Friday, December 20, 2013

Hoppy Friday!

There is just so much that that has made me smile this week. My heart is filled with joy as Christmas approaches. Here's a look back at the week.


Arthur Court ornaments. I collect Arthur Court bunny things. I love the fact that they support animals and lots of wildlife. Mommy Syl, Captains mom, gave me this ornament.


This one I purchased from eBay. It opens and holds wishes inside. :)


David and I have been together since 1989. We started collecting ornaments then. Every year on our anniversary in September, we get another ornament. This is the one we got this year. Pig Pen making a snowman. We love Charlie Brown's Christmas.


Every year Beth, my best friend of  33 years, and I exchange ornaments. We always laugh that they will hang on our tree in our nursing home room when we are old ladies. Beth made these awesome wool pine cones this year. She also makes her cards.

  
This is one she gave me years ago. When we were little her parents would take us camping and we always had s'mores. This brings back the most wonderful memories.


She also gave me this fella many years ago. He reminds me of the wizard Radagast in the Hobbit movie.


I purchased this handmade ornament at a craft festival last month. The man who makes these is so very nice. I was happy to find something handmade. I think I have a thing about hobbit looking stuff. hee,hee,hee.


This little bunny was extremely spoiled by Di and Miss Gracie. My gracious! They sent so many wonderful things that I love: Pencils to use in my new sketchbook, fun socks, peeps (like my peeps in my yard), a wool bunny ornament, handmade dish cloths. Thank you so very much Di and Miss Gracie!


My friend, Carrie Pippin, is one of the most kind hearted people I have ever met. She made this darling stitchery for me. Isn't the dress adorable with the bunny fabric? Thank you Carrie!

Cards from dear friends around the world came in too.


This handmade card is from our friends, Rachel and Speedy in the UK. Speedy is our bunny friend who had to have his eye removed this summer. He's doing very well and looks super cute in his hat don't you think?


Our wonderful friend Juliet, The Crafty Green Poet, sent us this card and bookmark. Juliet is the queen of re-purposing things, living simply and living life on purpose. She writes the most wonderful poetry.


This card came from darling, Pauline in Australia. I love that it is handmade.


Here's what the back of the card says. Cool huh?


This fun card and ornament came from our fun friend, Fiona in Australia. Have I told you how much I love my Aussie friends and how much I want to visit there one day? I love having this on my tree.


Speaking of trees, the entire middle section of lights burned out on my tree last week. It was quite comical. We took all the decorations off. David reworked all the lights and then redecorated it. All is happy again.


Of course, my tree topper always makes me happy. This is one of my most favorite things. It is handmade and I've had it since the mid 90's. An elf and a bunny. LOVE!


My mom and Oliver sent us this wonderful goody basket! Wine, chocolates, cheese and crackers. Oh boy! Thanks mom!


My fun friend, Sharon Jett, attends estate sales all the time. She finds the most wonderful treasures. She sent me this adorable crochet piece. It kinda looks like a lop bunny, but I think it's actually a puppy. What do you think? This would look wonderful made into a pillow. On the to do list for the new year.


In closing, I want to say that I am most happy that after three years, Captain and Eric are back home this year. That means Christmas Eve dinner at our house. We are having seafood lasagna, salad, wine, rolls and some chocolate cake. There will be laughter, smiles and lots of good times. We will spend Christmas day with them too.


Friends are gifts we give ourselves. I am most grateful for such wonderful gifts.


So what made you happy this week? I would love to hear.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

20 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lots of beautiful ornaments Shell. Love then all but especially the one from Mommy Syl. Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

fun fun fun.... your friday posts make me happy ... I look forward to them each week...
Hugz

Little Miss Titch said...

Seeing this post today has given my the Happy and Play with Speedy all afternoon yesterday,xx Rachel

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful unique collections of ornaments. Love all of them...

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love all of your goodies, and having wonderful times. I am happy to be able to do what I do and enjoy life.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a touching moment to be here with you....those ornaments (the silver ones especially) are STUNNING! Michelle, I love the card you sent me. I have struggled this week to sit down and write cards; I have not a moment to do it, and I wanted to return the kindness to you for sending me HANNAH-BANANA BREAD and Sir Harrington III! teeheheeeheh

Just know that you are a super friend, and I LOVE YA! I also am loving that little stitched jump-roping bunny! And isn't Speedy just divine? I call him Speed Bump, Speed Ticket, Speed-o-meter and his mummy puts up with it with a smile...

Lots of love and FUN with all your friends and family my dear! I'm off on a plane tonight to California! Anita

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a beautiful tree! Love the Arthur Court ornaments, I have a friend that collect all their horse items. The stitching of the Bunny skipping rope, too cute, I will check out the link. Your tree topper, is gorgeous and perfect. Have a Merry Christmas!
xo,
Deb

Sparklyjools said...

What a fantastic treasure trove - lovely to see. I do particularly love your Arthur Court ornaments this is a new name to me so will have to Google it! Christmas Eve dinner sounds fab and I know you guys will have an amazing time! Please lift a glass and toast yourselves on our behalf!xxx

Crafty Green Poet said...

so many beautiful things here, I love the bunny with the skipping rope! So cute.

Also good to see my wee parcel arrived safely and in good time.

paulette said...

Such a nice, heart warming Post!! I really enjoyed seeing your 'treasures'! Thanks for sharing, Michelle!!
P

Loris said...

Such sweet gifts and moments! I was blessed this past week with a wonderful visit with my best friend. 3 whole days of being together and having fun. Makes Christmas time shine!
Merry Christmas!

Sarah Beth said...

Michelle I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. You are so talented. My grandmas name was Hare and so bunnies were collected in our family too. I get many comments on the cute bunny scissor holder you made that I bought. Do you think you will make more? I believe you charged 10 for them. Would you consider making another so I could give one to my dear sister pam for Christmas

Sharon said...

Shell,

It crossed my mind that the crochet piece may be a puppy but then I decided it was a lop bunny because of the tiny little round tail. Sooo, it was off to Bunnyville!

Judy1522 said...

What makes me happy today is my son coming home for the holidays. We are driving to Seattle tonight to pick him up because the only flight today had an 8 hour layover. We decided that was way too long in the middle of the night so we are going to go get him.

sylvia said...

Hey Sweet Shelly!!!! Just thinking of you with much love!!!! I am so blessed to have you and David (and of course, Harrington and Hannah) in my life!!!! You and the Captain must plan another trip to Fayetteville in the near future!!!! Love you, Mommy Syl and Miss Lucy.

RG said...

It snowed. Happy! It won't stay very long. More Happy!

Nancy said...

What wonderful ornaments. I particularly love the first two Arthur Court bunny ones, and the bunny topper, but Pigpen and the S'mores ones are pretty great too. Such a wonderful tree.

Denise :) said...

What fun ornaments!! I love the one that reminds you of Radagast the Brown, especially since this one's birds are cardinals (my favorites)! I also just adore the little bunny stitchery...she reminds me a little of Miffy, my granddaughter's current favorite (in fact, we're doing a Miffy-themed birthday party in January)! Merry Christmas, Michelle!! :)

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas Michelle, David, and the bunnies. I will trade you snow for your 80 degrees weather. You have received so many wonderful treasurers from so many friends. Your crochet piece does look like a puppy, but it reminds me of my mom whose fingers were always busy. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Carrie P. said...

you are blessed!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...