Friday, November 7, 2014

Hoppy Friday! A cover and a new Facebook group

Hi ya! Happy Friday and the end to the first week in November. Already!!!

The annual quilt market in Houston was a few weeks ago. I didn't get to attend this year, but my good friend Tay called to tell me I was on the cover! Too darn funny. At least I was there in spirit. :)


Quilt market is a really fun place. It's full of all the new patterns from designers, fabric lines, gadgets and so much more. It's closed to the public and is only open to those in the industry.


It got me thinking about how fun it would be for those who can't attend market, or those who can't afford to have a booth there, to still be able to share their designs and shops. I also thought that it would be sooooo fun to have a place where our treasured customers and friends could share what they made from their favorite designer or share their favorite shop. So, I created a group on Facebook called "Fellowship of Fibers and Threads."

This group is open to anyone who is a fellow lover of textile arts, stitching, embroidery, quilting, art quilting, punch needle, wool applique, rug hooking, bear making etc! 


I am truly blessed to have many close friends who are designers and shop owners. We all love the same things, but we each have our own style, niche and passion. This is a place to allow all of us to bloom whether we are designers, shop owners or friends who just love to make stuff!

 I invite you to HOP over and Join Us!


Well, it's getting late and the bunnies need their banana chip, bedtime, sneaky snack, so I better get going. Who can resist those faces? Have a wonderful weekend and again, be sure to come back Monday for some fun FREE project ideas.

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle the Bunnies and Sabrina too!

7 comments:

Sparklyjools said...

The group is a wonderful idea Shell - I've already met some wonderful talents there - and I know there will be lots more meets, inspiration, fun, and eye candy! Have a happy, happy hoppy Friday and weekend, dear friend.xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Well HELLO YOU TWO! (and more, with Sabrina and the gang!)

What fun dear friend, to have a group right you can go to and feel the passion in person from time to time. To group with others who share the same passion is a true gift. And YAY! You made the cover! How fun is that!

Have a fabulous Friday and big hugs to the furry ones!

Lana said...

Hi Bunnies and Sabrina and Michelle!!!! Hoppy Friday indeed! Can't wait to see what you are doing on MONDAY!!!!
Quilt Market must be fun...everyone that doesn't get to attend laments so on IG!!! Hugs!

Tina said...

What a great idea! I can sure tell you are an artist - you always come up with the best ideas!!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

HI Hannah and Harrington-good to see you again--bet you are glad those kittens are gone and you are first in Momma's life once again????
But then there is that darn Sabrina that is still hanging around!!!
Have a great week end everyone--
love, di and miss gracie

Allie said...

What did we do before the internet, lol - I love your new group Shell!!!

Kris said...

The kids are darling and so are you!! Love the idea about the Facebook group. I need help to join!! Hey, I'm old and Facebook is so, so, . . . .

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...