Wednesday, June 15, 2016

One, Five and Seven

Hi there. How's your week going? Mine has been one of those weird weeks when things seem surreal. Ever have those kind of weeks? I guess because I have been looking back and remembering.

One:  Monday marked one year since I said goodbye to my precious Harrington. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. He took a huge part of my heart with him when he left.

It's weird, but I guess I am finally having closure with his death. There was just something so special about Harrington. He was unlike any other rabbit I have ever had. I miss that wonky eared boy so much.



Five: On a happier note, Hannah and I celebrated five years together on May 2. She is doing incredibly well and for that I am truly grateful.



Seven: One of the reasons I didn't get Hannah a friend after Harrington died was because she is an older bunny. She just turned 7. Also, we were in the middle of moving and that on top of her sinus issue, I really didn't want to stress her out even more trying to bond her to someone new.  The poor thing had been through enough.


Hannah is the oldest bunny I have ever had. Some of my friends have had rabbits live to be 10 and twelve. I told Hannah that she should make it her goal to live that long. It sure would make me happy!



Well, I gotta get back to work. I have a bunch of new designs coming and classes to teach and traveling to do. I'll see you back here next week with one of my new designs.

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle

15 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Harrington was indeed a special bunny - that's how I met you. Glad to hear Hannah is doing well - yes, she has been thru a lot.

Jeanette said...

Harrington sure was a special bunny, as is Hannah. Glad she is doing well. Hugs,xx

Petal49 said...

I loved seeing and hearing stories about Harrington and I miss him too. Hannah is very special and looks like my Daisy. They are wonderful pets and friends and I hope she will be with you for a long time. She is beautiful.

webbsway said...

Thank you for posting about Hannah. I love your bunny stories.

Carmen S. said...

My heart hurts for you, he looked alot like my Miss truffles, she will be 10 in oct. and is having issues, such a joy they bring into our lives <3

RG said...

Go Hannah Go. Keep the house happy! The Princess lived to be almost 14.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Glad Hannah is doing well, she is lovely. :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My heart is melting over here like chocolate.....goodness, a year has already gone by my friend? I will never forget that. No matter who we lose, that grief comes and goes. But it's always in the good things that remain where we find our comfort, and one of the best vestiges is our memory. Look at that wonky-earred rabbit.....the love he brought out in you that you share will remain, always.

GOTTA LOVE THAT HANNAH-BANANA! She is amazingly beautiful. Hugs to you dearest Shell!

Loris said...

Michelle, what sweet memories of such a dear boy. I miss him too. Your wisdom with Hannah reveals your heart not as a pet owner but a pet guardian. Their well being is a part of our own. She is the sweetest bunny :-) I saw Sabrina on IG the other day...looking so happy and beautiful.

tink's mom said...

hard to comment through the tears. hugs to you and Hannah.

Createology said...

I know the love you have for your bunnies dear. I had that kind of love for my kitty Sasha. As she was aging I bought and fed her all her favorite foods. I kept a huge stock and told her she had her fsvorite foods to be able to live for a very very long time. Eighteen years she gave us unconditional love and I am truly grateful. I still miss her but now I know she is peaceful and watching over us. Bless you and your lovely Hannah. How very exciting your new designs and teaching and travels are for you. Embracing Creative Bliss...

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I too still miss Harrington--he really was a special bunny--
and happy late birthday to Hannah--she is a sweet bunny!!
love and laughter, di

Natascha said...

Yes I agree with bonding being difficult! My Benny is five years old, and that is the expected lifespan of a giant. They all are just so happy together. When he goes I don't think I will get her mate as she will be older too. She will just have to get extra attention from me !

Jillayne said...

I think about Harrington a lot Shell - he had such personality, such a character. It all came through so well in his photographs, and your stories of his antics were just the icing on a lovely cake. He was a rare character, and your perfect fit...

Little Miss Titch said...

hard to believe its been that long,and as long as Hannah is happy with you and her life,then a new pal for her is not that important, love to you,Hannah and Sabrina,xx Rachel and Speedy

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...