Wednesday, January 15, 2020

A Side Hop Down Memory Lane

I know I said I would bring you part II of my trip to England, but this memory from 5 years ago popped up and it made me laugh. It made David laugh too. There have been lots of stressful things going on. Lots of suffering, sadness and loss. Frankly, I truly need a brief break from it all and I guess that's why this popped up. 

Hannah has aged so much over the last 5 years. She's now 11, which for a bunny is really old. She's about 85 in human years. Of course, my beloved Harrington will forever be in my heart. Such a character he was. Harrington and Hannah were my muses for storytelling, which explains why, when I lost him in June of 2015 and we moved to Wilmington, my storytelling and blogging started to decline. I'm glad it's coming back. :)

I hope you enjoy this hop and chuckle down memory lane back to January of 2015. I'll be back next week with more from England. :)

Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

Bun errr...um...Bunny Fitness



We know what you did. You were naughty for two entire months weren't you? You ate lots of cakes and 
candies and pies. You ate too much of everything didn't you?


It was fun though wasn't it?  hee,hee,hee ;)


Well now it's time to get back in shape and get healthy. Today we want to share a few simple things 
 to help you stay fit and trim. Feel free to practice these at home. 

Please note, we are not responsible and cannot be held liable for injuries, mishaps or other things 
you might do to yourself. You're on your own. 



That being said, let's start with some simple stretches shall we?


First, lift your leg, point your toe and stick it in your ear. Hold for a count of five. Please note, you may
 encounter ear wax.

Remove your toe from your ear and place it on your chin. Hold for a count of five. This is also an excellent
time to see if you removed ear wax from your ear. If so, you can just lick it off.


What do you mean "eewwwww?"  It's just ear wax. We all have it. I'm keeping it real people, 
keeping it real.



Moving along. Now place your front feet on the hay box with your back feet slightly apart on another box. 
Push off the hay box with your front feet three times and then hop up on the hay box, or if you don't feel
safe, simply hop back down to the floor.

This next exercise is best with a buddy. Using your nose, shove the ball to your buddy. At this point,
you may take a bite out of the ball before shoving it to your buddy. Now place the ball in the basket. 
You may take a bite of the basket as well.

Ok, let's move on to some ear Tai Chi. Stand up and point your left ear to the ceiling while your
 right ear points to the floor.

Now gently lay down and at the same time spread your ears apart in opposite directions.

Turn your head to the left while raising your left ear up and lowering your right ear. Repeat this 
routine three times being mindful of your breath.

This exercise is excellent to stretch your neck, head and get a side rub at the same time. You get the picture.

Next, lay on the floor and cross your left legs under your right legs. Let your eyes roll to the back of 
your head and play dead for a few minutes.


Speaking of playing dead, meditation is good for your busy mind. Meditate at least 15 minutes a day.

Yesssss....meditaaaaaate.

It's also very important to follow a healthy diet. You need to eat lots of greens as you need the fiber.


You may be tempted to eat processed cardboard carbohydrates, but you must resist.

You have come too far to fall off the basket now.


You can do it!

Now that you have had a good workout, it's time to cool down. Lay on your belly with your legs out to
 the back.

 Point your toes and stretch them as far as you can.

At this point we also like a nice rub down.

Take a well deserved break, but remember to drink plenty of water!


                                  I'm exhausted. Me too.

We wish you all the best for a healthy new year.

Your friends,
Harrington and Hannah

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the laugh & smile. Love, love, love the bunnies. Hugs, xx

RG said...

I still do all those exercises every single day!!! OBEY THE RABBITS.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Love the daily tale of your bunnies! I need to learn a few of their exercises!

Petal49 said...

Oh I did love those picture posts from the beautiful buns. They bring such a smile to my face. The Olympics were one of my favourites.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Shell, you don't know how much this hop down memory bunny lane means to me....the many years of laughs, tears and hopes and dreams all bundled up in Blogland mean so much to me. So much has changed, but I guess that's the reality of it all, that everything changes. "KEEPING IT REAL" Hannah-Banana-Bo-Bana!!!!!!

HOW CUTE IS THIS ALL!!!!!!!!! Yes my friend, these are the stories that we create and leave on our own bunny trails. Happiness, love, laughter and peace to you all!

Pat said...

I'm so glad you're back blogging. I love the positive thinking. As for exercising with the bunnies......I'm pooped!!

tink's mom said...

This is so very funny. Thanks for sharing it with us again. Lovely memories of a lovey bunny.

Laura Bullinger said...

It's adorably cute and funny! Thanks for posting it!

Createology said...

Oh Michelle thank you so very much for the good belly laugh. This was super cute and very clever! Yes, we all need a break from the daily onslaught of life and worries and things out of our control. Bunny Blessings Dear...<3

Kristy said...

So glad you shared this post today! Made me smile. I am so glad you are posting again. I look forward to reading your blog. K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com

Shelley said...

❤❤Hopefully things will be better soon. Harrington was quite a character 👯

pswatkins said...

I am sorry stress and loss has happened for you, but please, please don't stop blogging. I haven't known you long but look forward to what you have to say and all of your great ideas. We need more people like you to get us through the week.

Crafty Green Poet said...

this is so sweet, really made me smile.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...