Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Creative People

Happy Wednesday!

Thank you for all your kind notes and messages about me teaching in Houston. I'm really excited that I will get to meet so many of you in person. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

My mind has been busy working on samples for a new class I will be offering in 2018. I'm almost done and will share more about that next Wednesday.

Today, I wanted to share some creative people. I love to listen to podcasts and things on YouTube while I'm stitching. It's a fun adventure to learn about fascinating people all over the world.

The first is textile designer and artist Karen Nicole. She specializes in embroidery and has worked hand in hand with many fashion designers to create incredible embellishments for garments.



The second is Elizabeth Eakins. She raises sheep and is a weaver. Her work (rugs and fabric) is found in the interior design world. Everything is simple, clean, serene and gorgeous!

I would LURVE to have sheep, but I don't think my neighborhood home owner association would go for it. hee,hee,hee. Elizabeth's farm is wonderful.



Enjoy these and I'll see you back here next week!

Hugs and friends,
Michelle

4 comments:

almtsbb said...

Maybe you could convince the home owners association that they were Old English SHEEP dogs. :)

Createology said...

I am happy to let these experts do what they do. They are all amazing. Enjoy your Blissful Bunny self dear....<3

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Wow. Shell, there are so many wonderful arts, and I wish I could hear all the journeys of each type of artist. I was especially fascinated with the sheep farmer's life, living with those beautiful animals. Her philosophy of life weaves right into her art, her work. It made me think about what I do during the school year and what I do during the summer months. We have to have a mission, a philosophy for what we do. What I'm learning however, is at this stage of my own life, I'm having to learn how to enjoy what I do, mistakes and all, to do it for myself. These artists are at a different level than myself. They earn a living doing what they love, and it seems to me that it takes years and constant reflection about what you do, and why you do it.

This embroiderer is equally as fascinating. That water droplet effect is BRILLIANT!

RG said...

I have known about 4 different people with sheep. Some just a very few, others with several. They all wind up with huge piles of wool on their porches!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...