Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fellowship of the Flowers week 31 and our July project!

July, July, July, it's almost time to say goodbye. Are you having a good summer?

I know most of us are "Busy as Bees" this time of year. There are family vacations, barbeques, gardens and lots of time being spent outdoors. That's why I decided our July project would be something a little different. Something for all us "busy bees."  ;)


The project is actually two! There is a bee postcard, which is fun to send through the mail, but could also be used as a regular card to be framed.


Then there is the bee pin, which would be perfect on a package and then...


can be used on a jacket, bag, hat or re-gifted to brighten someone else's day. You could even add a magnet on the back and make these for little hostess gifts for the holidays! You could tell the hostess your are so "Hap-Bee" to celebrate with her! ;)

Remember, you can join The Fellowship of the Flowers anytime between now and December. Please click on the tab above for all the information. 


Now, here is the flower for week 31.

This flower was just lots and lots of therapeutic stitching. :)



































I decided I wanted the stitches to be the focal point.



















Thirty one weeks already. Good gracious.
 
Light, love and hugs to you,

Michelle and the Bunnies

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Michelle....

All I can say is that art is therapeutic. We all pursue art for several reasons on any given day. One day may require a lot of WILL to get through a difficult creative moment, to attempt to revise with bad results, or a day of experimentation. But the beginning and end motivation for what we do is love.

This bee is GREAT! And your ideas for its uses are perfect. BEE HAPPY today my friend! Anita

tink's mom said...

I love the bee and not just bee cause you are modeling it. It really sweetened up the gift box and the postcard. Such a creative mind you have.

Anna said...

I have obviously been missing out on some fun! For some reason my IPad won't let me click on the link :(. When I get home I am going to check it out...love the bee!

Loris said...

I love the bee :-)

Lesley said...

Both the flower and the bee are so sweet!

DebraKay Neiman said...

Jan from Sew and Sow Farm sent me over to say HI to 'cha. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Deb said...

Loving the bee and the stitching on the flower is wonderful Michelle! Can't believe that July is nearly over, the year is flying by.

Jen Barnard said...

I love the bee, particularly the metallic bits. Jan from Sew and Sow says "Hi".

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love the bee and the idea of giving it as a hostess gift! The stitching on the flower is so rhythmic and soothing, especially through all that glorious wool!
xo,
Deb

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...