Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cute Cottage Tuesday - The 2008 HGTV Green Home

Remember this cute cottage from 2008? I can't believe it's already been 2 years. This was the HGTV Green Home that they gave away. It's in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Boy oh boy did I ever want to win this cute cottage!
  
Charming front elevation with a metal roof, vertical board and batten and adorable shutters with shutter locks. Love the garage doors too!

I loved the taupe cabinets and the quartz countertops. Drool, sigh, drool some more. hee,hee,hee.

The living room, dining room and kitchen were all open to each other and the light just flooded in from the back yard.



 
That pergola was just gorgeous!
 

Speaking of the back yard...hello people! Look at that view! Breathe Shell, breathe....

Ok...I also really loved this pantry that lead to the wash room. I liked that everything was set up recycling.

To date, this has been my favorite house they have done. Charm, charm, charm! Which HGTV dream home has been your favorite?

xx, shell and sugie bunny

12 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell:
I loved everything about this house, but I think my favorite was the Lake Lure House in the mountains of North Carolina. Made me drool, it did.
xoxo
Donna

Allie said...

Oh my - I'll take two. Although I think I like the view best!

RG said...

Anybody actually live there? I don't think they would want 10 bunnys and a cat!

But still .....

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous home, very different to Aussie homes!

Jen said...

This is what dreams are made of! I still remember the log cabin they did in Colorado. I really thought I was going to win that one. Sigh. Oh well, there's still next year!

Megan Chamberlain said...

This house is so beautiful. I could definitely see myself living there. The light in the house is wonderful.

Unknown said...

I loved that one too but my fav was the one in NC that had the attached guest quarters and the really cool breezeway/porch between the two. It was up on a mountain but can't remember the name of it.

Diane H said...

Don't get this series on my TV. Wow, Sure could see myself living in this little beauty - thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

WOW. That's beautiful. Looks like it was made for you, too!

Karen M said...

My favorite was the North Carolina house also.... I still dream about the sewing/craft room! And the views were incredible.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those pops of green in the kitchen are delightful! The year we moved here to Tyler, 2005, was the year this town had the HGTV home. So I guess I loved it best, cause I got to walk through it!
Brenda

Mandy Saile said...

...breathe Mandy...Breathe:D ha ha...same reaction indeed:D

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...