Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Cottage, The Cat, The Quilters

Hi ya! Just a quick pop in this week. My best friend of 36 years, Beth, has been visiting and frankly, we have been out playing! hee,hee,hee.

However, I wanted to show you how our cottage looks now that we removed all the "builder bushes" and pine straw and replaced them with Gardenias and mulch. I parked my car out front to give you an idea of the size of our house. See, it really is a cottage. The house to the left of us is almost complete. It still hasn't sold though. There are two houses being started to the right of us. They will be the last two houses built on our street. Hopefully, they will have them done by September. I'm read for the dirt and portable toilets to find a new home. ;)


Sabrina has adjusted quite nicely to her new digs. She has found several places to claim as official "nap" spots. Sometimes I get sleepy just looking at her!

"This spot is juuuuuuuuuuust right."


Lastly, I want to share this photo of my friends at Quilters by the Sea. This is my local guild and I had a play date with them a few weeks ago. See everyone's bunny ears? LOL! They also made my "Bee Happy" design. I had such a fun day with all of them.


Alrighty then. I will see you back here next Wednesday. I hope you are out enjoying some beautiful June days.

Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

13 comments:

DIGBY said...

Your cottage is lovely! And Sabrina looks right at home. I hope Hannah is also doing well and likes her new digs. So glad you are enjoying your new home!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy you all are settling nicely into your new cottage. Love the bunny ears for some Shell share time. Looks like they are all having a good time. And what a great work room.

Jeanette said...

Your house looks fabulous. Sabrina you sure look comfy there. Hugs, xx

Lesley said...

What a beautiful cottage! And gotta love those bunny ears!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Shell!!!!! Your cottage looks fabulous and wait until your plantings mature! We have been in our place for 19 years and THIS is the spring that we are finally seeing such maturity HUG the property. Your home is adorable! Sabrina knows what a good cottage is supposed to be: COMFY! I hope Miss Hannah-B is loving her digs too.

PLAYTIME!!!!!!! I've already been off one week and my goodness, I honestly feel like a CHILD again! Playing with Ruben, in the garden, watching the bunnies, watching the blue jays and robins fight over who will settle down in our garden, going to the lakes, SHOPPING, the list goes on.

Hugs to you sweetest friend!

JudyCinNC said...

Just so you know - gardenias are my favorite flower and we had them flown ito Colorado for our wedding 21 years ago. Hi, sweetest friend, your house is so gorgeous - and you are making it your own. Play time is good and I am so glad I caught you out having fun with your friend. Hugs from Judy C

Loris said...

Sabrina certainly does look content in your lovely cottage. I know so much work went into the move and building but it sure looks worth it now. Enjoy all those wonderful new friends :-)

Tina said...

I am in love with your beautiful house -it's just wonderfully charming!!!! I also love the very contented look on Sabrina's face! Great group of ladies (love those bunny ears)!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I do believe that with that photo of Sabrina she is really telling you that this is 'her' home and that she is 'allowing' you and David and Hannah to live here toooo!!!
Have fun with your friend--love the house--
love and laughter, di

RG said...

36 year friendship? What - were you too crib mates in the nursery?

Look at all those people with bunny ears ... but "where's the food"?

Sabrina makes me sleepy!

Boy - enjoy the new place - it was a big effort and we all were just about woofed out watching.

Sparklyjools said...

It's looking so pretty outside. Sabrina looks purrfectly happy! :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Shell! HI THERE! Thank you for coming to my peony hommage! GOSH these flowers have stolen my heart this year, and the pink ones are dying off but the deep fuschia are still going strong!

The bunnies love to hide under the drooping heads of these beautiful flowers, and nature is praising the rainbow of hues. ENJOY your week my dear!

Jillayne said...

Your cottage is gorgeous - this move sounds like it's all worked out in the end... I love Sabrina, lying in state like that. She's like a queen!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...