Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My new office

Hi there! How are you? Sorry I missed you last Wednesday. Basically, I was getting ready for a teaching and speaking gig in Elizabeth City, NC and at the same time, I got a new computer! I must say that I truly have to recommend Geek Squad protection. If you remember from my earlier post, my hard drive crashed and my computer went to the hospital. Well, they had it for 14 days and couldn't get the part needed. Sooooooooooo, I got a call from Geek Squad and they said I could come in and pick out a new, yes NEW computer for the same value as my other one!!! How darn wonderful is that? So I hopped over and got a brand new computer and two years of Geek Squad protection for only $49, which was tax etc. My old computer was four years old, so this was a true blessing not to have to spend $1200 on a new one. Yay!!!

I had a great time teaching and giving a chat in Elizabeth City. I will share more on that with you next week. This week, I would like to share my new office as it is finally completed.

My office is located at the front of the house. When you come in the front door, you see the French doors to the right. You can also see Hannah in her lounge area. She is now my new Office Manager. I love having her in here with me and visitors like to stop in and say hello to her.


I changed out the builder "Boob Light" for this gorgeous light. I also have a major obsession with clocks and time, so I hung my big clock in here. One of my most favorite things about this house is all the light that comes in. I love bright houses drenched in sunlight. It makes me feel alive and happy. Those two cute windows on either side of the clock let the light pour in.



My entire desk system is new. I got it from Pottery Barn and I loooooooove it! You know I'm an organizational, crazy woman and this desk set keeps everything in its place.


The vase was hand blown by my dear friend and fellow bunny mom, Patricia Rubinelli. Patricia is also an amazing photographer. The bunny on the right is named Egypt as David says he looks like a Sphinx from the pyramids. hee,hee,hee. 


I put plantation shutters in this room too. I have a great view of the houses across the street. We just got new neighbors and I am looking forward to meeting them.


This gorgeous piece is very precious to me. Valerie Russell, the lady who bought my house in New Bern, gifted this to me. This is her original painting of "Sir Henry in the Garden." I had it re-framed to match my new house. The frame looks black here, but it is actually an espresso color like a coffee bean. The mat is a linen and I had them use gallery glass to protect the art. Valerie and I have a very special connection with my house and with bunnies. This is a piece of art I will treasure forever. Thanks so much Val!


Finally, Hannah bunny is enjoying being the center of attention in the office. That is actually wood looking vinyl floor under her. She had it when we were in the shed as she loves to eat the carpet (not good for bunnies at all!). I put it on top of the wood floor here as it is more comfortable on her old bones and I wanted her to have something familiar. She has done so very well through losing Harrington and two moves. She is such a precious girl and I'm blessed every day to have her in my life.


"What do you mean I have to file the paperwork. I was getting ready to take my break. Geesh...


Light love and hugs to you! See you next week.
Michelle and Hannah bunny too.


14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a nice clean and well lit space to create in. I am so happy the Hannah has made it thru so many adjustments in her life and taking her new executive duties seriously.

RG said...

Chew on it awhile, Hannah!

OK - nice office. Everything in it's pace. Nothing forgotten, NO MORE EXCUSES! GET TO WORK!!!!


(Actually take a nice break - a huge accomplishment there!)

WoolenSails said...

The room looks wonderful and always nice to have our own space to work and create in.

Debbie

Scout and Sage said...

Paperwork is for nibbling and shredding, not for filing! Your humom is silly, Hannah!

It all looks very gorgeous! I particularly love that clock!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeeheheee....I think this veteran office manager may be thinking like I have lately: RETIREMENT! teeeheheheeee

HI SHELL! Great office space! I hope all is well? Everything looks great and it's awesome to see you post! Much love to you and Miss H.B. OFFICE MANAGER!

Natascha said...

How did she do moving around on the vinyl floor? I'm thinking of putting that in my bunny room with some area rugs on top of it. My big buns slip around and don't like floors that are not carpeted. So Im debating!

Jeanette said...

Love your office. Lovely to see you Hannah. Hugs,xx

Binka said...

Hi Michelle, I really like "Sir Henry" and the delicate colors in the painting. As a former art framer, I'd like to suggest less of a stark contrast in the surrounding mat & frame. Maybe try a soft cream blush for the larger mat and cut it down a bit in width, and use a pale wood strip in place of the inner mat, one with a brush of silvery pewter to complement the foliage in the print. The frame could use a more ornate carving around the outside edges, such as small scale scallops or tiny wood dots, in a light grey wash over grained wood.
It would still match the room, but the painting would be enhanced.

Createology said...

Your office is perfection and I too love your personal touches. Hannah will keep you on track dear. Your new home is full of light and love...Home Sweet Home!

almtsbb said...

Love your office. I was a little worried when you didn't have space for Hannah in you quilting studio. But this is a great location for her space.

tink's mom said...

So nice to see that life is back on track. Your office is so bright and cheerful. A wonderful place begging for you to be creative again. Glad to see that you have been able to find dependable office help even if it comes a bit of attitude. Hugs to you all.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Well there she is....MISS MANAGER! Miss Hannah-Banana, how is spring treating you? Give mum a big hug for me, and tell her MERCI for coming to share my spring pink love!

Anonymous said...

Not looking like you to not post...is everything ok?

Nicholas Taylor said...

Good for you. I am glad that you have a new computer and a new office. Geek Squad protection is important, especially when your business relies so heavily on your computer. Putting the office at the front of the house is a good idea. It is more convenient to receive visitors there. The two windows will provide the light you need.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...