Thursday, March 26, 2015

You're sewing with a Llama?


You know how much I dream of living in Wilmington, NC right? Well, my good friend, Jean invited me to visit with her and some of the girls from the Wilmington (Cape Fear) Chapter of the American Sewing Guild. They were having their spring retreat. It was a most wonderful day with these fun ladies and I took lots of photos to share with you.

 We even had a special visitor.

Here he is wanting a kiss. More on this fella later. 

So let's hop to some show and tell!

This is Lois with her sea life quilt. Isn't it gorgeous?


All the blocks had lots and lots of raw edge applique. So much detail in each one.

She also made these darling smocked dresses.


Here is Penny with her row quilt. I love the pirate flag on the boat.


She also made this contemporary piece and


was working on this butterfly. So pretty!

Linda is lots of fun and is responsible for our visitor (keep reading). She made this fabulous bag,


this great poncho,


this quilt top with fabric that is old game pieces and


and a bag(s). Jean made one of the bags.


This is my good friend, Jean. She has promised to help me learn to sew some clothes and get over my zipper phobia. ;)



I really want to learn to make a shirt like this. It is Alabama Chanin style. I love it. It's made from jersey knit fabric. So soft.


It will have lots of hand stitching in it, which is right up my alley!

Jean also made this summer night shirt.

Tammi's daughter is in dance and she likes her doll to have a matching dance outfit for the competition. So, Tammi designs and makes the outfits. So fun! I think she made some other things too, but I can't seem to remember.


Ginny made this pretty tree skirt. Woo hoo for getting ahead for Christmas!

Isn't this fabric adorable? It's stitch witches! LOL!


Here Ginny is using it to make a fabric bowl.

Julie is the queen of the scrap quilts. She and some of the other ladies make these quilts for the homeless. I think it's wonderful.

The scraps are from left over bits and pieces that people donate.



I think they are beautiful and give a lot of love and a warm hug where needed.

She also made these scarves for cancer patients. Again, so very kind and generous.

Michelle worked and worked and worked on this gorgeous blouse. It's silk! It even has a zipper on the back. Silk and a zipper!!! Major phobia....here. Great job Michelle! Woo hoo!


This bag and the one below are made from pot holders!

I love the cute little zipper tab on the sides.

Finally, are these checker board quilts. Perfect for a picnic and a game. Perhaps at the beach in Wilmington! :) :) :)

Ok, so now about our little llama visitor. Linda is the one who brought him. He made us laugh and laugh and laugh all day long. I was told he kept them up late last night too. So are you wondering how Linda managed to get a llama in the hotel?

Well...HE ISN'T REAL! He is just an app she got for her iphone. Basically, the llama can photo bomb any picture you want.


Like this one where he his drinking out of Jean's class. hee,hee,hee.

A good time was had by all. Especially this little bunny who wants to move to Wilmington.

Hugs,
Michelle, the Bunnies, Sabrina and the Llama too


16 comments:

Christine M said...

That llama app is too funny, Shell. Lovely show and tell.

Jeanette said...

So funny. Lovely show & tell. Hugs, xx

Lesley said...

You really had me fooled with that llama! Great show and tell. Looks like a fun day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WHOAH! I could have SWORN that llama was real! Good gracious, that was hilarious; I was thinking, "What is Shell up to with a real llama?" teeehehe....thank you for waking me up dearest friend! Have another wildly fun day! XOXOXO

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Actually, I have sewn with a llama...and spun fiber and needle felted! We've lived with llamas for over 25 years now, and our sweetest ever boy, Penzance, just turned 20 last week! Word of warning...never try to kiss a llama whose nose is in the air and ears are back! He's offering you a "kiss" that's green and smelly, and will stain your fabric! This one is probably irritated that his person took a photo of him that shows his chunky inner thighs!

Mayleen said...

What a great group of ladies to sew with! My mind is already thinking of ways I could use that llama app, lol.

Loris said...

Another fun time and great quilt show! I especially like Lois's Sea Life quilt...and of course, the cute llama :-)

RG said...

Fooled too! (Hey! A guy could photo bomb some of those fancy quilts into pictures of him and ... Hee Hee...)

Do you live in a van or something? I thought your profile had you living in Wilmington? But then I thought Wilmington was in Delaware and besides, for us out here, anything across the Cascades is Back East!

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Love the fun time you had....and all the fun things going on....

Starr White said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun! You keep reminding me that I NEED to find a local stitching guild. I know they must be out there somewhere.......

jsews said...

Thanks for joining us for the day and a chance to relive all the fun and laughter through pictures. We did keep the llama going a bit longer, and his name is LLarry now. . .yes, the 2 "L" LLarry the LLama!

You really do need to come to Wilmington, NC more often. . .or for good! See you soon!

Jean

Unknown said...

Michelle, I so enjoyed your retreat vis pictures..And I lovr the llama,always wanted one...as to the pot holders..to,to cute. what are the grommets for, its such a good idea,& easy.. thanks, molly / sewnmom7@yahoo.co,

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh and here's me thinking the llama was real! How funny!

Lovely quilts and needlework, specially Lois' sea quilt....

Erica said...

Wow I definitely thought Llarry was real!!!

Unknown said...

I was just kinda passing through when I stopped to read this post. I am so glad that I did. I would have loved to have been there and met each of these creative ladies. This post was such a joy to me. All the projects are unique and lovely. What a surprise the llama held in store. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the screened in back porch with you, Having a cuppa, and being comforted by all you lovely ladies.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...