Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Visitor to Bunnyville

On Friday I had a wonderful visit with my new friend, Sharon, of Corgis in My Garden. I had sooooooooo much fun hanging out with her and the time went by way to fast! She is just the sweetest lady and I wish she lived closer. But, I found out she lives very close to my sister in Virginia, so I will get to see her whenever I'm up there! Yippeeeee!

Look at this fun gift she brought me! It looks like a chocolate bunny, but it's really resin underneath the wrapping. I can enjoy it forever and it won't make my butt big! hee,hee,hee.

Sharon is a critter lover too. She has 3 Corgis and 2 cat's. She believes in spoiling her fuzzy kids as much as I do. My kinda lady!

Sharon also collects all kinds of dishes. She spotted this pitcher on my living room table. She know's how much I redecorate and have yard sales, so she told me to put her name on this as she has dishes to match it.

Name is on it! :)

Well not only is this one sweet lady that loves critters and has great taste in dishes, she too loves to decorate, but in miniature! Check these out!!

The Garden Room. I love the wisteria climbing on the side. I could see myself sitting there having tea with her and her dogs and cats!

This is the Flower Shop.

Hello little bunny on the bench. Are you waiting for a snack?

The kitty on the bench outside is just too cute!

This is a bathroom in one of her doll houses. Makes me laugh with the kitty playing in the potty!

I took Sharon to lunch at the Sea Glass Cafe. Our time truly went by way to fast. (I'm squinting in this photo because the sun was so bright and my eye's can't hang! So I look dorky!) Sharon, it was so wonderful to meet you in person and Sugie and Harrington are very happy to have another special auntie.

Until I see you again, sending lots of hugs your way!
Shell

19 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

What fun! And, I LOVE the miniatures!

Kris said...

Shell - What a treat to meet a new friend with the same loves as you!! And that bunny gift is wayyyy cute!! It really does look like it should be full of chocolate!! Glad you guys had such fun!! Kris

Sherri said...

Shell, so glad you got to meet a fellow blogger! I love corgis, so the picture of her 3 corgis really made me smile :)!

Barb said...

What a nice post, good to meet Sharon.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Gee, can anyone put their name on a piece in your house? I love the miniatures - I am in awe. How nice for you two to visit.

Jade said...

The miniatures are awesome (I am so coveting that little green bunny) and it sounds like you guys had all kinds of fun. Love the "chocolate" bunny (I need more of those and less of the real thing--"make mine chocolate" is making my belly fatter. :( )

Rebecca P said...

What fun you must have had Shell.
It is always great to meet a bloggy friend or forum friend. I met one too this month.
Hugs,
Rebecca

Brynwood Needleworks said...

...and you two just keep rubbing it in! lol

Love the photo of the two of you together. Sharon's miniatures are fabulous, and I cracked up when I saw that you actually wrote Sharon's name on the bottom of the pitcher. Also...what a clever Easter rabbit!

So glad you had a good time together.
Hugs to you both,
xoxo
Donna

JudyCinNC said...

What a wonderful visit you had with a special friend. Love all the miniatures and pictures. Thanks for sharing, Judy C

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I sure hope that you are giving Sugie and Harrington an allowance!!!
they are going to need it to be able to buy all of us "aunties" gifts for our Birthdays and Christmas time!!!!
I read Sharons blog alot==love her corgis too -- glad you two had alot of fun.
Hugs, di and miss gracie
PS--Miss gracie wants to know if she can be an "auntie" toooooo???

Sharon said...

Oh, Shell, I am so happy to see my name on the bottom of that pitcher.
You are so funny! Just met you Friday but miss you already! Wish
you were around to go "junkin" with me this week! Thanks for the nice post about my miniatures!

Hugs!

Shirley said...

Hi Shell, I am so glad that you had such an enjoyable day with Sharon. You always are trying to picture your friends here in blogland. Your rabbit she brought you is so adorable and I love her minatures. I have a friend who builds miniture houses. They are so unique and makes me wish I had a doll house even at my age. My kids would really think I am nuts. HeHeHe, Got to see all of my grandsons so it made my weekend. Take care my friend. Your Missouri Friend.
P.S. I found a neat quilt shop on Saturday, They had so many pretty fabrics.

RG said...

Nobody who keeps pet house rabbits is dorky. Period.

gail said...

Hi Shell, Looks like ya had a great day with your friend. Its always so nice meeting our blogging friends! Her doll house is adorable. I hope you have a really pretty week! (()) gail

Allie said...

What a fun treat - that resin bunny is the best chocolate bunny I've ever seen, and I love that it's no calories, lol!
GREAT pic of you and Sharon. She's quite the talent!

Lisa said...

Shell that is SO cool that you got to meet yet ANOTHER friend!!! The corgis are so cute and the miniatures are beautiful! And the resin chocolate bunny! How cool!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

How wonderful that you got to meet a new friend and I loved seeing your photos. How clever she is making the darling miniatures, love the Garden room.
The Easter Rabbit is cute and unlike the chocolate one, you will be able to keep it.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

What a beautiful post Shell... How sweet you got to meet Sharon! Love the little choco Bunny she gave you! Sharon has the "SWEETEST little corgies and LOVE her miniatures too. That is the CUTEST EVER Pup in the Mailbox!!!
It's so wonderful when Our Sisters get to Meet each other!!!
Love& Big Bunny Hugs to you,
Donna

Mandy Saile said...

Oh so glad you had a wonderful time. Being an artist can be quite lonely, despite all of our online connections and it's something extra speacil when we can meet kindred spirits in person, yayyy for you both.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...