Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Magical Places

Hellooooooooooo! Are you having a good week so far? Today was absolutely gorgeous! Sunny and 83. Woo hoo!

As I mentioned last week, I am catching up from the previous month. Today I wanted to share two magical places I visited.

First, is the home of my friend, Arlene Quintus. I stopped by one day with my friend, Jean. Oh my! What a beautiful home filled with the most magical pieces!

First, this is her chandelier in her dining room!




Arlene loves pottery and has some very unusual pieces. I love this little pitcher. In my mind, it is to pour a little bit of sweet fairy magic into your tea. :)



This is her dining room  and living room. Check out the gorgeous tree mural in the wall.


She has this cool mattress frame hanging in her foyer with twinkle lights in it


and this little fairy is there to greet you too.

There are wonderful lamps and vignettes everywhere.








Arlene also has the most delightful sewing room.



Here she creates so many wonderful pieces of art. Check these out!





You know I fell in love with this piece! A perfect teapot in a perfect magical place, with a truly magical and talented lady. Hugs Arlene!


The next magical place I went to was Disney! My beloved Aunt Deb and Uncle Rick moved to Florida and we finally got a chance to visit. They took us to Epcot and boy was it fun! This was my first time here and I enjoyed every single minute of this magical place.





Pluto is such a cute boy.


Thumper!!!

David and I had to have our picture made by the bunny topiary. Ok...I had to. hee,hee,hee.


I Skype once a month with my friend and new design partner, Jules. When I saw this phone booth, I was reminded that even though my computer, printer, internet and cable have been driving me bonkers lately, I am forever grateful for it. The fact that I can not only talk to Jules, but see her beautiful face at the same time, is truly amazing.

My Aunt and Uncle got a new family member. This is Petunia. She is so adorable! She was watching David play a game on his phone.

It was such a fun time and I'm truly blessed to have these two dear people in my life. Love you both bunches!


Hugs to you and have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I'll see you back here next week.
xx,
Michelle

6 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

what an amazing trip you had,xx Rachel

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your vacation and the photos are so delightful--
that David is sure a 'cat-person'!!
so happy that you had a fun time--
love and laughter,di

Jeanette said...

The photo of David & Petunia gave me a big smile.She looks so cute perched there. Hugs,xx

Createology said...

Your friend's home truly is an artists magical residence and I completely LOVE all the "unexpected" pieces of whimsy and art. I have been lucky enough to have gone to Epcot Center...each venue and it is very magical...almost as magical as our original Disneyland in Anaheim CA. Petunia is adorable and David is so patient. I adore cats! Your vacation with family looks like it was wonderful!!!

RG said...

Great photos of houses and visits! A nice time for all. Is the weather always gorgeous there? We had a wall like in that nice house once - caused by a water balloon fight. D**n kids.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle ,wow I love this post,your friends house is amazing,thankyou for sharing xx

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...