Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rococo Roses One and Two and Valdani Floss

So it only took me LIKE FOREVER to figure out my style. Geez.... Seems like I lost myself for so many years while working in construction. I was forever getting sucked into other people's styles, which I liked very much, but was not really me. So finally, finally.... I have listened to myself and realized that I love Rococo and Baroque styles, but on a simplified level. I love clean, uncluttered and handmade things. I love... well... simple. I've designed my stitchery patterns to reflect me.... Simple Handmade Elegance.
This is my first pattern in a series called "Rococo Roses." I love the ornate mill work in Rococo and Baroque styles, but I truly love the simple and "uncluttered" look. My designs are stitched onto linen using Valdani 3 strand floss. This floss is just so fabulous to work with!
Not only is it hand-dyed, but it is the only hand-dyed floss on the market that is colorfast! Then, their dying methods are environmentally friendly to boot! Win, win, win in my book! A company I'm proud to be a part of.
This is Rococo Roses Number 1.
I think the pattern looks so pretty framed. I've decided I'll stitch all of my designs and frame them then hang them as a group. (stay tuned for what I've done in my house. yikes!)
This is the floss I used for Rococo Roses Number 1. Isn't the variegation gorgeous! It's called Vintage Pastel. I get so excited over floss! Too bad I don't get excited about flossing my teeth.... urrrgggg
This is Rococo Roses Number 2. I used pearl beads to accent it. I looooove how it turned out.
I'll make this one to frame as well, but I decided I really wanted to make this into a pillow first.
It's for sale on my site.
This is the floss I used for Rococo Roses Number 2. It's called Tea-Dyed Stone.
The patterns, floss and finished pieces are all available on my SITE if you would like to try a little stitching for yourself or if you need instant gratification with a finished piece. Stitching really is soooooo much fun and addicting. You can stitch on a plane, on a train or even in the rain. Ooopos, sorry, gotta little carried away. The best part is that it doesn't cost very much money to create something beautiful. We can all appreciate that nowadays.
hugs and happy stitching,
shell
This week IGF getting these stitcheries finished and finally finding my style.


18 comments:

gail said...

Hi Shell, I love your style. It is so very you! :) I hope you have a huge success with these patterns. I am sure you will. I am loving doing some stitching now too. It is lots of fun. I will have to give this thread a try!
Have a great week,,, Hugs, gail

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Sweet Shell! I haven't been by in a while, so busy! I love your new designs. They are so beautiful! Someday, when the kiddies are bigger I am going with lighter colors. I love how clean white looks but little hands don't keep it that way for long.

Wishing you a wonderful week!
hugs,
Carrie

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Shell,

Love your new designs! And you've been my greatest inspiration for making white items! Truly!! I'm liking white a lot too.

Have a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Pei Li

Patricia said...

Shell, I really love your Rococco Roses. Very pretty designs, and I have to check out this floss! I used to use a thread that came like that but used it to crochet edgings on linen handerchiefs. I may have to make a few for my grandaughters. These colors are very inspiring.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Terri said...

Looks great! It is wonderful to find ones style. I'm still looking.
Have a super great week!

Tedi said...

As always... you are just too cool. Love everything you do and wish I was you too. How's that for being a fan? A little over the top - maybe? Hugs, Tedi www.PetiteBookstore.com/blog

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Sooo pretty! I love to embroider...just haven't done it in ages. Your designs are very elegant, Shell...and goes so nice with your home!

Carolee Crafts said...

shell I always love your stitched designs, they are beautiful. Cannot wait to see more framed samples have a good week, Hugs x

Lisa McDonald said...

Shell

Your work is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

Lisa
palepinkandroses

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie!! Doesnt it feel WONDERFUL to finally know your style? When I discovered cottage and shabby chic I was sooo relieved, lol! It feels so good to know myself. I LOVE your knew pieces, they are beautiful, everything you do is beautiful. I so need to own one of your originals someday soon I hope!!
Love ya,
Amy

Unknown said...

Hi Shell!

Your one of my favorite blogs to visit. Sorry if I have not been here sooner. Just so much to do lately. I loooove your latest designs! The pillow is gorgeous. I think you should do a bunny desing too..lol I bet it would look adorable. Hope you are doing well and hope you have a fantastic week!
xxoo

Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

The French Bear said...

Shell, i love the new designs, and they suit you! I love the TeaDyed Stone, I think that may be my new color!! I want to redo my living room, and I think it may be in those shades.
As soon as I get caught up, I want to start stitching!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the first time I have seen your work! Amazing.

Marie said...

HI Shell,
I love your rococo designs. They are truly beautiful. I love the simplicity of your designs.
Marie

Karen Valentine said...

Oh Shell your work is just gorgeous! That style is really beautiful and does seem to suit you very well. I can't wait to see what you've done in your home!!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Susie said...

Hi Shell! I am in awe of your new cerations. Very nice. So you!
Keep them coming!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Jo Potter said...

Hi Shell May,
Exquisite work...I love the picture and the cushion. Very beautiful and clean detail. It must of taken ages to stitch these Rococo designs... I also love the Rococo and Baroque style. I studied them in History of Art, when I went to college!
Have a lovely week.
Jo May.;)

P.S. Loreena is a great singer. Thank you for your visit.;)

Rebecka said...

Shell,
Your designs are beautiful! I love the thread colors you used. The Tea-Dyed Stone is a great color. Love the pillow!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...