Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Catching Up!

Hi my friends! Well, a week turned into two, turned into three, turned into two months! It's how it is sometimes. I just can't keep up with everything I need to do. As I mentioned before, Facebook and Instagram are where I post because it just takes a few seconds to share something with you. So if you are on those, please follow me under The Raspberry Rabbits.

However, I still do love to keep up with my friends who enjoy reading my blog, so here we go with what has been going on here in Bunnyville.

First, I have to share a gift I received from my dear friend, Becky Bucci. I have long loved and admired the work of local artist Todd Carignan. He paints with oil and I find his work to have a dreamy effect. Becky commissioned him to paint my sweet Hannah bunny. Hannah is my oldest rescue bunny (near 11) and I've had her the longest of any of my bunnies (over 8 years).


I will treasure this painting always. I hung it in my guest bedroom.


Next, thirty years ago on July 1st, I asked David out on a date. Yes, I asked him out. I've always been a strong woman who goes after what she wants. Lucky for me, he said yes. We have been together ever since. I was 21 in this photo and David was 29. Funny how it seems like yesterday. Now, he is bald and I have four different prescriptions in my glasses and can't see crap without them. LOL!


I also received a lovely gift from my Sis-in-Laws, Robin and Lea. They went on a trip to Scotland and brought me back these beautiful handmade buttons. They are made from clay. I want to make something special and artsy with them. Perhaps a textile book???? Hmmmm... it's so fun thinking of ideas.

For the third year in a row, I'm honored to be selected as a teacher at the Houston, International Quilt Festival. One does not automatically get to teach at this festival. Every year, we must reapply. I am among 129 of the finest, most talented teachers in the world. There are over 550 classes available, not to mention lectures, demonstrations, 900 booths to shop in and of course, the display of the most breath taking quilts from all over the world. Every year, the artistry of quilts at this show truly amazes me. Put this show on your "quilting bucket list." Believe me, you won't be disappointed. I hope to see you in a class!


This is what is on my design board. I can't wait to share it with you. They will be new kits available the end of August. They are called, "Ready, Set Stitch" kits. They are designed to get your creativity flowing in a fun project that you can just pick up and take with you. No special skills needed and there will be videos to go along with them. Stay tuned!


Today, July 24, marks 5 years since I rescued Sabrina from my old neighborhood. By Sabrina, aka, Puddy Pants, Miss Meow Meow, Bri Bri is just the sweetest. I always wanted a cat and I'm grateful every day that she came into my life. If you're wondering, she is totally afraid of the bunnies. Henry would love to be her friend, but she runs away. Chicken kitty. LOL!


Hurricane Florence has claimed another tree in our yard. This magnificent beauty had to be cut down. It made me sooooooooo sad! I have had some work done to the yard and will show that in the next post.

I purchased this book and look forward to reading it. I believe everything is connected. Everything is energy.


I'm going to leave you with a little humor.

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle, the bunnies and Sabrina kitty too

12 comments:

Petal49 said...

Oh Michelle, your little house friends are so cute. I had a little smile when I read about Sabrina being afraid of the bunns; my Puddy chases Thumper and wants to play but is too young to know that Thumper is getting on. He seems to enjoy it though and has recovered from the loss of Daisy.
Your painting of Hannah is so beautiful and captures her perfectly.
Congratulations on being picked for Houston again and I will get there one day!

Janet said...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You two look so cute together!

Laura Bullinger said...

Hi Michelle thanks for posting - you were missed! Congrats on the quilt-teaching honor once again. This officially establishes your position, unquestionably; but we already know how talented and skilled you are! The main thing though is that you've always peppered your posts and stories with genuine warmth and huge doses of pure fun and humor! THAT is why we love you! You are truly special!
PS Are you really going to use those buttons? If so, PLEASE keep us posted on that project!
Love and Hugs!

almtsbb said...

Can't believe it has been 5 years since Sabrina came to live with you. Where does the time go?
The picture of Hannah is fantastic. You have such great friends.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOL LOL LOL Those two, playing "Coffee shoppe!"

I adore you.

That painting commissioned by your friend, what a fantastic piece of technically perfect art, beautiful express and the exact likeness of Miss Hannah-banana-bo-bana!!!!!!

I love how you described your life with David. Hey girl, my eyes? I can't even see WITH MY GLASSES and I have the beginning stages of cataracts. But I know you know what I know; we have gusto for life, we go for what we want and we milk the experience for what it's worth. Plus, we love our creatures. 'Nuff said.

RG said...

Good to hear good news from Bunnyville (and kittyville!) and congratulations on another stint in Houston.

Hidden Life of Trees was translated from German by my friend Jane Billinghurst - among other things an accomplished gardener - who lives here in Anacortes.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I hate losing trees too--and here in the yards--there is 3 that are really dead and need to come down like yesterday--and then the tree outside my apartment window is slowing dying and will need to come down in the future!!!
I am surprised that a cat is afraid of bunnies--maybe cause they are big--and not baby ones!!!-
and I love the 'play' time the bunnies are doing--but wow--that is expensive these days for a coffee and muffin--but I know that even a glass of plain iced tea is about $3 now!!!!!
Love the blue flowers and I did really like the brown button one on face book-
keep cool--luv, di

kc said...

I'm so glad when you can spare a few moments (yes, I know it takes a lot more than that!) to write up a blog post. I love all the pictures and events you share and the glimpses into the lives of Bunnyville. Your little flower kits look adorable and I'm sure you'll sell lots of 'em! Congrats on your teaching opportunity again - I know you'll be a big hit!

I love the photo of you and hubs - your light shines through, even then! Hugs to you and all the fur babies!

DIGBY said...

I love reading your blog. Thanks for keeping up with it. Always enjoy seeing pictures of Sabrina, Hannah, and Henry.

Crafty Green Poet said...

What a lovely painting of Hannah! It's funny that Sabrina is scared of the bunnies! Lovely Scottish buttons too!

Createology said...

Love your updates and bless you and David for all these years. Bunnies and Sabrina are so very special to have you share your home and love and tender care with them. Ready, Set, Stitch looks very intriguing. I tend to “save” things forever but I am finally stitching my Wonderland Woods panels. Love each of them and thank you and Jules for your collaboration. Congratulations on Teaching once again at Houston Quilt Market. Awesome August Dear...

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...