Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Return from the Houston Quilt Festival

Hellooooooooooo! Boy oh boy do I feel like I have been caught up in a tornado! The last week and a half just flew by! The thought of Thanksgiving arriving in a few short weeks just blows my mind away. If it wasn't for Daylight Savings Time, I would still think it was September. Do you ever feel like you are living in a blur? It's the old age thing isn't it? hee,hee,hee.

Well, my first teaching adventure in Houston was, let me see....AMAZING!!  I had the BEST time and had so much FUN!! The smile didn't come off my face from the moment I got there to the moment I left.

One of the highlights and most memorable things was being able to share this experience with my dear friend from the UK, Sallieann Harrison. I taught Sallieann to quilt back in 2000. She has gone on to be a bright star and teaches quilting in the UK. She has even come up with her own method of using the Valdani size 12 perle cotton to machine applique! I'm so very proud of her and it brought me so much joy to have her help me in my class. She was also a good sport about wearing bunny ears. ;)



Here we are at the photo "op" in the festival. My bunny bag was made especially for me by my Fashionista friend, Jean Werling. I loooooooove it!


My class was sooooooooooo much fun and I adored all my students and the beautiful creations they made. I will be sharing photos of them soon, but first I thought I would start off by showing you some of the quilts. I was blown away again by the amazing talent at this show.

So lets get hoppin shall we? Oh, and just like every year, there will be a photo of the quilt and then the information about who created it. I find reading the stories and the inspiration behind each piece to be fascinating. Also, I believe in giving credit to the creators.















I hope you enjoyed this little tour. Much more to come! Do you have a favorite?

Hugs,
Michelle and the Bunnies

6 comments:

Judy1522 said...

They are all so beautiful it is hard to pick just one favorite. I am just amazed at the quilting on Whirlygig and Rose Mandala so I guess I have two favorites.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

SHELL! Hello bunny woman! Oh, what a joy to see you back, home safe and sound! So it went well, huh? It's always a good feeling to know that a lesson went well. My favorite? That white one. The textures and moods that white can bring, and at the hands of an expert who can bring out the shades of white. LOVELY!

Barb said...

I did enjoy your post, what amazing talent in this world of quilting...

RG said...

The bunny ears.

Createology said...

So happy you had such a wonderful time teaching and enjoying the festivities and friends. I must say...Whirlygig took my breath away. <3

Sparklyjools said...

I'm so proud of my wonderful girls! Love you!xxx

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...