Monday, February 24, 2014

Guild show and tell, TV and More

Last Tuesday night was our Croatan Quilters Guild meeting. Such a wonderful time. Here's some of the show and tell shared by my friends.


Isn't this gorgeous? All those points!


Marianne (peeking around the quilt) shared this piece with us. It was made by her sister, Lesley. The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter and it's called Celtic Solstice.  Breathtaking! Again...all those points!


Next, some of the gals just returned from the annual beach retreat. This is Holly (retired Marine! Hoorah!). Holly was excited because she learned how to do paper piecing and make a Grandmother's Flower Garden block. She called it Holly's Daisies. I think Holly's Hexies sounds even better. What do you think?


Holly also share some of the tops she finished at the retreat. These are some of the fabrics she collected in her travels with the Marine Corp.


Very fun, modern colors.


On the retreat, Peggy taught her how to make a tied fleece throw. This one featured golf fleece.


Next, Marly shared some of the blocks she made at the retreat. Can I just say that "I WANT MARLY'S SHOES!!" Actually, I want her entire outfit. She is such a snazzy dresser. So stylish. I love how the quilt blocks match her outfit.


Charlene had lots of cute things to share from the retreat, but good gracious...that woman is as quick as a bunny! Every picture I took came out blurry! She's so darn cute. Love ya sweets!


Lori shared her new jacket. Loooooooove it! Of course, my wardrobe is mainly black, white and gray, so I wanted to steal this too. I think it looks fabulous on her.


She also shared a quilt she made from fabric and blocks that were left on our "grab table." I swear I think that floral fabric was mine. Honestly...it think it was. Her son said, "Oh is that an old fashioned quilt?" We all told her it's not old fashioned, it's "Vintage." That sounds more hip. hee,hee,hee.


Then she shared a quilt she made for the children's charity we support. I love the saying on this. So sweet.


Sandy shared this adorable monkey quilt. The gals did a "Critter block swap" last year. Sandy got all monkeys. Fun!

She also shared a kiddo quilt she made with Minky. Ooooo soooooooooo soft!

Then she shared this kiddo quilt she made with fabrics she purchased from Tuesday Morning. They actually came in a bundle.

Renee had this fun bag. She covered over the boring logo on a bag with this patchwork. I love it as I'm one of those people who brings my own bags to the grocery store. I despise plastic bags. Great job Renee!


Jackie shared this bright and fun kiddo quilt


as well as this embroidered quilt.


Her Grandie Boy likes sharks. Cool!


Last month Peggy shared a few strips of the quilt for her Grandie Daughter who will be graduating high school. This month she shared the completed quilt.


Her back was killing her (mine would too after all those POINTS!) so some of the gals helped her show the quilt.


If you're wondering if the back of the quilt still looked as neat and tidy as last month, here's your answer. I must say I have "Backside Envy." Oh wait...that sounds weird doesn't it?  Hee,hee,hee.


Peggy also shared this quilt called "Rolling Thunder." This was a block swap we did a loooooooooong time ago. My block is on the bottom row with the black and cream. Peggy loves Thimbleberries fabric.


Then she shared this quilt she made from the Critter Block Swap. Cute!


Mary is organizing a nursery rhyme quilt challenge for the local library. This fun piece is her contribution. Can you guess what nursery rhyme it is?


She did a great job of thread sketching and this was her first attempt with piping. Well done!


Bonnie made this jacket at the retreat. Doesn't she look fabulous? When she came home, her husband said, "What else did you do all weekend? This is all you made?" She tried to explain how long it takes to make something like this, but he didn't understand. Well, she wore it out in town while running their errands. Everywhere they went, people stopped her to say, "Oh what a wonderful jacket!" They also went into a local sewing shop and Bonnie was offered a teaching gig! Woo hoo! You go girl! Needless to say, her husband apologized. ;)

Our wonderful President, Vicky, shared this stunning quilt she made at the NC Quilt Symposium with Pepper Corey.


I loooooooooooooove the colors and the pinwheel block is one of my favorites. This quilt is gorgeous! I also want to send out big hugs and prayers for Vicky. I still can't believe she came to lead the meeting that night when the next morning she was having MAJOR HEART SURGERY!! She is doing great and on the mend. Happy bunny dance! We love you Vicky!


