Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Creativity and Bunnies

Hi ya! Did you miss me last week? I had the best intentions on writing, but alas, hackers had other plans for me. My business credit card got hacked so I had to deal with all of that and between my email, my credit card and now being bombarded with SPAM comments here on my blog, I'm about worn out!

On a positive note, I did look at my stats and I'm happy that the Russians are no longer reading things here. Yes, you read that right. I had a huge amount of traffic from Russia over the past two years and it has finally gone back to normal. I guess reading about bunnies, home decor and quilting was not their cup of tea. Of course, I'm sure there is some Google algorithm that will see I typed Russia and they heathens will come back. ;) I will be spending this summer learning how to transfer my blog over to my website where I have control over everything. I think Google, Facebook and Amazon have gotten too big and have too much control over the average person. Ok, there is my rant for this post. Just frustrated by the all the hacking and "Big Brother." They are total morons.

Henry is tired of them too. Doesn't it make you feel better just looking at his sweet face? It does me. My friend, Patricia always use to say, "The world is going to hell. Here are some bunny photos." ;)



After I got all that fixed, worked out and paid for and learned a new email system, I had to get ready to teach in Hilton Head Island for the Palmetto Quilters. Now that was FUN!!! With all the digital everything nowadays, there is still something so special about meeting with friends for a day of play and creativity in real life. I absolutely LOVE it!

I gave a lecture  chat first and one of the guild members showed off my Sir Walter Harrington pillow that she made! Yaaaaaaaay!



In class, Jeanette was working on this embroidery treatment to her flower. I get totally geeked out over everyone's creativity. It's amazing what happens when ones imagination has permission to play.



This is a finished pincushion from Deb Johnson. I love how she put her own spin on the finished piece by not adding border fabric and by using the grosgrain ribbon. I also really love the couching she did around the center of her flower. 




Here are my fun friends in my class. Everyone with their bunny ears of course. ;)


We actually had tornado sirens going off during class! I was cracking up as nobody was worried and thought we should move to the center of the building. They were having too much fun!! No stinkin tornado was going to ruin our Play Date! hee,hee,hee




Thank you to Cathy and Terri for inviting me to your guild. I had such a wonderful time!

Back home at my local guild, my dear friend, Candy Lord, showed off my "Seamore the Seahorse" design. Her home was damaged by hurricane Florence and she still has not moved back in. She decided to make Seamore for her new blue bathroom.


Candy is an amazing quilter and I think she did a great job on this! Bunny ears crossed her home will be ready soon.


Next, whenever I see a beautifully decorated envelope with "air mail" on it, I know it will contain something extra special from Jules!



As always, I was not disappointed. Jules painted Henry the VII for me! She used Henry's details and combined them with portraits of the real Henry the VII. She added a crown as it is more regal than a hat. Don't you just love how he is clenching Timothy Hay? hee,hee,hee. It's fabulous!


Jules and I were talking a while back and I told her I would love to have all my bunnies painted by her in royal attire as they have all had royal names. Here are Sir Walter Harrington and Lady Hannah Goldenhare that I already have and treasure.


Now, I'm super excited to add Henry the VII to my collection. I named him that because he is my eighth rescue rabbit. I'm one lucky bunny to have a best friend in England who is also one of my most favorite artists. Thank you Jules! Love you!!!


I also had a visit from the little bunny, Greyson Howser, who lives across the street from me. He's so darn cute! I can't believe how big he has gotten since August. He and his mom and dad will be moving the middle of next month. I sure will miss them. I'm forever grateful that I met them and got to teach Brandee to quilt. I know she will go on to make more quilts.


So how was your Easter? We had a lovely, delicious and peaceful time with our friends, Patty and Jim. David and I truly enjoy their company.



Oh, I have to show you my birthday/Easter present to myself. I call it my "bunny trophy." hee,hee,hee I just had to have it. It's perfect with my European Cottage Style. Now you know why I love all my  rabbit paintings from Jules too. :)



Well, that is all for this week. I hope you are well. Hannah is doing her Henry imitation with one ear up. ;)



Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

17 comments:

Petal49 said...

