Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Lee's Summit Quilters' Guild Part II

Helloooooooooo! Sorry for the delay in my post today. Technically it is still Wednesday. hee,hee,hee ;)  I've been in Woodbridge, VA for the past five days having a play date and chat with the gals there and hanging out with my dear friend, Shannon Shirley. I will post about that adventure next Wednesday.

Today I want to share Part II of my visit with the Lee's Summit, MO Guild. Last week I shared Nancy's creative space with you. She said she was liking Nancy's Nest as a name for her sewing room. I think it's great!

This first group of photos is from the guild meeting show and tell. Be prepared to be blown away. So much talent! (the photos were taken with my phone as I didn't have my big girl camera with me)


 She had Grandpa's and Grandma's boots. Too funny!








































Nancy was my quilt holder upper helper when I gave my chat. She rocks...just say'in.



Next, these lovely ladies were my Play Date participants.


Donna, who is absolutely hilarious with her quick whit.



Carole, one of the trouble makers who made us laugh all day.




Diana, aka "Princess Diana," the other trouble maker.


Peggy who tried to get her work done even though she was sitting next to one of the trouble makers.

Edwina (so glad she could get the day off from work!)


Barb, who reminds me of actress Meg Ryan.

Mary Ann (who looks like your twin Tamala!)

Jo Ann (who rescues yard bunnies!!!)

and Nancy, my new forever friend.

It was a super fun day and I truly enjoyed spending time with these wonderful gals as they created my "Spot of Peppermint Tea."

I had a very special class surprise! My blog friend, Meg, stopped by with Flip Flop the Angora bunny!!!  

You know I about passed out from all the fluff!! Meg has loved bunnies since she was eight years old and she has 13 Angora's.

Sooooooooooooooooo much cuteness!!!!


Meg also brought me a beautiful Fraktur book and a lovely card, which I will treasure always. It is always a special treat to meet blog friends in person.


Meg, send me an email. I can't find your email address!!! 

Hop over and visit the Lee's Summit Guild blog HERE.
I hope you are having a fun week. I can't believe August is almost over. They still haven't started my house. Poo! I'm keeping bunny ears crossed it will be soon.

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Take your breath away for sure! I'm assuming the group shots were challenges? And lovely ladies for your class. AAWWW - floppy - melt.

RG said...

All those southern ladies and no pecan pie. What a waste.

Flip Flop is the best!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH MY ........FLIP FLOP! SHELL, this is a great rabbit! AND...you are smashing. I can tell. You take the stage with your charm and let go. Oh you and I, we'd make a great team!

HAVE FUN MY beloved friend. Anita

jsews said...

I guess they have never heard of making a "simple" quilt. such gorgeous work. And I love the bunny - so much fluff!!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh! That Angora bunny is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I love his/her face and those ears are so wonderful!! What a cutie pie!!! Gorgeous quilts and very talented ladies in your group. I hope your house hunting is going well!!

Sandra Kaye said...

wow...impressive show and tell!!! and that bunny was to die for!!! so stinking cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Melody said...

What a fabulous post. Love the virtual quilt show and all those teapots are fabulous. Such an adorable bunny, especially in the last photo where he has his ears up.

Sparklyjools said...

Talented ladies! And didn't they do well in class! How did you fit Flip Flop bunny in your car? Has Meg noticed he's gone yet?:)

Createology said...

Sew many talented and gifted ladies with amazing quilts they have created. What fun to share your Peppermint Spot of Tea with a class of lucky ladies. Flip-Flop the Angora Bunny is precious. What a JOY to meet your blog friends in person. Blessings and Creative Bliss...

Jenny Bonynge said...

How fun! Those ladies are very productive I'd say... That Angora rabbit is beautiful... SO sorry to hear that they haven't started your house... :0(

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh that rabbit just gets me right here (pointing at my heart)...what a FACE and those wild ears! teeheheheeeeee

SHELL BABE, thanks for visiting. And wouldn't that be a hoot to meet? I think we'd be like two sticks of dynamite, so CLEAR THE ROOM EVERYONE! teeeheeeee

Have a super Sunday. Give ol' Hannah-B a snuggle.

Sherry said...

Wow, so many beautiful quilts! I am always inspired when I see what others are making, so talented! I looks like you had a great day and that the ladies enjoyed working on their tea pot project. I wish I was close enough to join in.

Deb said...

Wow, what amazing quilts and looks like you had a wonderful day quilting with your new friends Michelle. Flip Flop is too cute, what a wonderful surprise! Deb xo

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely quilts and Flip Flop is adorable

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...