Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Lattes, Puzzles, Friends and Inchies

Hi ya and happy first day of Spring! It's still chilly here, but that's ok because it makes my latte lunch break extra cozy. There is a new coffee roaster cafe that opened up near my neighborhood. I've been a Starbucks snob forever, but.... I will admit, this latte from Casa Blanca is waaaaaaay better!! Oh my gosh! Plus, who doesn't love a little love in their cup? ;)


My sis-n-laws came for a visit last week. They brought this incredible puzzle!


It's made in the USA and is actual cut wood!


I will admit, we were addicted to putting it together. It was a true challenge and so much fun.


This is what the back looks like. Can you see all the other shapes in it like the octopus, starfish, turtle and sailboat? Isn't that cool? I highly recommend this company if you like to do puzzles. We are going to pass them around through David's family and then to our friends. I already have my eye on one to get David for his birthday in May.


I only have one week left of my "Within an Inch of my Life" project. I can't believe it is coming to an end. I've had so much fun!



Here's a few more of my inchies. I did one for the puzzle.


Then I did one for our sick little cottage. Our foundation was falling and we had to spend $10k to have steel peers put under the house. Of course, insurance won't cover it unless it actually falls down and you can't live in it. Don't get me started on that.

The right end of our house was then leveled as that had fallen the most. It was crazy watching the 2" plus gap under the baseboards go away as they lifted the house. I would much rather have spent that money on enclosing our screened porch! Poo!


This next inch was for International Women's Day.



I'm proud to be a strong, independent woman. Me at age 9. Hated dresses then, hate them now.


This is a note my friend, Janet Melanson, left on my Facebook business page.
"On this, International Women's Day..you are a great example of an awesome internet/blog personality..who champions independent design, caring for bunnies and all wildlife, and being an example of one of the best women of our time.. well done you!"

I will admit, she brought me to tears with that note. Sometimes people just don't know how much kind words can mean to someone. That was a huge hug for me that day when I needed it.

From Friday to Tuesday morning, I got to spend time with a new forever friend, Kelly Ashton. Kelly was in town for several quilting classes and lectures including one for my guild. She stayed with us and we immediately clicked. Isn't it funny how that happens? Kelly is a kind, loving and beautiful soul who also happens to be an amazing teacher and quilter. If your guild is looking for a teacher that can give a class on mastering points and "Y" seams, you need to contact Kelly. Her lecture and trunk show is also incredible! You can reach Kelly HERE. Tell her the bunnies and I said Hi!


Speaking of traveling and meeting friends, my passport finally arrived! I'll be going to England in October to see Sallieann and to finally meet Jules in person!! My best friend, Beth, is going on this adventure with me. We're sooooooooo excited!!!


Well, that's it for this week. I'll see you back here next Thursday instead of Wednesday. Have a relaxing weekend!


Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a fabulous puzzle. The back is so cool. How wonderful for you that you are going to England. Look forward to reading about your adventures there. Love to you all. Hugs,xx

Janet said...

Such exciting adventures coming. This year is going to be awesome for you.😊😊😊

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

SHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, your project is coming to an end???? NO! I've enjoyed every single day's imagery and thought, and how cool is that puzzle AND your rendition of the whale. I love how you also added some not-so-fun things such as the sagging cottage reno price! And you are going to ENGLAND????? That is our dream. We hope to go maybe not this summer, but the next.

I love your childhood photo. If I had had a choice, I would NOT have worn dresses as a kid. I wanted to climb, run, fight with boys (yes, I wanted a brother specifically for that task) but my mum made me wear dresses and play with Barbies. I loved dressing them up then creating DRAMAS with them! LOL!

Sending you tight hugs my pal!

Quilting Tangent said...

Very unique puzzle.

Judy1522 said...

That puzzle looks amazing I am going to have to check out the website.How exciting that you are going to England. That is a place I hope to make it to someday.

Createology said...

This is such a lovely post...except for the cottage foundation issues. Yes!...You are an amazing inspiration for women who want and need to be Independent Successful Humans. England will be so special for you dear. I have sew enjoyed your year long inchie project. Happy Birthday very soon Shell. Spring is here...Yay!

Barb said...

I do love your little hexies, just adorable. I need to search out one of these puzzles for my mother, I think she would love it.

RG said...

I did not like to wear dresses either! BL has a puzzle going all the time - they show up on the doorstep quite frequently. I will not tell her about that one - we would soon be in the poor house. (Very nice though!)

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...