Part of my show and tell that night was my friend, Karen Maust. Karen lives in MA and was visiting her daughter here in NC. I was so excited she made a detour on the way home to come spend the night with me! Karen and I are long time blogging friends. She is also a bunny mom to two rescue rabbits as well as a wonderful quilt artist. I wish she lived closer to me. Love ya girlfriend!


Marianne and Mary Kay from guild own a framing shop. My friend Sue Pickwell got this bag for me all the way from the UK. It is really a brand of rabbit food they sell in the store! I love it! I was so excited to have the girls frame it for me. It's like a piece of folk art.


It looks wonderful in Bunnyville hanging near Harrington and Hannah's corner office.


Finally, the first of the four episodes I'm in on Quilting Arts TV airs today in many parts of the country. It is episode 1305. I'm in episodes 1305, 1306, 1309 and 1311.



Check your local PBS station HERE to see if you get it. Unfortunately, my local station is still airing the 1200 series so I will have to wait. Poo!


I must say that it was truly an honor and privilege not only to be on this show with host, Pokey Bolton, but to have also have made the cover of the DVD. Pokey resigned as host of this show after this series.


It was a dream come true for me to meet her and to be on the show. Thank you Pokey for 13 awesome years of inspiration and adventure. You will truly be missed.

Ok...so there ya go. Have a fun start to your week. I'll see ya right back here on Wednesday for Fellowship of the Flowers and our second project!

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies


15 comments:

Christine M said...

Thanks for the show and tell Shell. There are some gorgeous quilts. How special is your framed rabbit food bag.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, love the show and tell - so many pretty things and expanse of talent!

Jeanette said...

Wonderful show & tell. The quilts are all fabulous. Hugs, xx

Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sparklyjools said...

Your group always looks like they are having so much fun. I love the rabbit food ad - brilliant!
So, I reckon the offers will start flooding in now you've broken into TV. 'Quilting with Harrington and Hannah' - that would make a great show; stitching, cute bunnies, fun presenter- what's not to like?:)x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! First of all, you and I both have the same wardrobe: black, white and gray. Sometimes a splash of color in a scarf, but mostly the darker colors! And each of these women is a jewel with fire and passion flickering about! Michelle, you are in your element, and I am so happy for you. We women, when we want something, we go for it. And I so adore that HARRINGTON'S RABBIT FOOD! teeehehhehehehe

You don't know how happy you made me leaving me a comment...love ya, woman - bunny sister!

Heather said...

Wow, lots of fun going on in this post. Love the framed rabbit food bag - so perfect. Wish I could see you in the TV show but sadly my PBS station shows no quilting programs. :(

Jade said...

Lovely quilts! My cousin showed me how to make a tied fleece throw once--I just need to get around to getting some fleece to make one (preferably in a bunny pattern, of course!) I have other projects that must come first, though--and I need to get off my lazy butt and get those going.

Little Miss Titch said...

you are all so talented Shell and to get to see karen too,I so wish I could have been there,xx Rachel

jsews said...

love all the show and tell. . .I want those shoes too!
We still don't have those episodes in Wilmington either.


Createology said...

Whew! This post was a lifetime quilting treasures and fun. Love the framed Harrington bag. I am very sad that I don't get Quilting Arts TV here. Thank you for all the wonderful show and tell dear...

RG said...

Look at all that beautiful work! And the Harrington food!!! (How's Hannah taking it?)

Did any of those quilter types make and bring some delicious snacks?????

Sue said...

Glad you got the bag framed, what does Harrington think?
I won't be able to see you on TV either here in Canada.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

What a fun time you must have all had - so many very talented friends and I enjoyed seeing all the gorgeous quilts and work.
Will have to see if we get the Quilting show here, would be great if I can. Loved seeing the photo of you - the bunny jersey is cute and so are you.
Happy week dear friend
hugs
Carolyn

Karen M said...

What a fun night that was, shell! Your guild was so welcoming, and so much fun to be around, that I couldn't believe the end of the meeting came so fast. It was wonderful to pop over here, and relive the experience. Hugs, and nose bonks!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...