Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Gifts from Jules and an Invitation

I want to start off this week by thanking you for all your kind words and support regarding my post last week. I was truly overwhelmed and your words were giant hugs to me. Thank you so very much for understanding and even more for encouraging me to continue down this rabbit hole. Your friendship is truly a gift I treasure.

Speaking of gifts, I received a surprise "parcel" as my European friends say, in the mail today. Doesn't parcel sound so much nicer than package? ;)

Jules sent me the most wonderful treats all of which are handmade or vintage! First is this beautiful rabbit pin, which was made by Jules' friend, Valerie Greeley. Isn't it wonderful? I love all the colors and details.


Next is this beautiful bookmark made by Jules. Perfect timing for a new book I just purchased by Neil Gaiman called "Norse Mythology."


As you know from our Briarside Lane adventure, as well as, the many original pieces Jules has gifted me, that I adore her work. I love how she painted on this linen and then added embroidery details. It makes my heart go pitter pat! :)


Next, she sent me this gorgeous card made by Karen Davies of Mustard Cuts. Jules knows that I have a HUGE love of papercut art. It is how most of my designs start out. This is so beautiful!


Of course, who can resist some ric rac and green beads? Not me! I also love that the beads are in a little glass container instead of plastic. So sweet and special!


The last gift, in the parcel of pressies, is this ivy leaf pendant, which is hand painted leather. It is such a thrill for me to receive this.


You see, I am a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE stalker fan of Jinny and Chris of Skyraven Wolf. These two incredible artists live on a Narrowboat in England. Remember the narrowboat block from our Briarside Lane adventure? Yep, they live on one of these!


Anyway, I learned that they aren't very far from Jules and there was going to be Summer market. Well, Jules and my dear Sallieann went to the market and met them! Was I totally jealous? That would be a big giant YES!!! lol! This is Sallieann and Chris!



This is the sign on their boat, which Jules told me they are still trying to finish painting. The old shoemaker and shoes story.



Well, like I said, I LOVE their work so very much. I am actually on a waiting list to get on the waiting list to get this handbag. Yep, you read that right, a waiting list to get on the waiting list! Patience is a virtue.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!



Thank you Jules for all my pressies!!! I love them all so very much and love you even more!

Finally today, Jules and I would like to invite you to join our Facebook Group called "Fellowship of Fibers and Threads." There has been so much bad news, hatred and awful things going on in the world and frankly, Jules and I wanted to create a peaceful place where we could go and spend time with creative friends.

We are so inspired by all the incredible talent out there and felt we wanted a group that was inclusive of things encompassing all Fibers and Threads. So if you stitch, quilt, work in paper, embroider, crochet, knit, make dolls, etc. we invite you join our group and share. Designers, teachers and Shop Owners are also encouraged to share as who doesn't want to know about a fun place to shop? Here's the link to our group. We hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/613117075463739/?ref=bookmarks

Love and hugs to you. I'll see you back here next week.
Michelle


11 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

Beautiful gifts Michelle,I can see them inspiring some future projects,xx Rachel

Little Miss Titch said...

I all most forgot to say all the was missing from the card was a hedgehog,lovely,xx Rachel

Sparklyjools said...

Making you happy makes me happy! xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OHHH GOSH!!!!!!!!!! What a treasure you got!

The bunny pin. SWOON! I love his profile against the summer sky.
The sunflower pin. HELLO? MAGIC! Paint then stitching? Genius.
THAT HANDBAG. I WANT.
Your work. Priceless.

OK, art can never die. We can't let it. March on my friends, keep making your heart's desire our ART'S DESIRE!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

P.S. we have had this darling rabbit visit us EVERY DAY, outside of our kitchen window. We watched "her" grow from a baby to a full grown (and quite husky) rabbit. She comes like clockwork at dinner time. She is beautiful, and Ruben named her "Summer."

Barb said...

What fun gifts and friendship...love the bag.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh wow--I can see why you would want to be a waiting list to be on a waiting list for that purse--Beautiful--and soooo you!!!
and what lovely pressies--she is a true friend--enjoy them all--
enjoy the moments, di

Petal49 said...

Wow Michelle; what beautiful gifts. The leather handbag is to die for!

Createology said...

Jules knows you so well and each pressie in her parcel is truly amazing. Treasures from your treasured friend Sweet Shell. A waiting list for "the" waiting list...Wow! I shall hope you make it all the way to owning ths Bunny Bag which is so beautifully hand crafted. Keep Shining Light on our World Dear...<3

Jeanette said...

Beautiful gifts. I love the handbag. Hugs, xx

RG said...

Small Bunny world -

You may, or may not, know that Neil Gaiman is a sort of neighbor and close friend with BirdChick Sharon Stiteler of Disapproving Rabbits fame in Minnesota. They are very accomplished bee keepers and Honey makers!

Would be a grand adventure to boat along some of those rivers in Europe!!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...