Thursday, June 3, 2010

A little more Blue and White

Ok..I just had to share a few more blue and white pictures with you because I'm just loving this color combination. The blue is more of a muted, steel blue with a hint of sea. How do ya like that description???? hee,hee,hee.

So this is my bedroom. I love the new carpet and I got those fabulous curtains at Lowes! Yep Lowes! They have scrolly stuff on them and that made it even better because it matched my scrolly ironwork above the bed. That sucker is heavy too! We haved it nailed up really good though so it won't fall off the wall and mush us in the middle of the night. I've told you before, but I really, really love my big fluffy bed! It's huge and the mattress comes up above my waist. Yes, I do have to "hop" into bed. ;)

Next, this little mirror I found at a junk shop for $15! It practically jumped into my hands! I walked around the store with the biggest smile on my face! The soap dispenser is Shabby Chic from Target. You know I had to have it with the scrolly stuff on it. I also have one in the kitchen. Behind it is the pillow I made from that gorgeous blue paisley fabric.


Finally is this cutie rabbit that I've shown you before. He looks good no matter where I put him.
In fact, right now he resides on the back of the toilet in the guest bathroom and tells the men "don't pee on the seat, mama will kill you."  ;)

Have a fun day and don't forget to scroll down and register for the giveaway!!!

11 comments:

Peggi said...

Your room looks beautiful! Bright and clean without feeling sterile. It's serene. I love it.

I went sort of the same way you did - I did cream with a pretty, soft sagey-blue. ALMOST serene - however, I'm stuck with awful dirt-brown/rust carpet. :(

Barb said...

What a lovely bedroom....looks so peaceful!

Karen M said...

Your room is so beautifully serene. What a nice place to escape to.

Annabelle said...

Your bedroom is beautiful! It's so cool & calm looking. Love the bunny, too!

Sparklyjools said...

I am groaning at how lovely this is! Couldn't you hop over the Big Pond right now - and come to sort my flat out, please, pretty please? x

Shell said...

Your bedroom is dreamy. The mirror is a sweet little find. My bedroom is a work in progress.. hoping to get it looking as lovely as yours.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your bedroom---wished I did not have to share my bedroom with my sewing workshop--but!!!!
I am putting some white in there though---I have a new cover for the bed--white and some real lacy type white curtains to put under the pink valance I have in there---need to prewash the cover and the curtains first--but then that means I would have to put my stitching on "hold" again---what's a girl to do!!!!!
Hugs, Di

Shirley said...

I love the new look with the blue and white. I had to laugh about your comment where you put your rabbit. My boss won't let me put a note on the wall of our community bathroom at work, but yours would work wonderful heehee. You have a very nice day, Your Missouri Friend

KatCollects said...

I love your bedroom. It looks so peaceful and quiet, the perfect place to read and nap and day dream.
Hugs,
Kathy

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful and understated colour scheme!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Girlfriend! I love your blue and white color scheme. One of my favorites.
xoxo
Donna

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...