Well dag! I've been awarded an award by three people! How fun! I would like to thank Dianne of Mamas Pocketbook, Carrie of Noelle Garrett Designs and Janet of Janet's Creative Pillows. Stop by and visit my friends. They have fabulous, beautiful things and are oh so fun to visit with! Thank you all so much!
Ok, so I have to list 10 honest things about myself. Hmmm, well, if you read my blog, you know I'm always honest and probably give you more info. than you care to know about, hee,hee,hee.
1. I truly believe that if you want something bad enough, you can get it, if you believe in it. I have achieved everything I have ever set my mind to. I don't let poo poo people hold me back.
2. I became a vegetarian last July when the local grocery store had cut up BUNNY listed in the sales flyer!!!!!!!! Not only was I sad for the bunnies, but I was sick about the other critters and haven't been able to eat critters since then. However, if you eat critter, (David eats critter), it's your choice. I don't get mad at others, it's just my choice.
3. I make it a point to smile and say hi to elderly people when I pass them in a store or on the street. I think they are so cute. My grammy is 92 and I think she is precious! Ok, maybe I smile at everyone and say hi all the time to everyone because in the end, nice matters and it makes me happy to smile and say hi even if people think I'm dorky. It's a good thing I live in the South where that is socially acceptable. I mean if I lived in NYC, people would probably think I was in need of medication and a real dork.
4. I hate dresses and have not worn a skirt or a dress since 2006, when I only wore it once for my 20 year high school reunion. I really, really hate dresses and look stupid in them. I love blue jeans and cowgirl boots and would wear them every day of my life if I lived in a climate that I could. But... again, since I live in the South it can't happen as I would be sweating bullets in the summer! However, I still don't wear dresses, I wear shorts. I think I said this once before in an award, but it still stands.
5. I love dorky people and I love to laugh really, really hard until I snort, which always happens when I laugh really, really hard. Laughing is good for your mind, body and soul. I recommend laughing every day. It does a body good.
6. I worked as a waitress from the time I was 16 until I was 21. I think everyone should have to wait tables once in their life to realize how hard it is dealing with hungry, cranky people. I always tip 20% because I know that this is not a career for most folks, it is a means to eat, survive, put yourself through school, pay for children, or get yourself a fresh start from a bad relationship. If you can't be nice and tip someone, make a sandwich and stay home. Don't be a putz.
7. I never wanted kids and I'm afraid of newborn babies. I don't like to hold them until their head stays on by itself. Scary!
8. David and I have been together 20 years this year and we have only had one major fight. It happened before we were married. We both like calm, and our home is our sactuary. We give each other freedom to enjoy the things we each like, while enjoying things together. The best piece of advice I got on my wedding was from my friend, Margaret. She said, "live each day to make the other happy and you will always be happy." She was right. Love ya Margaret.
9. When I was 10, I had my front teeth and bone from my upper jaw kicked out by my pony. I have had extensive tooth/dental issues since then and now I'm 41 and needing more. I think horses are beautiful creatures, but I'm scared of them and have no desire to sit on one.
10. I'm a "huggy" person and belive that a good hug makes one feel better. Life would be so great if we just hugged one another, said "I love you" and accept people as they are. We may not always agree, we don't always have to like it, we don't have to be around it, but if we stop judging and started loving, the world would be a beautiful place.
Love you all,
Oh... I have to nominate folks. Well, everyone on my blogroll, I nominate you. If your there, it's because I treasure you.