Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Photos from Friends

Well hi ya! How's your first few days of Summer going? Ours has been rather interesting. First, we have been dealing with a water issue here in Wilmington. It seems there is a chemical in the water called GenX, which causes cancer. It's been in the water for a long time and now there is an uproar from residents as it has been made public. I'm sure there is probably a cover up by the chemical plant and the water company. Having a Flint, MI and Erin Brockovich flashback. Where we live isn't affected, "as they say," but I don't trust them. It's all about greed and squandering money regardless of how it affects the well being of others. Disgusting. We'll see how it all unfolds over the next few weeks.

Second, even though we had the house sprayed for the massive ant infestation, They're Back! Uggggh! I hate killing stuff, but the clean freak in me wins this one. I can't handle insects of any kind crawling around my food or Hannah and Sabrina's food. NOPE! Not sure if they are coming up through the kitchen sink drain line. Anywho, the bug man is coming again tomorrow. May the force be with him. hee,hee,hee. giggle, snort. ;)

Alrighty then, on to some fun eye candy shall we? This first piece is from my guild friend, Lynn Flaherty. She used "O'Ryan the Stargazer" from my book to create this adorable baby quilt. I love all the happy colors and this is now "Olivia the Owl" don't you think? :)


This next piece was found at a quilt show that a couple of my guild members attended. They took this photo to share with me. (Thanks Mary and Donna!). This is my Peter's Pumpkin design made by my student Susan Foster. I simply adore how she quilted the background! I think it truly added so much to the overall design.


b


My sweet friend, Kathy (Kat) Tongue is using my "Wild Hare" design from my book and flowers from several of my other designs to create her own unique piece. I can't wait to see what she does. It looks wonderful so far!

Kat is also playing around with colors from one of my other designs from a while back called "Love Grows."

This is my new friend, Brenda Call. I met her in January when I taught for her guild. She purchased my "Seamore the Seahorse" design and this is how he turned out. I'm soooooooooo proud of her as she suffers from severe carpel tunnel in her wrists. She was in pain doing all the hand stitching, but had so much fun and wasn't about to let it stop her! You go girlfriend! Woooooo hoooooo!


The last piece I'm sharing is from my friend, Marji Carano. Marji took my "Beekeeper Class" and this is how her pincushion turned out. I love how she used purple wool felt and the yellow rick rack on the bee to tie it into the flower. Too cute!


One last reminder that Saturday, July 1st, will be the grand finale of Briarside Lane. I will show you how to put all the blocks together and what the finished quilt looks like.

See you then!
Michelle

10 comments:

Petal49 said...

Oh Michelle what a terrible thing to have in your water and people not taking responsibility for their actions.
So lovely to see finished pieces of your work. They are all so lovely. Good luck with ants.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That's terrible that these cities are not responsible in water, hope things work out. AND ants are a NO-NO in my house, too. How wonderful to have your pieces shared with you and others - just lovely.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning, Shell!!!!!!

YIKES, ants? We had that problem in a HUGE way out in California when I was growing up. The trail of ants in our kitchen that was coming in from the orange trees outside our window was utterly disgusting. Thank goodness, we have not had that problem here, but to hear about your WATER ISSUE? Oh goodness, what next, on the whole as far as our environment and society! I hope that bug guy can obliterate them for ya!

LOVE that seahorse....oh the summer has been so good but to think that June is almost over....well, I've got all of July and practically all of August to enjoy myself. Keep us posted on the ant problem!

Susie said...

Hi Michelle we too had problems with ants and filled every hole possible where we thought they were getting in and yet we still got them, then one day they stopped coming in and we don't know why!!!!! I hope you get it resolved. Love the quilt with the owl the colours are amazing and really happy for a baby quilt. Love the woolies too. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Susie x

Createology said...

Now this s a lot of beautiful eye candy! Sew many gorgeous projects from your inspiration dear. I also believe ants do not belong in my home but they have theiir own way of invading my space. The heat draws them indoors and the bug man is not as effective as me and my lemon scented 409 spray! I am fearless when it comes to the tiny helpless ants!!! Any other creatures and I am screaming and running.
Summer is here in all its triple digit heat...<3

Jeanette said...

I hope you get you ant problem sorted. I had issues a while back with them. They decided my kettle was a good place to be & if i didn't watch out i'd have a cup of tea full of ants. I discovered(after a while) they'd made a nest under the kettle where the cord winds around the base. Gorgeous projects. Hugs,xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

He might need the "Force" to get rid of ants.....grin. Love all the eye candy.

RG said...

Out here we have slugs that come up the drain pipes and hide under your bed. They are basically giant snails - in all colors - that have no shell so they are squishy and sticky and gooey.

Good luck with the ants. yuk.

Sparklyjools said...

OMG when will this stuff end sweets! Goodness knows what else is in our water and foodchains , I suspect most of us in the 'civilised' world are stuffed full of nasty chemicals we know nothing about because it's making somebody rich.

So lovely to see all the fab interpretations of your wonderful designs! xxx

Val's Quilting Studio said...

How rewarding it must be to see others using your patterns so creatively! CONGRATS and enjoy that.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...