Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Work'in on it Wednesday - Spring Cleaning

Well, it's that time of year to clean all the dust bunnies out from every nook and cranny of the house. I will never understand where all the dust and dirt comes from! David and I are total neat freaks, we don't wear shoes in our house, we don't smoke and the bunnies live up in Bunnyville. So where does it come from???? Oye!


Anyway, as I was deep cleaning my bedroom, I was smiling big over my "New Country" style. I've always liked country decorating, but I don't like too much clutter. Yes, I like clean, but I don't like to clean. I would rather be stitching or petting the bunnies!

I've decided I'm going to warm up my black and white color scheme with some green and tan.

Needless to say, I've started designing a quilt to lay at the end of the bed. I love sleeping under the stars so let's just say that the quilt will have some stars on it. That's about as close to camping as I get. hee,hee,hee.   ;)


I'm also going to design some wool applique and stitchery pieces to put on these blank walls. I like to hang things on the walls as the dust doesn't seem to sit on them as much. Plus, blank walls are like a blank canvas! Fun!



Our bathroom needs a bit of warming up too. David just painted the mirrors black. I love how they pop off the wall now. Gonna work on those light fixtures. Maybe some new globes will do the trick. Hmmm...


I finally finished the ticking valance for above my shower. Had that fabric since October!


My friend, Judy Clark, is having a big sale this Saturday in her Etsy Shop. I spotted this vintage stitchery pillow. LOVE IT! Oh and it's going to be mine! hee,hee,hee. Hop over and visit Judy's shop on Saturday. She has lots of great pillows to give your home a Spring spruce up.

Ok, back to designing some new patterns for my Shop.

So what are you work'in on this Wednesday?

xx, Michelle

25 comments:

Sherri said...

Michelle, you room is gorgeous but I can see a lovely handmade quilt at the end of the bed. It will be gorgeous! I love your stained glass windows in the tub area in your bathroom. I did stained glass for about 28 yrs. and I always loved how these windows would make a room look totally different than before they were installed-just gorgeous! I love that pillow too!

Carmen S. said...

Oh my goodness I love, LOVE your bedroom!!!! So neat and tidy and pretty! and right away I spotted the cute bunny up on your shelf *giggles*!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I just love your home, Shell. Your bedroom is peaceful and elegant. I even love the carpet you've chosen! Can't wait to see what you do next.
xoxo
Donna

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the white, simple look - but I am a color person - would need at least a pillow with color!

Kris said...

Good morning, Shell - I am working on two things today!! I am going to tea stain some fabric for my new "For the Love of Spring" pattern by no other than YOU and I am going to start working on my Doll Quilt Swap quilt!! Love your gorgeous bedroom and a colorful quilt at the bottom of the bed will be perfect!! I wish just one room in my house was that neat!! LOL!! Oh, well, when you are a fabric addict and live with a Dad that just goes with the flow . . . Love ya, Kris

Shelley said...

Your husband's name is David too lol!! So is mine :) And he's handy at painting many things black because I love black in a room to balance any other color. We're also neat freaks...well, I am and after 25 years he is getting there lol! The dust.....I'm sure it's an undiscovered living organism that procreates at highspeed.(faster than bunnies haha!)..there's just no winning that battle :)

Unknown said...

My husband is also David! But...he is a hoarder and boy, do we have clutter! I hate it!

Allie said...

I too love that look Shell and I hate to clean...I love an uncluttered look, and your room is just gorgeous!!!! Love the windows in your bath.

Karen said...

And where is Bunnyville?

KMSC said...

Michelle: I love your clean white and black bedroom. Do you mind telling me where you purchased your bed frame? I've been looking for something like it for our guest bedroom. Thanks!
k.castanette@hotmail.com

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the clean and uncluttered look....I need to take a lesson from you....
I try to keep ahead of the dust but last night i saw a spider web in the kitchen windowsill.
Mama Bear

Jade said...

Unfortunately, the thing I'm workin' on this Wed. is our income taxes. No fun, but has to be done. :(

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a lovely elegant room!

Unknown said...

Thank You for Sharing your Gorgeous Rooms...Just Beautiful.
A Valance above the Shower..that's Different.
Happy Easter
cheers

LesQuilts said...

Hi! at the end of september, have your furnace and ducts professionally cleaned! You would be surprised all the stuff gets circulated.
Good luck, take care, Leslie

Mireille said...

So pretty, just a room that you can see in the books.
I love it.
Hugs,
Mireille

Quilt Kitty said...

I love it when you do house decoration post Shell, you have such amazing style. Looking forward to seeing the after shots with a bit more colour though it is all so beautiful now. That cushion is delightful. Tracee xx

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Your home is very warm and welcoming. It is always found to add some new things especially when your create them your self. I wish you and your David a Happy Easter Holiday. Hugs Judy

jerilanders said...

Michelle, Your house IS so clean, and white and perfect! You would go crazy around here, it is not very pristine, far from it. It looks like I missed your birthday a few posts back, I don't get out much. I'm glad you had a wonderful day and you will look great no matter what age you are!

Sherry said...

I love your room. Everything is so neat and orderly. That is one area that I don't seem to do too well in. I love the pillow you shared, your friend is very talented.

Christina said...

What a pretty room Shell. I bet even your dust bunnies are attractive.

Sparky said...

Lovely shell. We have such similar taste....our home has one more color ...and we are minimalist ....lovely

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wow Shell, what a beautiful room. I want to be more like you! Blessings, Marlene

RG said...

Why do you keep asking that annoying "What are you working on?" question. You sound like my big sister. Besides, it's a BIG secret.

Send some of your dust bunnies. They'll fit right in here!

Tammy said...

What about some black crown moulding in the bath and bedroom?

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...