Monday, April 21, 2014

Color inspiration and a Sneeky Peeky

Hi ya! Hope you had a wonderful Easter. It was soggy, cloudy and windy in my little part of the world. A perfect day to stay home and design a new Folk Art Fusion piece!


Here's  a little sneeky peeky of my progress so far. I am combining elements from two of my previous stitchery designs.


I will admit I am a bit of an addict when it comes to Pinterest. Talk about hopping down the rabbit hole! hee,hee,hee.


One of my boards is called Color Palate. Here I pin photos of color combinations which intrigue me.


Recently, I have been drawn to the way orange and teal harmonize together. It's so pretty and calming to me.


Needless to say, I was thrilled to find "Perfect Pairings" fat quarters by Kim Diehl. I purchased these from Shabby Fabrics. They will be used in this Folk Art Fusion piece.


I hope to have this pattern ready for you by Summer. I know, I know, but Summer will be here before you know it and it really does take a long time to design, write, not to mention make the piece. Then to photograph it and send all the stuff to the graphic designer. Yep, Summer it will be. :)

So what have you been working on?

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oooo love the basket & the fabrics. Just gorgeous. Hugs, xx.

Erica said...

This is going to be good! I can just see it!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear and wonderful friend! Oh, we finally got the perfect weather day yesterday and here you got rain! But spring finally made an appearance and we took advantage of it. We went for a walk on the lake at sunrise, then I spent time in the garden. I saw Natasha and Boris and a slew of squirrels. It was fabulous.

Your teal ideas are STUNNING! All your designs are like real flowers in the garden. The pop up fresh with new and thrilling ideas. Much love my friend, Anita

Heather said...

Ooh, love the flower basket. I love orange and teal together. My first home was decorated in rust and teal and many years later my son the orated his apartment in orange and aqua. Can't wait to see how your piece uses the colors!

Tina said...

I love your basket!!! And I think the fabrics are perfect together - they are such happy fabrics together that they make me smile.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love baskets and I don't care it they are filled with flowers or chocolate Easter bunnies!!!
hugs, di and miss gracie

Fiona said...

thats going to be lovely...
Hugz

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

Dear Michelle, I unfortunately am working on catching up on folding laundry, but I do want to let you know how much I love your blog and all you do for bunnies. Thank you. May the sun rising on each new day remind you of your beautiful spirit and of the warmth the beautiful lovingness you share brings to our hearts. AJ

Chris said...

Lovely new design start.Those colors do look amazing together. I am looking forward to seeing this finished.
Have a great week!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh...I love your new basket!!!

Diane said...

What a beautiful basket color.

Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

Those colors are all the rage along with aqua. I like what I'm seeing!

Jillayne said...

Love this post - the process, the evolution of a design, that's always of such interest to me. I'm also a fan of Kin Diehl fabrics and have most of her last line - I've been using them in some quilts I am making lately and so love the sparkle of lovely colour they bring.
This will be another gorgeous design Shell!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...