef's Mom said...

Adorable!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

SWEET!, think I'll have a cuppa. Where's the rest of the story? Gosh just a month since Razzy left, it feels like longer, but no less painful. Hugs.

Lisa said...

Jules' work is beautiful, and the intricacy is amazing.

A month already? Wow. Sending hugs for rush delivery down the coast.

The Fab Furs said...

Heartwarming!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift. Thank you for sharing.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh how beautiful--she is a great designer and a great friend--good for you and to you, even!!!
If you decide there is not enough room in bunnyville for her--you know my address!!!!
Hugs, di

Sparklyjools said...

You deserve it! Thank you for the lovely post brilliant! ( heh heh)xxx

Mandy Saile said...

Lovely work and lovely of you to introduce her to us all. Hugs, XO M.

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a wonderful gift!

Katie :o) said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...