Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Auntie M" I am































Auntie M. Yep that's me. My nieces and nephews call me auntie and I'm auntie to my friend's fuzzy children. I love everything about being an auntie. David and I never wanted kids and if given the choice of holding a newborn puppy or a newborn baby, I will choose the puppy because babies make me nervous until their heads stay on. Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't take my nieces and nephew in a heartbeat, it just means that it is way more fun to "kiss, kiss, love, love and then be happy when they go home and mess up their own house and drive my sister crazy 24/7.

However, being an auntie to animals is entirely different. I have a huge passion for pets. I truly love them and look forward to seeing them. I have been like that since I was a child. I can spend hours and hours with animals and never tire of them. Soooooo, with construction being in such a conflict now and me not knowing what the future of my job will be, I have started my own pet sitting business. The name of it is "Auntie M's Critter Care." When your critter needs a sitter, there's no place like home.

Most crazy pet people like me cringe at the thought of putting their babies in a kennel. Critters are much happier being at home with their own stuff and their own beds. I come to the house spend about 40 minutes taking care of them and giving them lots of love. This is the reason I bought a new car. My other car belongs to my boss at my construction job. I wasn't about to put critter's in his car or use his gas to operate my own business.

My good friends, Bridgette and Georgina, at Intandem http://www.intandeminc.com/ designed my new website for me. They did a fabulous job and I'm so delighted with everything they did. Check it out when you get a minute. http://www.auntiemscrittercare.com/

I'm not sure what the future will hold, but I'm excited about doing something I'm so passionate about. Keep me in mind if your critter needs a sitter. Auntie M, I am.

Hugs,
Shell

This week I want to say Happy Birthday to my Princess Chloe. She is 3. I also want to say Happy Birthday to Beth and Goldie who are 40. It's about time you caught up with me. Love you all.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of the bunnies are too much!!! I'm "auntie" to all my nieces too...I love it.... Wishing all the best on the new venture! How exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Shell ~

I can't wait to show my daughter Rebecca all the pictures of your bunnies. She is a big fan of yours. They are all adorable.

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com

Dianne Long said...

Shell! I love those pictures! You are so pretty! I think your idea for a pet sitting business is great. My Lauren would love to do that too as she is all about animals. If it was up to her we'd have every kind of animal there is! I just love that photo of the rabbits in the pink bathroom, that is hilarious! They look like they got caught being mischevious and are trying to act all cool and such! Too funny! Good luck with your new biz!

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Hi Michelle,

Congratulations on setting up your new business, and I'm so happy for you that you followed your passion! I wish you all the best in your new business and don't worry....when you are passionate and happy about what you do, your customers will know!

Pei Li

Anonymous said...

Lucky Critters~ but I would love a 40 minute vist from you~ just for fun.

Cottage Flair said...

I really enjoyed your pictures!! Good for you for starting a new venture. Best of luck! My sister loves bunnies too and has an English Lop. She is huge!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

That was a fun tour...I loved the pics...I am totally an animal person also...I always say when I die, send me to St.Francis heaven!
Susan *dutchrose*

Brown Bee Studio said...

Michelle, your furkids are so cute....I especially like the moppity gray one with the dark face that's on the hay bale. Too adorable! Thank you for stopping by and your sweet words.....xoxo

Patricia said...

Congratulations on the new business. And the pics of your bunnies are precious.

Pat

Carolyn Kocman said...

you will have to be auntie dw to my four dogs and bunny. heehee! hope it all works for you with the pet care business. i wish you were closer...i would give you lots of business!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh I wish I had someone like you that would come in and make sure Willie and Wy were okay so we could take a long trip. I wish you great success with your new venture...I think once word gets out you will be busy busy.

(())

gail said...

Hi Michelle, I am so excited to read your post. YAY!!!! I love that you have started your pet sitting business. I love mine, and I am getting busier all the time. I wish you the best luck. Now your like me... a day job, petsitting business and your creative job. Wait and see what happens when you tell people you have 3 jobs. They will think your crazy,,, but its the best. They dont know what they are missing.... luv, gail

Silena said...

Well Hi Auntie M,
Just loved your show and tell...who wouldn't go crazy over your darling critters....and they are so soft and fuzzy, huh!!?? Best wishes with your new venture...following your passion is such a wondrous thing and by the way, your haircut is just as lovely as you are!!

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Michelle, great pictures and congratulations! I wish you all the best in your new business venture. I'm sure it will be great! I am a big animal lover as well. I have had pet chickens, ducks, you name it. I think someday I need to live on a farm.LOL. Have a great week!
Carrie

Inka Smith said...

Shell,
Congrats on your new business! I am sure it will be a success.
How far are you from Boone, NC?
Inka

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Oh Michelle,
I love your new website, and the bunny on the front page looks like he's negotiating a job, lol. You will do great Auntie M.......How exciting,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Lilli Blue said...

My first pet was a bunny. I also had one when i was in clooedge. i love bunnies. yours are wonderful. thanks for the nice post. Lilli

Eileen & Karen said...

Shell, Your new business sound perfect for you! Antie M's...to cute! Best of luck!
Hugs
Eileen
Forget Me Not Dreams

Susie said...

Hi Michelle! I am Auntie too. Only I had 8 nephews! Loved all your pictures and the new venture of Auntie M critter sitter. Best wishes!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your blog. I just found it through the quilting gallery group. Your rabbits and doggy are wonderful. And you fabric art is beautiful.

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

I love all of your pictures of your bunnies, so cute. Congrats on your new business, how exciting for you!

Diane Duda said...

It sounds ideal for you!
Best of luck!!!
(great photos)

xo
di

one of my nephews spends so much time here he calls me "aunt mommy". :)

Alice said...

shell!!!!!!!!!

this is great, i love this business for you!!!!!!

thanks for including some photos from potentially nervous!

i just went to your website and it looks terrific! once again i find myself wishing we didn't live so far away!!!

congratulations my friend,

"alice"

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Michelle congratulations on your new business! It's perfect! You're love for animals shows in all you do. I wish you lived closer! Lefty would LOVE YOU!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

My daughter was just standing next to me and you should have heard her saying awwwwww mommy those bunnies are soooo cute! lol I did the same thing too..lol I love all the bunny pics and you and your family are beautiful. So happy I stopped by. I always look foward to visiting you.
xxoo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Just a bed of roses said...

Michelle what a great business and I can see its your passion so you will be fantastic at it...oh the lucky customers. The pictures are just outstanding, thanks for sharing.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...