Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Inspired by a Paper Cutter

Hellooooooooooooo! I must say that I have been LOVING the weather this week. It has been in the 60's and 70's. Now that's my kind of January and winter for sure! hee,hee,hee.

If you have been following my blog for a while, you know I'm inspired by many things like music, animals and nature, not to mention, other artists. I think every creative person is inspired by many things and people.

Today, I want to share an incredible artist who truly inspires me. Her name is Karen Bit Vejle. She is from Denmark, but lives in Norway. Her paper cuttings are incredible and I love the stories they tell. They inspire me when I work as many of my designs start out as a paper cutting. In fact, I will have a new design coming soon that was indeed a paper cutting.

So take a little hop into Karen's (Bit as she is called) world. There are two video's I think you will really enjoy.

Bit in action from Karen Bit Vejle on Vimeo.


Hugs and see you back here next week!

Michelle and the Bunnies

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Amazing - thank you for sharing

Janet said...

Wonderful 😊

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ahhh, the magic of paper and of the hands that know what to do with it! AMAZING! And, enjoy that January thaw!

fernandez said...

sra. michelle reciba mis mejores deseos para este nuevo año que recien comienza junto a su familia. mil gracias por compartir tan valiosa experiencia, no conocia esta tecnica. verdaderamente arte
reciba micariño en cristo jesus
carmen

Sandi said...

Wonderful works, I think you might enjoy another paper cutter I follow on Instagram @mr_riu he also has a blog http://blog.livedoor.jp/riu27/ which is in Japanese. On his Instagram he shares shirt videos and uses x-acto knives for his cutting. Hole you enjoy seeing his way of oaoer cutting,

Sherri said...

I have always loved papercutting!! I used to do some smaller pieces and frame them when my children were younger. Thank you for sharing those videos. Just amazing!!

Judy1522 said...

Thank you for sharing these videos. Her paper cuttings are amazing.

Mary Jo H said...

Thank you! I've never seen anything like it! You are expanding my universe!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Oh isn't this magical? I love to see how artist use their imaginations to create such extraordinary works of art. I follow several paper cutters on line but nothing like this woman! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Happy Creating Michelle

Createology said...

She is such an amazing artist and she speaks volumes with her paper art. I am enchanted!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...