Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Work'in on it Wednesday - Design to do list

My dear friend, Lydia, stopped by to visit me the other day. When she came in she said, "Out of all the decorating styles of your house, this one is my favorite. It's warm, cozy and welcoming." That made me smile really big as it truly is my favorite style too. Those of you that have followed me over the years, know my entire interior has changed five times! (yes...I'm nuts...hee,hee,hee)

Recently I wanted some new pillows for my couch. I had the fabulously talented, long arm quilter, Mary with Quilt Hollow, quilt some bunny designs for me. I'm sooooooo totally loving shades of olive green!

Didn't they turn out pretty? See the bunnies?

I commissioned my neighbor to make this bowl. It has 112 pieces of wood in it. It's really heavy. My sister tries to steal it when she visits.


My bookcase looks pretty good. I bought a new frame for my favorite photo of Harrington and Hannah.

I found this cache pot in a faaaaaaabulous antique store in Charlotte, NC. My friend, Beth, and I were in there for almost 3 hours! The place is huge I tell ya! I had a big smile on my face when I found this.


So now that my home matches my design style, it's waaaaaaaaaaay easier for me to design new patterns. On my design to do list will be something in wool to go under the lamp on the sofa table.


But first, I'm going to hop over here. See that blank space on either side of the mirror in my Foyer? Well, on my design to do list, I'm going to have 4 stitcheries. Two for each side. One of them will be ready soon and in my SHOP.


Also on my design to do list is to make a table runner for my dining room table and to make another Folk-Art Fusion piece so "Peter and Peter the Pumpkin Eaters" can take a break until the fall.


I found this picture at one of my most favorite shops in Fayetteville, NC. I just had to have it! I mean how perfect for a house full of bunnies!


I'm really looking forward to sharing all my new designs and my Folk-Art Fusion book with you. Sometimes it just takes a little visual adjusting (redecorating) to make things come together.

Now then. I think I could use a quick nap like Ortega here. Isn't he cute? He is an original piece of Mexican folk art that I found in an antique store in Savannah, Georgia. His belly is signed by the artist, Joe Ortega. I decided Ortega was a great name for him.

So what are you working on this week? Oh, don't forget to scroll down and follow the link to my FREE tutorial.

xx, Michelle

27 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love seeing the inside of your home with your gorgeous decorating. Love to see all your beautiful bunny bit's & pieces. The cushions are so lovely. Hugs,

Allie said...

How I love peeking around your beautiful home, Shell, I love all of your treasures, they're so YOU! I do think Ortega is the perfect name for that lovely bunny!

Teresa F. said...

Thanks for showing us your wonderful house. I love the decoration. The green quilted pillow is fabulous. Great quilting.My favorite is the sleeping bunny. Really cute.
Hugs,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Your home is gorgeous! I love seeing all your special treasures too...perfect!

Karen M said...

The house is looking beautiful, shell. But then, it always does. Can't wait to see what the pieces you make for the foyer look like.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Shell I loved seeing all your pictures and all your treasures. I'm looking forward to the new stitcheries you design for your house! blessings, marlene

Lois Evensen said...

Your home is gorgeous! I just showed that wood bowl to My Honey who happens to have a wood workshop in the basement. Hint, hint!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Your home is beautiful...looks like a showroom! I can never have too many brown bunnies...my favorite. It's neat that you have real bunnies! Thanks for showing us your lovely decor.

Karen said...

The solid color pillow certainly has a subtle look with those bunnies stitched in. Very pretty.

WoolenSails said...

Your home is beautiful, love the light shades in a home, with a mix of collectibles and color. The pillow that Mary quilted is gorgeous, something I was thinking of doing, guess I need to get better at quilting;)

Debbie

Tina said...

You have a beautiful home and I think you have done a wonderful job decorating it! Makes me want to try to work on pulling my decorating together - I am terrible at that! Your pillow is just wonderful - I love the bunnies on it and I love the color! Are you available for hire? LOL!!!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful, Shell! Thanks for the tour. I love what you've done, and it looks so darn comfortable!
Hugs to you and the rabbits.
xoxo
Donna and Tag

Little Miss Titch said...

we think you have a beautiful home thanks for the inspiration

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your home is beautiful. The green pillows are just perfect for you!
Deb

JudyCinNC said...

Thank you so much, Shell, for this show and tell - love seeing your creative space - Light bulb moment with Mary doing a piece of quilting and turning it into pillows. Why did I not think of that? Pretty creative. Love your space. Judy C

Sherri said...

Shell, what great things you have posted about! You should have let me know you were going to be in Charlotte-that is where I live!!

Kris said...

Your home is so beautiful and inviting, Shell!! Thanks for the living area tour!! Next time you are in St. George, will you do the same for our place?? :-) Love ya!!!

Elly D said...

You have such a beautiful home Michelle. Thank you for sharing. Ellyx

Christina said...

Your home is lovely Michelle and very warm and welcoming. I love the lantern on the floor and your color scheme.

Carrie P. said...

Your home is just lovely. I think you will be very busy with all those creations going on in your brain. You have lots of fun space to fill up with your wool creations.
So that was the big fragile thing I carried out to your car? The cache pot. Love it.

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely home. I got my package today w lovely wool and thread and wool!! What a nice day
Carol in VA Bch

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your home is really beautiful! Love all the little accents and your new pillows are perfect! Can't wait to see your new stitcheries along side the mirror!

Gisele Bourdon said...

C'est joli chez vous très chaleureux, vous aimez les lapin, moi c'est les coqs.

Natascha said...

Looks beautiful! I luvvv that ceramic rabbit bowl!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Shell,

How lovely to have a peek into your beautiful home, love it dear friend.
Also the green pillow, the cache pot and the wooden ball are all so lovely.

Hugs
Carolyn

Draffin Bears said...

Sorry should have said wooden bowl.

xo

Quilt Kitty said...

Love your current style Shell, especially the dining table & chairs. They look so big & inviting. Ortega is very cute. Tracee xx

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...