Oh Michelle even though I follow you on Instagram and Facebook I love reading your blog. The Internet is a wonderful thing for keeping in touch with friends and family but is fraught with danger as you have found out. The hackers always seem to be one step ahead of the security companies. Good luck with transferring everything to your website.
As I mentioned on another channel I am just in love with your gifts from Jules and I feel so fortunate to 'know' you two and be able to take part in your creative adventures. I am creative but not artistic, if that makes sense, and I love seeing all the things you do. One day I will come to one of your play dates somewhere as it looks like so much fun.

Mammad said...

Your blog is so soothing and joyful..thank you for sharing๐Ÿ˜Š

Jeanette said...

Sorry to hear you've been hacked & have been having so much trouble because of it. Jules picture of Henry is beautiful. I do so wish the Jeanette in your class was me. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. Thankyou for the lovely Easter card. I apologise my not thanking you earlier as i was away over Easter & very little internet access. Hugs, xx

tink's mom said...

Wow life for you and yours has been quite overwhelming to say the least. Glad that you have it all under control and are moving forward. Jules is one very, very talented lady Her bunny art is wonderful.

Tanya Simmons Weiss said...

Although you had computer/business problems, it was certainly offset by some wonderful friends to spend time with and beautiful art from Jules. Still love your blog and look forward to every post.

Jill Cooper said...

Love the bunnies and hearing all about your adventures.

Sharon Cratsenburg said...

Thank you Michelle for the lovely Easter card. I do love reading your blog and the photos you post. I finally finished my Beekeepers pincushion. I will show a pic soon.

DIGBY said...

Always enjoy hearing news from you. The new picture of Henry is lovely and so are the ones of Hannah and Harrington. Your friend is very talented. Your home looks so beautiful. You are a great housekeeper and decorator. You would cringe if you saw what my home looks like. I'm a very eclectic decorator and a very poor housekeeper. Have a good week!

Dawn said...

E
Really enjoy reading your Blog and seeing photos, especially of Hannah and Henry.Very special to have paintings of your bunnies, lovely work by Jules.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Shell! I simply cannot believe that you got hacked, AGAIN! The trouble that you have to go through to unravel the mess...I'm so so sorry! So far for the last 11 years that I've been on social media, I've only had maybe three terrible and unexpected encounters with personality issues but otherwise, it's been an amazing place to make connections. Oh but how dangerous it is indeed and I hope your new plan will tease out all those problems. HUGS and love to you all and HEY, MISS BANANA!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Always fun to see your classes - smiling faces and bunny ears. The new piece of Henry is adorable.

Lucy said...

Always love to see your Bunny posts and read your adventures in the Blog. It was your fellowship of the flowers that really got me involved in more handwork. And I still use many of those tricks with yarn and beads on other projects. Even with it's issues, The internet lets me stay in touch with old friends around the world, and make new ones all the time. I appreciate your Bunny's from affair, alas I learned years ago I am very allergic to them, but oh they are so cute. Thanks for hanging in there even throught the headaches, we need your fun posts, patterns and ideas!

Jenny Bonynge said...

I like blogs as I feel as though you experience the essence of a person's personality...And I love yours! XO Jenny

Shirley said...

Good Morning, I have been trying to catch up with some of my friends. I am so happy and love to look at your teaching your skills to others. Jules does a wonderful job with her art work. I am so happy you and her are friends. Your furry friends are fun to see what they are up to and how they are trying to help you. Your travels are amazing and I love hearing about them. Some of the quilts are absolutely amazing and I wish I had the time to do everything I would like to try, Have a great day. xo Hugs and prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley

Alice said...

So sorry you had to deal with so much crud! It is always good to have our furry pals around when dealing with stuff like that. Love Jules' artwork. What a special friend

Laura Bullinger said...

Hi Michelle, Thank you for this lovely sharing. I took my time getting to it so I could relax and focus.. I find your newsletters so wonderful and serene. The Hilton Head group looked huge-Do they have lots of quilters there? If you do succeed in changing your newsletter I hope we still get to hear about your activities! Love and Hugs to you, Shelley and thanks for being "you"!

Jen said...

Thank you so much for your blog! It is so refreshing to read such positivity! I just moved to NC and love it and the kind people hear! I look forward to your future posts!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...