Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rococo Rabbits No. 1, off to be Quilted

I know I've been showing you little bits and pieces of this for some time now, but I spent the whole weekend working on it and it's finally ready to be quilted. I don't machine quilt anything bigger than a baby quilt because it kills my arms, back and makes me grumpy! hee,hee,hee. So I'm taking this to my friend Lea who let's just say has the "Mercedes" of long arm quilting machines.

While Lea is quilting this for me, I will finish writing the pattern. I hope to have everything ready next week for you to see the grand unveiling of this "Couch Quilt" as I call it. It's perfect for laying over the back of the couch or on your favorite chaise lounge or at the end of the bed. It's also the perfect quilt for napping under!

I've named it "Rococo Rabbits No. 1" (do you see the rabbits?) there will be 2 more pieces in this series. One is a wallhanging and the other will be a framed stitchery. Have I told you I wish I could sew faster!!! I get so darn excited!

Hugs,
Michelle

6 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Shell:
It's going to be a beautiful quilt. Yup! I see the rabbits!

The excitement starts today with the "Queen of the Ball" arriving at the airport later this morning. I'll be going to the Ft. Myers Airport to pick up her and her betrothed. Posts this week should get more and more interesting, with the grand finale on Sunday! I can't believe I've been able to keep it a secret all this time! (Only 4 more days...whew...I'm afraid I'll explode!) lol

Have a great week, my friend. I love your work...as you well know.
xoxo
Donna

Lisa said...

I love the pattern, Shell! It took a minute to actually find the rabbits in the design, but now that I have I like it even more, they're so beautiful and elegant.

Thanks for sharing!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Delegate, delegate! I see two kinds of rabbits; brown side view and front view with white ears and white nose (like an opposite Amelia).......

Sparklyjools said...

Just lovely - as usual. I do love those bunnies in silhouette.
Sounds very sensible to me getting your friend to do the quilting, I would not be grumpy, just completely unbearable to live with!!! x

Rebecca said...

Hey Sweet Girl!
Your quilt is so wonderful! Love your bunny design... Can't wait to see it all done up. I used to belong to a quilting group in the 80s, I still have quilts I haven't finished, safe to say I probably never will! These days I have a hard time finishing anything...I don't know why, maybe I am on this computer too much!
Hope you have a lovely day...
Many blessings
Rebecca

Rebecka said...

Your new bunny design is beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished work.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...