Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Once a Week on Wednesday - New Beginnings

Well, did you think I got lost or ran away to Wilmington? hee,hee,hee. Truth is, I just needed a break to regroup, gather my thoughts and ponder some things about the future. I have so many irons in the fire right now and it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. There also comes a point when one has to just take a step back and look at what is working and not working in her life and get ready for a new adventure.

(My home the other evening. It's on the market now if you know anybunny moving to New Bern, NC.)

That being said, I realized blogging is one of those things that needed to change. I have been blogging since 2007 and while I enjoy sharing my life with you here, I find more people now connect with me on Facebook and Instagram. It's easy for me to share a quick photo of what I'm working on or what Sabrina and the bunnies are up to. Plus, everyone is so busy and most don't have the time to write comments anymore. If you want, you can "Like" my Facebook page and follow along with me there.


However, I still enjoy the intimate friendships I have here and basically the diary of my life being captured. So, I have decided to blog just once a week on Wednesdays. My posts will be about new Folk Art Fusion designs, what the bunnies and Sabrina are doing, my move and new adventures in Wilmington and whatever else I find fascinating in the world that I want to share with you. Bliss will be my guide.


 (Do cats always want to sit on the clean laundry when you are folding it?)


Another thing I have taken the time to ponder is the direction of my business. Next month will be three years since I took the hop of faith and started this journey. I have learned a whole lot along the way with only myself to rely on. Which sometimes means learning things the hard way. All in all things are really wonderful and I'm grateful I have learned from my mistakes and am stronger for them.



While working on this this new Folk Art Fusion piece - "Love Grows," I was reminded of the path I started in my book, Fabled Fusions. Somehow I got sidetracked and sucked into stitchery projects and a few other things again. How did I allow that to happen? I guess it always boils down to worrying about money and letting others influence my decisions.

So, this brings me to the "Blessings of the Month" and the complete kits. I started the year off thinking I would do six of them, but frankly, I'm uninspired and burned out to complete the last two. I've decided to just move on from here and get back to what I love best, which is my Folk Art Fusion and teaching. "Love Grows"  will be a new class, a kit and a pdf pattern. I should have it ready sometime next week. The kits will contain the National Nonwovens wool felt, the thread, needle, background fabric and fusible. You will supply the other fabrics. Also, I will not be including paper patterns anymore. A PDF pattern will be emailed to you upon purchase of a kit. Of course you can also buy the PDF pattern alone from my Craftsy shop. I know some of you are probably pouting about the PDF pattern instead of the paper, but bottom line, I can no longer afford to continue losing money and printing those patterns is ridiculously expensive. Not to mention the amount of space it takes to store all that paper and the problems I continually have getting them printed. It's just not worth it.  It's all about focusing and simplifying my life. Sometimes we just have to take care of ourselves first. 

Thank you if you have stayed with me through this long post and thank you if you have been following me all these years. What a journey we have had together and what fun adventures we have to come. I'll see you next Wednesday.


Light, Love and Hugs,
Michelle and the fuzzy ones

34 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

I know what you mean about being busy Michelle,I am going in a new direction with my Painting,so that is keeping me Busy,and trying to keep up with the Blogging as well,hard to do.your new folk fusion looks lovely,look foward to seeing more

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I will miss you as I don't do the other medias. Wedsnesdays will be my high point as I understand the need for simplify.

Christine M said...

I'll look forward to catching up with you on Wednesdays! Good luck with the sale of the house. xxx

Janet said...

Well said......:)

Janet said...

Well said......:)

KaHolly said...

I'm glad you will post at least once a week. I don't do FB or Instagram, so I would miss you.

Jeanette said...

You need to do what makes you happy Shell. Look forward to your posts Wednesday. Hope the house sells soon for you. Hugs,xx

Lana said...

Michelle, I do agree...you must now move forward with a new plan, new ideas and do what YOU do best...I am so excited for you to move and to find new inspirations...I can see you really flourishing in your new home!!!
You will remain on my blog roll...and I will definitely see you here Wednesdays and on IG the rest of the time!!! Love you all!

Fiona said...

I think it's good to take breaks and gather thoughts.... I am glad you are not leaving blogging altogether as I do love the chatty side of it. Only 3 years.. it has been amazing seeing how your work has just blossomed... I love what you do...
Hugz

Jacqueline said...

Change is good

JuliaP said...

While I'm sorry that you wouldn't finish the Blessings program I do look forward to your new program. Also glad that you'll blog on a weekly basis since I don't do FB or IG. Best of luck in your new adventures!!!

Createology said...

I admire you for stepping back and re-assessing your time and activities. Wednesday will be a mid-week lift to read your blog posts. May you and Sabrina and Bunnyville find the Balance and Happiness you so deserve dear.

Loris said...

So good to read you are figuring out what will be best for you. I just found you on IG so will enjoy seeing more pics of your work and sweet critters. I think once a week blogging is a great idea.

RG said...

Good to take stock and clean house now and then! Better sooner than later. Onward and upward!

There - that enough reinforcement?

