Monday, March 25, 2013

The Raspberry Rabbits limited litter

Hello there! Welcome to Monday and a new week of fun and adventure!

Today we are excited to welcome our dear Corgi friend, Tag. He is here to share a little tale with you.

Hello Raspberry Rabbit friends! Indeed, I am truly delighed to join you today.


Let's see, where shall we begin? Ah yes. How about we start with the friendship of Auntie Shell
and my Mum, Donna of Brynwood Needleworks.


Blogging brought my Mum and Auntie Shell together several years ago. They have been lucky to meet in person and exchange hugs. Auntie Shell thinks my Mum is incredibly talented (I do too) and such a beautiful lady inside and out (I do too).

Over the years my Mum has created many wonderful things, owned her own shop, taught others to create, as well as, spoiled her many friends thoughout blogland with heartfelt creations. Auntie Shell says she is "Spoiled!!!"

Recently, Auntie Shell sat down and tried to think of some new things to offer her Raspberry Rabbits friends. She contacted my Mum and asked her to create some pincushions based on a design she made earlier.

From this, the The Raspberry Rabbits "limited litter" was born. They are a limited litter as this is all there will be for this year. Each rabbit is handmade by my Mum from wool with a crushed walnut base.


On the back, in addition to the adorable fuzzy tail, is a pocket to hold your embroidery scissors.






































Much to the delight of Auntie Shell, my Mum gave each of the rabbits a wonky ear like cousin Harrington.



Even Uncle David was smitten with this litter of woolie wabbits!

Seeing as these are a "limited litter." Auntie Shell is not putting them on her website. Should you desire to adopt one of these woolie Raspberry Rabbits for your own, please email Auntie Shell with your choice. michelle@theraspberryrabbits.com First come, first to adopt.

Each rabbit pincushion is $15 plus $5 traveling expense for friends in the US. International friends, the traveling expense will be $10 as these bunnies like to fly first class.  Your choices are shown below. **The entire litter has been adopted. They are hopping on their way to live with their new families. Thank you all so very much!


Now, I do believe it is time for a little bit of kibble for this chap. Best wishes and happy shopping.

xx,
Tag


Available (2)  Adopted thank you! Houndstooth twins. They are from Scotland.


Available (3)  (2)  Adopted. Thank you! pink plaid sisters from Ireland.


Available, (1) Adopted. Thank you! Expresso bean from Columbia.


Available (1) Adopted. Thank you! Nutmeg from Germany.


Available (2)  Adopted. Thank you! Dark Chocolate brothers from Switzerland.


And lastly, available is (1) Adopted. Thank you! pink plaid lady from Paris.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely post and those bunnies are so cute.xx

Raewyn said...

How nice that Tag can help you out Michelle - the little bunnies are Adorable (yes that was a capital A)!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what cute little bunnies and so practical too!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

A lovely post and the bunnies are just great!

Jeanette said...

Love the cute bunnies. Hugs.xx.

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!!! SO KYOOOOOT!!!! Dangit, why can't I be this creative and come up with ideas like this?

Sparklyjools said...

Brilliant idea, non fattening chocolate bunnies. Tag did a wonderful job too.x

Shirley said...

Aww they are so cute.

Jo Potter said...

Have a Happy Easter, Shell.
Cute bunny idea and useful too!
I have just read your other post about Hannah and Harrington... Great information about how to look after bunnies!
It's lovely to see them looking so healthy and well. ;-)
Best wishes to you all,
Xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am late; I had to take my husband to work but I am here, enjoying every lop-eared bunny....SWOON! I LOVE THE BACK with the little pouch for scissors! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

We had a backyard wild bunny that stayed with us for one summer that ONLY HAD ONE EAR! YES! He was darling, but was born that way.

Oh dear ones, this is a sweet post; I wish I could buy one, but little corgi fellow, you are sweet as can be. LOVE TO ALL! Anita

Barb said...

tooo stinking cute!

marie said...

Are you going to offer the pattern for sale?

Createology said...

I have just emailed you that I must purchase one of the Pink Plaid Ireland Bunnies for a dear friend. Tag was a wonderful guest and sales agent. Anything Donna makes is amazing. Your work always amazes me. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Little Miss Titch said...

I love you bunnies Shell,they are beautiful,xx Rachel and Speedy

Unknown said...

Aww!

Carrie P. said...

they are adorable and sold fast!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Donna did such a great job on these pincushions. They each have their own little personalities....looks like she made need to start on another litter!
Deb

RG said...

Hey, is this the old Bait and Switch caper again? How can those flopeared raggedy odd colored beanbags all be sold for big bucks?

I know, I know - there is going to be a "follow-up" "One time only" Special edition" "limited offer" for your "special" followers who "missed out" on this "chance of a lifetime."

(Bet it will be a dandy!)

Kris said...

Great post and what a fun friendship you have with Donna!! Glad to see everyone found a home!! Thanks, Tag!!!

bunnits said...

Absolutely adorable. How I wish I could have gotten around to the blog earlier in the day and had a chance at adopting one of those cute pincushion buns! And Tag is just the cutest Corgi ever, especially with his spectacles.

jenann said...

Lovely little bunnies, but Hannah and Harrington are still the best!
We have rabbits. For one year we bred them as pets. Just two does and one buck with each doe allowed two litters in that year, but more than half the babies were brought back when they got older. Apparently, 'the kids want a dog instead,' 'it poops and I don't like to clean it up,' 'we can't afford to feed it,' and 'it doesn't learn tricks' are all good reasons for ditching these beautiful creatures!
We stopped breeding and kept all 21 rabbits ourselves. They have been a joy.
Please may I push myself into your blog and ask you to tell folks that bunnies are a commitment, not just an Easter toy. I never realized how callous people can be and thought all ours were going to permanent loving homes, but it seems they were just seen as a temporary distraction for the children.

JudyCinNC said...

Wonderful magic going on over there ... I was out of touch yesterday so I really missed an opportunity !!! So sorry I did not get one of these adorable "little funny bunnies" - I am sure the owners will be elated. So glad you did the Living with Easter Bunnies post ... it is our duty to inform in order to protect these furry beings. Wonderful you at work. Judy C in NC

Jeanne Gwin said...

This makes me sad :(. I just now got the email about these being offered and of course they were all gone by the time I finished reading and long before. It's alright, I'll make one of my own and pretend. :) hoping for sunny skies for a few days.

Jillayne said...

These are so adorable - what a brilliant idea. I do love how Donna cocked the ear like Harrington - he must be awfully proud...
And congratulations on a sell-out; I bet they went fast!

Sherry said...

I wish I was quicker at visiting my blog friends, I love the bunnies and I am happy that they have all gone to new homes, I am sure they will be loved.

Kristy said...

I love these cute bunnies! So sweet and so glad they all got adopted but sad I wasn't here sooner to see about getting one! Very cute- K- So are you employees! :-)

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...