Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"Beekeeper Pincushion" Class in Houston

Well hello there! Did you have snow? We did! I still can't believe we had snow here and enough that it just finally melted out of our flower beds today. Now I know all my Northern friends are laughing, but to have snow here is truly a rare event. It was pretty, but I'm glad it's gone. There's a reason I live in the South. Just say'in. ;)

I'm playing a little catch up with today's post. I feel like I've been running non-stop since September and I'm getting ready to go again. Next week, I head to Ann Arbor, Michigan to teach. Inspiring creativity brings me so much joy. It's so much fun to see everyone having a good time while creating their own individualized pincushion.

Here are my students and their work from the Houston Quilt Festival. Gosh did we have lots of fun!































 It was also great to see friends!


Oh, and another show and tell. My student and friend, Janet Gorski, was inspired to create this beautiful candle mat from the "Beekeeper Pincushion." I think she did a fantastic job, don't you?




The "Beekeeper Pincushion" e-pattern is sold in my SHOP and includes the flower shown.



If you are interested, or know anyone interested in a Play Date with the Crazy Bunny Lady, they can find more information HERE. The class gets four additional flowers to design with. Those are exclusive for class participants. I'm booked through 2018, but accepting dates for 2019.

Hugs and see ya next week!
Michelle and the Bunnies

9 comments:

Petal49 said...

It's so lovely to see all the different design takes on your pattern. I so love the little spider and its web on one of them. Hopefully I will be able to take a class with you one day.

Createology said...

Love seeing all the happy smiling faces and the myriad of flower combinations they are stitching. Congratulations on being booked for all of 2018! <3

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of lovely pieces and with all the smiling faces, it says they enjoyed! Congrats on a full book for the new year.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Shell! YIPPPPPEEEEE! I can feel your joy. Whenever we're doing anything that we love and when we get to SHARE it, then it evolves into more and more possibilities and avenues to explore. How fun it must have been for these ladies to be under your tutelage and to discover their inner flower child! Awesome designs, always so clean, precise and wonderful. And talk about snow...we're getting it right now and I have to trudge through it to work! AH!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love all those happy ladies and their creativity with the patterns you gave them--sure looked like a fun time!!!
I had a surprise the other day here in Florida--turned the cold water faucet on and actually had 'cold' water come out of it (it usually warm water that we get--not nice cold water!!)
Hugs, di

RG said...

Nice to see all the guys taking part .. :)

As an alumnus of Michigan State University, when you are in Ann Arbor let me warn you not to slip up and refer to THEIR school as Michigan State. Other than that, it is a fine place!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

They all turned out so beautiful!

Barb said...

What fun and what a wonderful design...we might get snow in Texas tonight...brrrr

almtsbb said...

They are all so beautiful and unique. I especially liked the one with the spider and web.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...