Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chicago Anyone?

Hi ya! Did you have a fun weekend? It's been worky, worky, worky around Bunnyville. Plus, it's been raining and cold. Poo! Mother nature is obviously having hormonal issues this year. Geesh!


Well, today I'm over the moon excited to share this with you! I will be headed to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago next month to teach at the "Create on the Spot" workshops! Each session is one hour long and you will create something fun right there on the spot!


I will be teaching you to make a Folk Art Fusion (TM) flower brooch. This same flower, in a larger version, will be in my upcoming book with the Barrington Bees. Also, I will be participating in "Open Studios" on Saturday and Sunday for two hours.  I will be there to chat with you about Folk Art Fusion (TM), show you my new designs and even give you a demo.

Will you be attending this festival? I would love to, as we Southerner's say, "Hug your neck!" I'm so excited about this opportunity to meet blog friends, as well as, make some new friends. I've never been to this festival, so I can't wait to enjoy all the eye candy that will be there. There's just something about quilters that always makes me feel the most at home. Well, quilters and bunny people. ;)

I do hope to see you there! I'll be the one in the hat!


Now, as promised, I have finished "Peppermint Tea." I'm really happy with how it turned out. Believe it or not, it started out on one big cream background. I got it all quilted and bound, hung it on my design board and hated it! Can we say boooooooooooring!!! So, I ripped out six hours of work and started over with the design I originally had in my head. Note to self...go with your original gut feeling and stop over thinking things! Anyway, I love it now. Folk Art Fusion (TM) is really fun as it has floating borders, reverse wool applique, embellishments and more! It also has endless possibilities. I can't wait to teach you the techniques and then encourage you to let your imagination take over.  This piece is three individual teapot quilts with floating teacups hooking them together. But again, it has endless possibilities for you to have fun!


Alrighty then. Time for more coffee. I better get back to work before the bunnies start calling me a slacker boss. Have a fun week and we'll see you right back here on Wednesday. I can't wait to show you the handmade bunny I purchased for my collection.

Hugs!
Michelle and the Bunnies

27 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, wish I was in the area - have a fun time with your classes.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD EVENING my dear "bunny sister!"

This will be so exciting my friend, to meet blogger pals, create and find more opportunities for you to share your marvelous work! How I wish I had the time and chance to go to this. I love the idea of the brooch! And of course, more than anything else, to see you. Have a safe journey my friend, but I will be here on Wednesday! LOVE! Anita

Lesley said...

Congrats on being chosen for the quilt festival. Your brooch and Peppermint Tea are wonderful...those lucky folks who get to attend! Have fun, but I'm sure you will!

Jeanette said...

Sounds like fun. Wish i could go along. :) Peppermint tea looks fabulous. Hugs,xx.

kc said...

Oh my - Chicago?? I cannot imagine anyone going to Chicago on purpose (please don't hate me, people, big cities scare me & I can't stand to be cold!), but if I were gonna happen to be in the area, I'd surely stop in to get a squeeze! (now, does that sound kinky or what!?)

But, I'm glad to see you'll be spreading your passion and joy around - those people will need your smile & fun after a long, cold, hard winter.

Be safe & have fun! (and the teapots are charming!!)

Christine M said...

I'd love to come to the festival and get to meet you in person Shell. Unfortunately it's a bit too far.

Fiona said...

How fun for you... I would love a trip to Chicago.... will enjoy your stories!
Hugz

Unknown said...

50 of us from West Bend area will be heading to Chicago (Rosemont)..I will look for you. We were very happy for the return of the Festival and wondering how having no formal classes this year would be handled. Your mini classes look very interesting and I will look for you!

Anonymous said...

wow Shell you are so clever love it all.xx

Donna Nowicki French said...

I love your little bumble bee. He's so cute. Have fun in Chicago.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Your projects are so cute! A friend and I will be coming to Chicago! I will need your schedule so we can be sure to see you! Can't wait to meet!

VickiT said...

Oh how fun. I have been admiring that little flower each time I've seen it on your blog. That would be fun to learn to make one. I knew this show was returning to Chicgao again this year although I never attended it when it was there. This show stopped being in Chicago the year I began learning more about quilting. I suspect they will have a HUGE attendance because this will be the first year back in Chicago. I just recently saw this show had over 60,000 in attendence while in Houston. WOW! That is a lot of people.

Even as close as that is to me, and how much I would just LOVE to come meet you that it isn't going to be possible for me to get there. :( Our budget has been a bit tight since one of my twins moved back home along with his family (and yay, my 1 yr old Granddaughter too who I get to spoil daily whenever I want) and just yesterday we learned there may be a fast trip to FL in the horizon as my Stepmother who had her heart valve replaced on Jan 17th and had still not been out of the hospital since after multiple complications since that time passed away. Our stretched budget I fear is going to collapse so sadly, I know it's not going to happen for me. :( Sad too since you will be so close.

I'm sure you will have a blast though. You will have the potential of tremendously increasing your customer base at that show I'm sure. Good luck!

Starr White said...

Love your peppermint tea - so cute! I hope you have lots of fun and meet lots of interesting people at the festival. Wish I could go!

Loris said...

Have a wonderful time! Wish I could beam myself there! I can't wait to make one of those bees :-)

Little Miss Titch said...

love the pepermint tea!enjoj Chicago

Debora Hoffmann said...

Oh, these are all super cute, Shel! As are you in your bunny hat! Love the tea pots and cups especially. I hope you have lots of fun at the festival and will share a bit with us when you get back. Huggies to you! ~Deb

Createology said...

Congratulations Dear! What a wonderful opportunity for you to share your skills with sew many others. Love this "Peppermint Tea" quilt you have created. Hello to the bunnies. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Frieda Oxenham said...

Wish I was closer! Would love meeting up and making a flower!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Shell I love Peppermint Tea! The pink is such a beautiful contrast to the black - just striking. blessings, marlene

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Drool, drool, drool...oh Shell, you are amazing! LOVE it all - but Peppermint Tea? "Be still my beating heart". :-)
Hugs
Jenny
xx

RG said...

The Windy City in June will be grand. It is really a great place - wonderful riverfront and that Lake Michigan shoreline!!!

Tell Oprah "Hey" for me and drop in on the Prez. of Boeing at their corporate offices there. Just mention RG and all will be taken care of!

jerilanders said...

You will be a hit! I wish I could go to your class, I think it would be a blast. Have fun!

belarmina said...

maravilloso!!! me gusta muchísimo
saludos

Sherry said...

I love your Peppermint Tea design. I wish I was close enough to come to see you that would be so fun!

Sandi said...

Hi, I'm hoping to go to Chicago and if so will drop inand say hi.

If I don't see you say hi to "the cow jumped over the moon" quilt I've got on display.

Quilt Rat said...

These designs are SO wonderful....love the striking graphics and colour combo. Gorgeous!

Carrie P. said...

I know you are going to have a bunch of fun. So exciting. Your new friends are so cute.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...