Friday, October 24, 2014

Hoppy Friday - Naps on the Porch

Hi ya! Did you have a fun week? I sure did. I have been working on some new designs for 2015. I'm so excited to share them with you I could pop!!! I'll give you some details in a few weeks.

Today I wanted to share my back porch with you. I am truly blessed to be able to work from home. While it is rather lonely sometimes, the trade off is the freedom to work whenever and wherever I want.


At the end of summer, I got these new cushions on clearance. We're talking major clearance! Yipeee! I think they look pretty good. The tree has lights in it, which is so pretty at night.  I would like to paint the concrete next year or maybe put some slate tile down.


The tree is fake. This is the only real plant I haven't killed. David takes care of the yard. Thank goodness!!


Speaking of yards, this is the view of my back yard from the porch. I love to watch the sun on the water throughout the day. It's magical. Plus, I truly love to watch all the wildlife visiting the pond. It's so fun. It use to be all forest back there and then the neighborhood grew. I still really miss all the trees. They were beautiful.

I'm not really a "lunch" person per say. I like breakfast and dinner food best. So, instead of taking a lunch break, I take a power nap. I'll stitch for a while on the back porch, do paperwork, draw or answer emails. Then, I'll take about a 20 minute nap. I must say, it's one of my most favorite things to do.

So what about you? Do you take naps on your porch?

Hugs and hoppy Friday!
xx,
Michelle and the fuzzy ones

19 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely porch Shell and though the trees are gone, you still have a lovely view. I am a napper too, but on the couch with a couple of furries.

DIGBY said...

What a lovely view! Your house and its surroundings look wonderful. And I love your new cushions! If I had a porch like yours, I would certainly spend a lot of time out there stitching or crocheting. I take naps but it's in the bed and usually Digby hops up and joins me. Hugs to Harrington and Hannah from Digby.
Cynthia

Little Miss Titch said...

You have the most Beautiful Home Michelle,really Idyllic ,xx Rachel

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dear, dear Shell,

You have it made. Your porch oversees what I think is a perfect setting. Quiet, peaceful, a natural habitat for the critters....breathe it all in, love it all out.

Christine M said...

What a lovely view you have, Shell. I could quite easily spend time sitting on your porch! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Christine xx

Lesley said...

Looks like you live in Paradise! Beautiful property and a very inviting porch! Enjoy your nap today!

Mother Owl said...

I LOVE your porch - definately magical place!!! Your clock on the wall is an eye catcher. Someday I hope to have a porch again - miss those lovely times with family and cats relaxing.

Another idea for your floor is to paint it with a background color and then stamp it with a design (maybe something like time pieces or clock hands to go with the clock???), using a contrasting paint. I did this in my last house - creates a uniquely, beautiful room!

Thoeria said...

That porch looks so lovely and cosy and practically screams "sit back relax and take a snooze!".

paulette said...

Beautiful porch and backyard!! Lucky you!!
P

Tina said...

Your home is just beautiful!! Love your new cushions too.

Lana said...

That is a beautiful porch...I would miss the trees too...but you still have a lovely view...and a wonderful porch...is it glassed in or a screen? I would put a little bed out there for summer nights!!!!
Love how you are able to be home and enjoy your working...

debbie said...

What a lovely view. Perfect for reading and stitching.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I take naps anywhere and everywhere. My stitching group knows that after we have lunch I'm probably going to catch a few winks in my chair! blessings, marlene

Jeanette said...

Love your porch. Fabulous looking. I juts love the view. I'd be quite happy to sit there & stitch for hours. :) Hugs,xx

Allie said...

Ooh girl can I come take a nap on your porch? Although I have to warn you, my naps are usually at least 8 hours long. Love your darling porch!

Anonymous said...

How serene. A midday siesta - it's what the Eurpoeans do, too.
Very lovely.

Rosa said...

Beautiful porch and backyard.Would be great be there.

RG said...

Sounds like you better expand the porch - everybody coming over to sit, watch, and nap!

Naps are good - a bunny told me!

Createology said...

Your porch is delightful and the view is wonderful. I can see how you like to sit and stitch out here. If I nap it is for longer than 20 minutes...I never learned Power Napping. Creative Porch Bliss...

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...