Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baroque Bouquets No. 1 is finally Done!

Ta Da!!! Yipee!!!

I finally finished this new design! I really love how it turned out and I'm going to frame it after I find the perfect white frame. This piece is big. The design will fit a 16" x 20" frame. My inspiration came from some old millwork and plaster designs on European buildings and gardens. I just go totally gaga over that stuff!

The patterns are available in My Shop and I also have two kits with the Valdani JP 12 Seaside Floss. For those of you doing the block of the month series, this is the same color we are using for this months block.

I also think it would be stunning done up Valdani's O520, Vintage Pastel

or even M68, Blue Clouds.

I have these available in the Shop too. It will take 3 balls of floss for the design.

This design was so much fun to do and now I'm ready to move onto my next idea. Let's just say that if the rest of this year is going to go as fast as the first part, I better get to working on my Fall designs! Yikes!

Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Beautiful, Shell! You are such a talent. I love the colors you chose.
xoxo
Donna

The French Bear said...

Shell, this is just stunning!!! I love this design, and I love those threads, wow.....beautiful!!!
It deserves to be framed......very nice!!!
Great stitching my dear.....as always!
Hugs,
Mags
xo

By Hoki Quilts said...

Shell, that is simply elegant, simply stunning.
hugs
Miche'le

Barb said...

What a lovely design.....that thread is sooooo wonderful!

Rosa said...

What a awesome design.That thread are very cute .

Rebecca P said...

What pretty designs, love them.

Lisa said...

Ooooohhh, pretties!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, such beautiful colours!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Shell--I do love the design--but you gave too many choices for colors of thread--now it will take me a month of Sunday's to decide which color to actually use!!!!!!lol
Yep--I can not believe it -- but we must be thinking ahead to fall already!
Do you have the next design done yet?????????
Hugs,Di

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Wow your design is very beautiful!

Fleurette said...

Beautiful design and will look stunning in a white frame.

Sherry said...

I was just catching up on some blog reading and when I saw your new pattern I went directly to your shop and bought it. It fits in perfectly with the direction I am going for my livingroom redo so I want to get started right away. I should have ordered the floss while I was at it. I guess I should decide which direction I am going with colors first. Thanks for the great design.

The Rustic Victorian said...

How beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the new design is stunning. I love how the knots are wrapping among themselves almost Celtic. I am all about Celtic stuff. :-)

Question on the Valdani floss...does it come ready to use or do you have to seperate the floss like DCN floss?

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...