Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fellowship of the Flowers - Week 7

Helloooooooooooooo from the cold and snow in my little world. I can't believe how much snow we have gotten this year. It's bizarre. A friend of mine who has lived in our town her entire life said the last time we had this much snow was 1980!


I must say, seeing these flowers makes me feel warmer and look forward to spring even more. This week, the daisy makes it's second appearance.


There are 5 flowers in the Fellowship. Each will be used 10 times throughout the year. However, they will never look the same or be stitched the same. Not all the flowers will be used in every project. It's all a mystery! :)

Click on the Fellowship of the Flowers tab above to find  information on joining. We would love to have you along for the adventure! Spread the word!


You can also view all the previous flowers for inspiration. You will notice that this daisy doesn't look anything like the last one. However, both will be used in the mystery project at the end of the month.

I also want to say thank you for your kind comments to my Friday post. I truly love my job. I can't imagine doing any thing else. I love to inspire creativity and share my passion with you. I love to share the joy I have in making something with my own hands with you. This comment was from Gai Butler.

"A well thought out, informative and lovely post Michelle. Unfortunately many people seem to feel that if you are not out working at a 'regular job' than your efforts should come free. What they fail to realise is the time, effort, attention to detail, cost, creativity, care and love that you, and designers like you, put into each and every project that you share with us. There is so much value and beauty that we receive in exchange for the relatively small amount of payment that we make to you and other designers – we purchasers are the ones who win in this exchange. We are provided with the means and inspiration to create something beautiful with our own hands, something that we can enjoy well into the future, not to mention being able to make and gift in order to spread the beauty and love. A world without designers such as yourself would be a very dull place indeed Michelle. There are many of us who admire, appreciate and are in awe of your generous spirit and creativity and are grateful that you share all that with us and ask so little in return. Hugs to all in Bunnyville."

Thank you for this lovely comment Gai. It means the world to me.

Hugs and see you back here on Friday. 
xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

21 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely daisy, never thought of doing embroidery on the petals, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Your flower embroidery looks very real. If i think about life in snow i get freezed. Keep going in your work!!

Lesley said...

Your daisy is adorable! Love the detail in the petals!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My husband and I were just saying last night, as we were watching the news, strictly to hear about the weather that's coming for you dear friends in the south. But all the other bad news just got to both of us, and we just looked at each other and said, "THIS IS WHY WE DO OUR ART."

Heartists like you, other souls that put their energy into creating such happiness make life what it's supposed to be: an experience of being human, but more so, the GOOD part of being human. Creating, building, encouraging each other, that's what you do, that's what I want to do.

HAPPY HUGS TO EVERYONE, and please stay SAFE! Anita

Jacqueline said...

Well said Gai.

Melody said...

Well said, Gai

Hilary Florence said...

As you said in one of your blogs, wondering around blog land can lead you to some wonderous places. I'm a quilter with a passion from fmq myself, just hopped over from the quilt rat. Some lovely needle work here.
Another thing about blogs is the weather reports! You have snow, snow, snow. I'm from south England. Were are just drowning in wet, wet, wet.
Hilary Florence

jsews said...

Beautiful flower! I will catch up soon! You are so creative.
Love Gai's comments about artists - so true and we are all so grateful for all you do and for the wonderful places you take us. I am so glad to have met you! Stay warm - you have snow we have ice an hour south of you.

Chris said...

I really love this daisy. Very cool.

Beth in NEPA said...

Gai said it right!!!
I love the daisy this week. So different from the others. I look forward to doing it. I am presently not doing much since a flu bug hit me but since I am mostly staying in bed I can stitch a bit! I have finished the first three but don't think I will get them posted until Friday.
I am loving this Fellowship!

Carrie P. said...

very pretty flower.
it is snowing as I write. It does seem strange that you are getting so much snow. stay warm.

jerilanders said...

The prettiest daisy I've seen all year, I love your stitches. My gosh, the needleworker in the post below is FABULOUS! Utterly unbelievable! Anyway, I got my floss today, Thanks! It is tremendously gorgeous, can't wait to use it.

Fiona said...

Your flowers are amazing... Wise words from Gail.... It is lovely that you are so passionate about your art ... The best way to love your job!
Higz

Createology said...

Delightful Daisy Dear. It looks very different from the other daisy. Oh the mystery of Fellowship of the Flowers...You have my full attention.
Excellent summation from Gai.

RG said...

Stay warm and dry .... pet a bunny.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love this, the colours and design are beautiful

Sparklyjools said...

What a brilliant comment - wish I'd written it!:)
Loving the scrollwork on this version of the daisy - it's so pretty.xxx

Kris said...

Oh, I sooooooooooo agree with Gai!! I could not do what I do without fabulous designers such as yourself !! I have alway,s and I do mean always, said that I am a craftsman and NOT an artist!! It takes very, very special folks in this world to be an artist and I am proud to call you my friend!! Plus, I am LOVIN' the Fellowship of the Flowers series!! Now that I have a real job out in the real world - whaaaaaaaat??? I can start joining wonderful projects like this one!! Thank you for being one of the special folks in my life!! Love ya!! :-))

Shelley said...

Lovely Daisy :0 and Ditto on what Gai said..your work has value and we are lucky to be a part of your creativeness :) Bunny hugs,Shelley

Erica said...

Breathtaking!!

Erica said...

Breathtaking!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...