Sunday, August 24, 2008

If the Shoe Fits






































I was on a roll this weekend! I had a total blast and felt like I got alot done. Of course that meant not answering my phone (sorry friends, still love ya), but I really needed work and the inspiration was there. Time is of the essence these days.

I don't know what it was about these shoes that caught my eye, but I thought they were so pretty. All my work is quilted not paper. I'm just a fabric junkie at heart. Sooo, I transferred the images onto silk and then cut them out. The background fabric has been heavily quilted and then washed for that oh so wonderful aged, old, quilt look. I then made tags that have cardstock on the back so you can write a fabulous message. I just had to make a "doodle book." I loooovvve to doodle and I carry a doodle book in my purse. I write quotes, make little sketches and heck... doodle! They are so much fun to carry around. I find myself doodling all the time. People always inspire me.

Then there are some of my "mail art" cards. These are so much fun to send and to receive. They come with a clear envelope so the recipient actually gets a piece of art in the mail and the post office people can enjoy looking at it to and are all jealous because someone loves you enough to send you something so special and handmade and one of a kind! I also made a little piece of art that would look good on a shelf, a dresser or a nightstand. It sits on this adorable wire easel. Ooo la la it is fun! Everything is available on my site if you are interested. Free shipping in the USA! Purchase here.

Today is also Worldwide Rabbit Love and Appreciation Day. What a wonderful day it is. Of course I have to share some photos of my kids as I love and appreciate them every single day. They bring me so much happiness and ask for very little in return. Please visit my friend Paula if you are interested in adopting a bunny and if you want to look at some more fabulous bunny photos, please visit my nephews here.


Well have a great week. Be good and love some bunny!

Hugs,
Shell

This week IGF Razzy, Chloe and Silfay (my outside bunny that I have been feeding since he was a baby). Mama loves you my precious snuggle bunnies!

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle

I love the doodle books they are so creative. I like shoes too!
The bunnies are amazing. So cute.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Carolee Crafts said...

Love your work, I too am passionate about fabric and have simple loads. Love to the bunnies

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Michelle ~ Your shoes are beautiful !! You do wonderful work ~
The bunnies are darling too, of course :)
xoxo,
Lori

Dianne Long said...

Wowie Shell, you have been busy! I love the shoe art - You are so talented! They are really spectaclar! Now you need to make some purse art to compliment the shoe art! (and for me, hint-hint!) Love the doodle book, I have a select few of those too, but could always use a really pretty one like yours to carry around. Love the bunnies, give your kiddo's big snuggly bunny hugs from me!

Anonymous said...

OK...I confess~I have to check for the bunnies first~LOL!!! But I do love the shoes...I buy shoes like people buy snacks...I see a BOGO & I am there!
Susan *dutchrose*

Janet L Christian said...

Those shoe cards are very pretty. I love those shoes too. I love the bunny eating the carrot too.

kath@retromantic antiques said...

Love your new creations. Very chic. But I LOVE your bunnies. That Chloe is just too cute for words.k

gail said...

Hi Michelle, I love your art quilts and postcards. Your work is beautiful. I love the shoes. Dont you love when you get in the zone like that. Oh and tell the furry kids, Happy Rabbit day!!!!! luv, gail

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

It's such a treat to visit you. The shoe art is so pretty! What a great imagination you have and how creative. Love it! And of course I adore those bunnies! I wish I had them right here in front of me so I can hug them! So cute!! When Easter rolls around again you should dress them all pretty..hee hee.
Have a fun week!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Cottage Flair said...

Michelle,
Your designs are so creative and lovely. You do a beautiful job. Your bunnies are beautiful too.
Jennifer

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

ohhh shoes. I have a collection of ceramic, ornaments and umm,well okay the real wearable ones too LOL.

Those look wonderful!
Bunny hugs,
(())

Cathy said...

Michelle, These are absolutely beautiful. I have to go check them out right now!

xo Cath

Shabby Shan said...

Hi Michelle,
Your shoe art is just beautiful. You do such pretty work! Those bunnies are just precious! I have a brown & white dutch outside bunny. I also use bunnies in my decor. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon
shabbyshanscottage.blogspot.com

Inka Smith said...

Shell,
I love the shoes. They are great!!! Your bunnies are making me want one too. Tom would kill me if I got another animal and my dogs might run it to death!!! LOL But I love them!!
Inka

Deb said...

Hi Michelle....love your shoes! Your bunnies look so sweet, but my mom had a big black bunny named Sophie who used to try to bite us so I'm kinda scare of them now. :)

Pink hugs,
Debbie

cathy said...

I love the shoes Michelle. Now I have to ake a shoe ornie!
I also love you bunnies! They are so cute, you just want to snuggle one!

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Oh my Michelle! They are GORGEOUS!!!! I love them... You have been a busy busy bee.lol And the bunnies are precious.. Hope you have a nice week too my friend.
Pink Hugs,
Stephanie

Patricia said...

Those shoes are great and love the postcard idea. Everything was lovely, but those are my favorites. Hugs to Bugs! Is that a more svelte Chunky Bunny?
Pat

Silena said...

Well, Ms Crazy Bunny Lady, Michelle, your little quilts are so beautiful and you are such a talented and prolific artist. I can't believe you made all those glorious quilts in such a short period of time. The themed shoe collection is very appealing!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face!!

Susie said...

Hi Michelle! What a wonderful Show and Tell. You have been so busy! I love the shoes.
Susie ~ The Polka Dot Rose

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Shell,
Wow, you were on a roll! I am a shoe junkie and those are amazing! I love your creations, you are one talented chickie! Thanks for sharing, oh, and your kids are just the cutest!
hugs,
Carrie

Angel Heart Designs said...

Hi! Michelle, WOW! Those are beautiful, I love the shoes! I just love the bunnies too! I had some some years ago..they are precious!
Cindy :)

Eileen & Karen said...

Wow Michelle! What a productive weekend for you! Nice work too!
Eileen
Forget Me Not Dreams

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Oh Michelle,
Your work is scrumptious. I might just have to send myself one of those cards, lol. And the Bunnies! What can I say, they look like little prim and proper pug nosed children posing for their school picture. Such expressive little faces, irresistible. I guess I can't hide my dorkwadness, but then again do I want to, lol.
Have a beautiful bunny lovin' day,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Michelle,
Love, love your shoe quilts, even though I’m not a shoe person ;o) Give some loving to your babies!
Have a great week!
Helene
ps. Thanks for visiting my blog

sita said...

Those are gorgeous! So victorian, so me! I just love them, I know those will fly off the "shelves"! Thank you for sharing your creations!

sita said...

Those are gorgeous! So victorian, so me! I just love them, I know those will fly off the "shelves"! Thank you for sharing your creations!

Roxie Morrow said...

Oh I see I'm going to have to come back to shop. I'm so glad to see what comes from a lil inspiration. Wow girl, you got alot done!!!
Roxie

Mrs. W said...

Oh Michelle... imagine my surprise when I find your blog via someone else and then find that I am one of your favorites WOW I am honored and totally blessed! Can I just say how absolutely cute these shoes are I am totally inspired love them great job
I love your quilts and your bunnies are the best! Best Wishes dear one! Heather

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

I LOVE the shoes!!!! SO CUTE! You do such beautiful work!

Your bunnies are so cute, I just want to hold them!!!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

What beautiful work, Michelle. Your inspiration really paid off! See you at Retreat!

Gaby Bee said...

Your new creations are simply stunning. Fabulous art quilts.
The bunnies are really cute!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...