Sharon Decker said...

Hope all works out well for you, your husband, your bunnies, Sabrina, and your business, and your move. I check Facebook rarely and do not do any other social media. I will miss your messages in my email mailbox. I especially loved the Friday visit from the bunnies. Looking forward to your Wednesday emails.

Unknown said...

Taking care of self is THE most important thing, you are then more able to enjoy the things you do and the many and varied relationships you have. So pleased that you are doing what is right for you. On a selfish note, I'm glad you will still blog once a week as I do love to read what you and your cuddly family are up to. I wish you well with the changes that you are making and with your exciting move and am sure there will be many exciting and wonderful things in your future.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I was wondering where you were, but since I took the plunge to stop this year, I had a feeling you too were seeing the trend AWAY from blogging. It sure was fun my friend. I am still commenting on my favorite blogs, but I think scaling back and not quitting completely gives us all a chance to think and redesign. I will miss you so much if you ever leave, but this is life, even in cyberspace.

Big love to you and the bunsters! Anita

Lesley UK said...

Hi there, I must admit I don't 'like' Facebook, but I do love your blog, so I'm glad you are not stopping it completely. Good luck with adjusting your life to suit you. It must be very exciting as well as a bit scary. Blessings

PBee said...

So proud of you for not only listening to your heart, but being obedient to what you hear. Looking forward to Wednesdays and will follow you on Instagram. You inspire me!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

While Facebook IS easier to manage, I too enjoy the more intimate sharing that blogs allow. I'm glad you will still be posting once a week. Pets to the Bunnies!

Carmen said...

I will look forward to your weekly posts, and am glad that at least it will be weekly, since I don't do facebook or any other "social media". I really enjoy your blog. You have a beautiful home and I wish you luck in all your endeavors.

tink's mom said...

You are so right. You need to mind you first. Your life going forward sounds like a wonderful adventure. Stay happy.

Anna said...

It sounds like this is your time to recreate your life! I love that fact that we can continue to evolve. Years ago I also self published patterns but learned quickly the cost, time and stress...that was pre PDF :) I am glad you are realizing where the joy comes for you and that you will continue forward. I am glad you will still do a weekly blog post as in my own re-evaluation I dropped Facebook, lol. I look forward to your new house and bunny adventure!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

There you are--was about ready to send the 'posse' out to find you!!!
I, too, do not do facebook or twitter--just my blogsites sooooo am so glad to know that you will at least do a post once a week--thank you!!!
did you hear that I am going to fly to FL to see my kids on May 4th for a week???
give all those fur babies hugs for me--Smiles and love, diandmissgracie

Jessica said...

I come here for your sweet bunnies (and now Sabrina too!) But I'm also excited about your move! I have never been to Wilmington, but I know it is amazing. Can't wait for you to share some of your new adventures!

Jessica
(added you on FB)

Kris said...

Well, I just got on FB a couple of weeks ago. Something I said I would never do - I should know by now, "never say never!!" So, I liked your page and hope to stay up to date with you there!! I am so excited about your move and the new direction your life is taking!! I am so proud of you!! Lots of love and prayers!!

Erica said...

Go for it!!! See you on Wednesday!

Sparklyjools said...

Love you loads! Speak very soon.xxx

Judy1522 said...

Once a week is fine with me. I know what you mean about being busy and I have gotten so far behind on reading blogs lately. I am not on facebook or instagram (my choice) so won't see you there but am so glad you will be posting here once a week as yours is one of my favorite blogs to read. You have to do what is best for you and your business and your life. I can always go to your online store to see what new things you have. I don't mind pdf patterns at all especially because I get them much faster. Take care and I hope houses are selling as fast there as they are here. Our neighbors just sold their house on the 2nd day of listing above the asking price. I really hope that happens for you.

Jillayne said...

Oh yay - good for you Shell!!! Grab your life with both hands...
I'm so glad for you, that you are taking this step. It's so easy when one is as talented as you, to get drawn into the pull and pressure of what others want you to create. I'm glad you are taking back your time and your doing, and creating that which is you, of you and for you.
Big applause here...

Allie said...

Shell - GOOD FOR YOU!!!! While I love blogging, it sure does take time - I totally agree with you about all of this. You must do what works for you, hon. It's been so fun to be along with you on this journey, and I can't wait to see where you get to next!!

almtsbb said...

Good luck on the move. After having 5 cats in the last 37 years, Jane is 15 now, cats ALWAYS help with folding laundry and making beds.
Looking forward to your Love Grows kit.
PS Jane moved in with me 14 years ago similarly to your getting Sabrina. On a cold winter night she ran up to me wound around my ankles and begged to come in the house.

The French Bear said...

Oh Shell, you sound like how I feel, blogging is a whole big job just on it's own! I'll follow you no matter where you go and however method you wish to use to share your artistry!!!
Hugs
Mags
xxx

The French Bear said...

Good for you Shell, you know I will follow you whereever you go!!! Blogging is a big job in itself and you are so busy....
I'm sure everything will work out just right!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xx

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...