Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Love is in everything Handmade

There's been a whole lotta Happy Bunny Dancing going on around here. You know how much I loooooooove handmade things. I get so darn excited! Here's some things that have had me dancing lately.


This adorable couple is actually a piece of vintage, German, folk art. What makes it so incredibly special is it was hand painted by the grandmother of my dear friend, Lydia. Many, many, years ago, Lydia's grandmother would hand paint these little wooden figures to earn money for her family. I absolutely adore this piece and will treasure it forever. Love you Lyd and Oma! I'm honored to have a piece of your family history.


Next, I just had to share this pretty wrapping with you. Isn't it fabulous?


Inside was this incredible brooch from my delightful and fun friend, Jo of Lily Pilly in Australia. I do love my Aussie girlfriends. This is made by local artists through Dick and Dora. It's made from acrylic. I love it because I'm a huge fan of silhouettes and paper cutting designs. Thank you so much Jo! I'm going to wear it on my black winter coat.

Speaking of paper cutting. My dear friend, Jeri Landers, of Hopalong Hollow, (her fence is shown in the previous post) is not only a fabulous artist and author, but she is also an incredible paper cutting artist. I have many pieces of Jeri's art in my home, including one of her books. She truly is one of my absolute favorites as her work makes me smile so very big.

Each year I like to purchase something from her as a gift to myself.  We all deserve a gift for ourselves right?


So this year, when I saw her paper gardens, I knew right away I had to have one for my collection!


Bunnies in a bell jar! My very own secret bunny garden!


Bunnies having tea is always so wonderful.

I've saved the tag too as I love the little charm that say's hand made with love. Jeri's work is truly from the heart.


I have a little wooden stand I used for a candle. It's the perfect size for my secret bunny garden. I've placed it on my bookshelf next to one of Jeri's prints. I think it's the perfect spot. Don't you?


Last for today I had to share these wonderfully, charming pieces from my Danish friend, Susanne. She and I have been blogging/email friends for some time. Two years ago, she and her family came to meet me here in Bunnyville! It was so wonderful! Having friends around the world is truly amazing to me. Susanne made this beautiful heart and even knitted a Harrington and Hannah!! Aren't they just adorable! I'm going to keep them safely tucked away until Christmas next year and then hang them all on my tree. Thank you Susanne!

I encourage you to create with your own hands, to purchase handmade items from others and to do the Happy Bunny Dance every single day. Joy is in the heartfelt things we share with each other and give to ourselves.

Love is in everything handmade.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

27 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Well, Shelby Marie...
I don't even have to say it. You already know, right? hee hee

Happy New Year, girlfriend.
xo
Deece

Anna said...

Such a lovely post. Makes me want to get back home so I can start creating!

Fiona said...

handmade is just the best and you got some lovely goodies...
Hugz

Erica said...

Wow..... that paper garden is absolutely awesome!!!! I can see why you had to have it! I love where you have put it as well.

Michelle Ridgway said...

All your gorgeous handmade bunny candy made me do the happy bunny dance. So much to love and treasure. I adored it all. I agree handmade is so special.Thanks for sharing your beautiful gifts.
Hugs xx

Jeanette said...

Love all your gorgeous goodies.Hugs,xx.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Adore all your lovelies, but the paper garden just blows me away - how special!

Sparklyjools said...

Paper garden - A-mazing, love it - but those bunnies dancing, what a treasure, and so 'you'!x

Lesley said...

Your little bunny gifts are all amazing! My favorite is the first wooden couple...too cute! Well, another favorite are those tiny knitted bunnies...actually, they are all adorable and how could I choose favorites! Thanks for a great post!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely selection! I love the German folk dancing bunnies!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful array of bunny bliss. I especially love the Bunny Garden. Thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, the dancing bunnies is just adorable. What a treasure. They would look so right for an Easter table. I have quite a collection of Easter bunnies that I hope to share this year. Love Jeri's print. I have one that she sent me over my coffee bar. I l just love it. Deb

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOVE IS THE THREAD that keeps all thing from falling apart. Oh my dear, that brooch is fabulous! And of course Jeri's work is outstanding. I LOVE EVERY ITEM HERE and bunnies are the perfect motif to generate happiness and sweetness. SO MUCH LOVE TO YOU MY DEARS! Anita

Starr White said...

What an array of gorgeous bunny gifts! They're all beautiful, but I find myself coveting the bunny brooch. It would also be gorgeous pinned onto a tied scarf like a wonderful tie pin. Lucky you!

Yesy said...

Unos trabajos realmente hermosos, los conejitos de madera son divinos, en realidad todo lo que muestras, pero el jardín de papel es un sueño, felicidades, me encanta.

Yesy

Little Miss Titch said...

these are great,you are lucky,love the secret garden,xx Rachel

jerilanders said...

Shell, Love those little German rabbits! The candle stand is perfect for holding the bell jar, and I love the way you have arranged everything, perfect!

Jo in TAS said...

Wow Shell, love that jar! That brooch just spoke 'Shell' to me!

Allie said...

I am just blown away at the creativity in all these pieces - you truly are surrounded by talented friends, Shell!

RG said...

Hey! Wouldn't a little tree frog go good in there? Hmmm?

(I hand made a hat pom pom. Does that count?)

Sure nice looking things there you got!

Melody said...

Such beautiful things. You have exquisite taste.

Wendyb said...

So true Shell.....handmade is FULL of love, otherwise it's just manufactured!!! LOL Adorable bunny garden, and it's so teeny too...I thought it was bigger until I saw the third photo!!! Wow...amazing love in that one!
And such other wonderful gifts!
Adorable!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O) xox

Patty said...

That garden is TINY!

Brenda said...

Love the Bunnies in the Garden, what wonderful work your friend does! Everything is so pretty that you share.

Simply Shelley said...

I found your blog wonderful...I am following you now...so I don't miss a single post :) Blessings

Kris said...

Too, too fabulous!! You are truly blessed!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What beautiful gifts and I love, love the Bunnies in a Bell Jar! When I saw the first photo I was squinting trying to find a bunny!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...