Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Next Rabbit Hole


The winds of change are coming. I have felt it for some time now. My life changed a lot since I moved here a year ago. I've decided it's time to hop down another rabbit hole and have a new adventure. Oh how I love a new adventure!

I've been toying around with things for about three months now. Playing with ideas in my head, doodling snippets here and there and just letting myself be inspired by different things. It's been fun and rather freeing. I decided I wanted to design things that would match my own decor. The calm, clean and serene style that I have always felt so at home with. It's not too simple and not to fancy, but somewhere perfectly in between.

My new designs and classes for 2017 will be featuring hand dyed 100% felted wool from my friend Julie of Auntie Ju's Quilt Shoppe. This wool will be in lieu of the blended wool/rayon felt that I have used for the past four years. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm really excited to be working with a local friend. Her wool is simply scrumptious! The color palette won't be bright nor pastel, but rather a warm hug in the middle.

Here's a preview of one of my first designs. I needed new stockings for my new house. This is one of two designs. The patterns and kits will be available at the end of July so stay tuned! :)


In closing today, I wanted to share this photo. I had a super fun visit from my dear friends in New Bern. Renee, Gerri and Linda came to play in Wilmington. Of course I had to take them to the quilt shops! :) It was so great to see them. Love y'all! I also had a visit last week from Steve and Val, the folks who bought my house in New Bern. I didn't get a photo though. Dag...anyway, it was great to see them as well. They are so sweet!



Well, I gotta get hopping on for this evening. As usual, the days seem to get away from me.

Have a super fun 4th. We will be celebrating one year in Wilmington! Woo hoo!!!

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle


14 comments:

DIGBY said...

Good luck in your new decorating path! I'm sure you will be as successful as you have been with your previous one. It doesn't seem like it can already be a year since you moved. You probably feel the same way. Have loved the pictures of your new home! Cynthia and Digby

Sherry said...

Your new design is very pretty. Your new direction in design sounds great. The years seem to pass so quickly.

Jillayne said...

Good for you Shell! I'm excited for your new {ad}venture, and hope it's a blast... I know you'll be doing amazing things, especially as you're working in the latest evolution of your own signature style. Love the sound of the wool, and also the palette - can't wait to see more!

Erica said...

Oh yes! I LOVE this. Fresh and minty comes to mind! Good luck xxx

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love the new stocking design--great work--and I love to work with real wool over the blends--so am happy you are jumping down that rabbit hole--
Happy 4th to you and it is hard to believe that you moved a whole year ago,now--where has the time gone--
love and laughter, di

Melody said...

Gee that year has gone quickly. Love your decorating style so I'm sure the new designs will be delightful. Love the stocking.

Jeanette said...

My goodness a year already. That time went so quick. Love the stocking. Can't wait to get the pattern. Hugs,xx

Donna Keating said...

Love your stocking. Very very classy! Looking forward to seeing your new designs.

Donna Keating said...

Love your stocking. Very very classy! Looking forward to seeing your new designs.

Donna Keating said...

Love your stocking. Very very classy! Looking forward to seeing your new designs.

Lesley said...

Your stocking I beautiful and I love your decision to use the wool in the future! Lots of smiles on those faces!

RG said...

No coal in that sock!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest bunny pal,

I am glad to hear you are allowing the changes in your life to direct you back HOME to yourself. As an aspiring poet and photography enthusiast, I have to keep learning that after all the experimentation is said and done, I really want to keep things REAL and do what I LOVE.

Wishes for fun and excitement as you venture down that new rabbit hole. Ya never know who or what you're gonna meet! LOVE AND HUGS!

Createology said...

New ventures are very exciting and your new simple designs using wool sound perfectly wonderful. Happy One Year Anniversary. Safe and Fun Fourth of July Dear...

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...